Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do push-ups and sit-ups with a 36lb weight vest. And while at work anytime a Marine comes into my office I had them pull a card from a deck of cards and whatever the number was I'd drop down and pump them out as fast as I could. For running I go to the the track and do 100meter x10 sprints pulling a small car tire then cool down with a mile jog without the tire. Then the next day I'd jog 3 miles with the vest on. Then day 3 it was back to sprints but on the track sprint hard 1 lap then jog at a decent pace for 1 then repeat until I completed 1.5 miles. Another thing that helped my endurance was doing Burpees. Everyone is different though so you gotta find what works for you.i live by sprints and Burpees.lol
    Originally posted by FutureLEO21 View Post
    question for all you guys. How did you go about training for the physical assessment? I have been running to get my stamina up but didn't realize that the assessment in my area is just over a month away or 2 months away so I really need to get on it. I just tried running to make the 1.5 mile in 13:08 and I can't keep the pace. I have no problem running the 1.5 mile but can't keep the pace to make it in 13 min. same with the pushups and sit-ups, i have no problem at all doing the minimum but the time limit is what's got me. So what did you guys do to be able to meet the minimum requirements or exceed them (I prefer to exceed them). I am willing to do anything and train everyday (which I assume I will have to) to be able to be towards the top of the class
    Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Yes I received my letter on March, 27th. I haven't tried calling yet, but I'm assuming that we will go sometime in the fall for 159. 157 graduated April,10th and they started class 158 on March,25th so I'm guessing we would start a week to 2 weeks before class 158 graduates, if they're keeping true to the way they're running their academy schedule. I haven't tried calling yet, but were you able to get any information when you called??
      Originally posted by AMG24 View Post
      Hey KSlone, I was wondering if you got your completion letter yet. I received mine back in March and have been calling weekly to see if they have a date for 159 yet. Have you heard anything yet?

Comment

• They said right now it looks like September 30th but they're just waiting on the finance department. The lady told me that it could go a week earlier or later and that if I call back in 2 weeks (April 30th) she'll know. So I'm calling that afternoon and I'll post right away. The reason I need to know ASAP is because I'm a active duty Marine in North Carolina and need to know when to put my house on the market and other things.
        Originally posted by KSlone View Post
        Yes I received my letter on March, 27th. I haven't tried calling yet, but I'm assuming that we will go sometime in the fall for 159. 157 graduated April,10th and they started class 158 on March,25th so I'm guessing we would start a week to 2 weeks before class 158 graduates, if they're keeping true to the way they're running their academy schedule. I haven't tried calling yet, but were you able to get any information when you called??

Comment

• Awesome thanks for the info. And thanks for your service as well. I hope we both make it in the academy in September, I'm really hoping because September, 5th will be my 33rd Birthday, I'll be one of the old guys in the academy, lol. So I would like to assume that we will considering we applied for classes 158-159, but you never know. In the email I received, it stated that I would be notified 4-6 weeks prior to the next academy. I imagine you received the same email. I'm curious as to how many applicants made it through the process for 158-159. Anyways, Good luck with selling your home I hope everything falls into place for you. Keep me posted on your status, and I'll do the same.
          They said right now it looks like September 30th but they're just waiting on the finance department. The lady told me that it could go a week earlier or later and that if I call back in 2 weeks (April 30th) she'll know. So I'm calling that afternoon and I'll post right away. The reason I need to know ASAP is because I'm a active duty Marine in North Carolina and need to know when to put my house on the market and other things.

Comment

• Thanks man. Marine Corps is pretty easy. Show up on time in the uniform of the day and do what you're told.lol
            the day before I got the email I had called to get a status on my package and they said that mine was still at the review board. That's when I asked how big the class would be. She told me that it all depends on the patrols need and that there were 40 or so packages that had completed the process and around 30 that were still out with the BI. I forgot to ask how many were with the board for review. The last time I called she was able to tell me that I was on the main roster 159. You should give them a call and ask. By the way I'm one of the old guys too. I'll be 31 this July.
            Awesome thanks for the info. And thanks for your service as well. I hope we both make it in the academy in September, I'm really hoping because September, 5th will be my 33rd Birthday, I'll be one of the old guys in the academy, lol. So I would like to assume that we will considering we applied for classes 158-159, but you never know. In the email I received, it stated that I would be notified 4-6 weeks prior to the next academy. I imagine you received the same email. I'm curious as to how many applicants made it through the process for 158-159. Anyways, Good luck with selling your home I hope everything falls into place for you. Keep me posted on your status, and I'll do the same.

