Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the test used to consist of a grip strength test that required dry firing of the