Comment

• Good to know. I'll definitely give them a call and find out if I'm on the roster. When in March did you receive your letter of completion? And that's good to hear I'm not the only one in my 30's, haha. I'm sure there will be a handful of us.
              Thanks man. Marine Corps is pretty easy. Show up on time in the uniform of the day and do what you're told.lol
              the day before I got the email I had called to get a status on my package and they said that mine was still at the review board. That's when I asked how big the class would be. She told me that it all depends on the patrols need and that there were 40 or so packages that had completed the process and around 30 that were still out with the BI. I forgot to ask how many were with the board for review. The last time I called she was able to tell me that I was on the main roster 159. You should give them a call and ask. By the way I'm one of the old guys too. I'll be 31 this July.
              Last edited by KSlone; 04-24-2015, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• KSlone,
                I got it March 27th. Same day as you? Did yours come from Sgt. Riebesell? They told me she was no longer doing the recruiting gig well before I got that email. I just thought that was kind of strange. Us old guys gotta show those young bucks we still got it.lol
                Last edited by AMG24; 04-24-2015, 11:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• AMG24,

Cool, I received mine from Lt. Amy Ivy. Also called and was able to get some pretty good info. I spoke with Allison in recruitment and she advised me that I was on the roster for 159, so that was great news. I ask her how many cadets made it in for 158 and she said 56, also said there were 13 reserves/alternates and 3-4 made it in 158. She told me that there would probably be almost 60 in the 159 class. As far as the start date she told me the same thing as you, late September. Yes we will definitely show the young Bucks what's up, lol. Man I wish there was a way we could personal message one another. If you have an email you wouldn't mind putting on here I'll hit you up and give you my personal cell or vice versa.? Lmk either way.
                  KSlone,
                  I got it March 27th. Same day as you? Did yours come from Sgt. Riebesell? They told me she was no longer doing the recruiting gig well before I got that email. I just thought that was kind of strange. Us old guys gotta show those young bucks we still got it.lol

Comment

• That's awesome we're both in! And thanks for the extra info. Did you see that class 157 started with 62 and finished with 36? Pretty crazy. My email is [email protected] once you email me I'll give you my number.
                    AMG24,

Cool, I received mine from Lt. Amy Ivy. Also called and was able to get some pretty good info. I spoke with Allison in recruitment and she advised me that I was on the roster for 159, so that was great news. I ask her how many cadets made it in for 158 and she said 56, also said there were 13 reserves/alternates and 3-4 made it in 158. She told me that there would probably be almost 60 in the 159 class. As far as the start date she told me the same thing as you, late September. Yes we will definitely show the young Bucks what's up, lol. Man I wish there was a way we could personal message one another. If you have an email you wouldn't mind putting on here I'll hit you up and give you my personal cell or vice versa.? Lmk either way.

Comment

• Yes I saw that for 157. They say 1/3 to half will drop within the first 2-3 weeks. It's definitely a tough academy and they're looking for the best. You have to keep your eye's on the prize and don't give up. "There's a light at the end of the tunnel" Haha. I'll hit you up via email.
                      That's awesome we're both in! And thanks for the extra info. Did you see that class 157 started with 62 and finished with 36? Pretty crazy. My email is [email protected] once you email me I'll give you my number.

Comment

• hey guys its been a long time since I've been on here. Well I had my assessments June 11th and I passed! Did the push ups and sit ups and ran 1.5 mi in 11:15 (or somewhere close to that) I received an email a few weeks ago that all my paperwork was received but that my uncorrected vision does not meet the standards so I decided that I needed to get LASIK. I actually just got the procedure done yesterday and I can honestly say that it was a great investment. Now just need my eyes to heal and my vision to stabilize and then send an updated vision form and then get my poly scheduled
                        Last edited by FutureLEO21; 06-13-2015, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KSlone View Post
                          Yes I saw that for 157. They say 1/3 to half will drop within the first 2-3 weeks. It's definitely a tough academy and they're looking for the best. You have to keep your eye's on the prize and don't give up. "There's a light at the end of the tunnel" Haha. I'll hit you up via email.
                          one of the troopers at my assessments said the exact same thing. people drop like flies after a few weeks and that's not even getting into the "fun" stuff. She said, "we will push you physically, mentally and emotionally because when you put this uniform on, we need to know that when we put you in a car by yourself, you can do what needs to be done and get home safe". Good luck to all that are in the academy and all that have been accepted and will be in the next class!
                          Last edited by FutureLEO21; 06-13-2015, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Sounds like you're on your way. Congratulations on passing your PT & written exam, keep up the good work. Sounds like you're a very determined and driven individual, especially having your LASIK procedure done. Good luck with the rest of the process and keep us posted.
                            Originally posted by FutureLEO21 View Post
                            one of the troopers at my assessments said the exact same thing. people drop like flies after a few weeks and that's not even getting into the "fun" stuff. She said, "we will push you physically, mentally and emotionally because when you put this uniform on, we need to know that when we put you in a car by yourself, you can do what needs to be done and get home safe". Good luck to all that are in the academy and all that have been accepted and will be in the next class!

Comment

• Originally posted by KSlone View Post
                              Sounds like you're on your way. Congratulations on passing your PT & written exam, keep up the good work. Sounds like you're a very determined and driven individual, especially having your LASIK procedure done. Good luck with the rest of the process and keep us posted.
                              Thanks! And will do, I'll keep you guys posted when I get to the next step, hopefully all goes well and I get accepted into the academy!

Comment

• (removed comment due to new post)
                                Last edited by E_K82; 07-07-2015, 12:19 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3899 users online. 267 members and 3632 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X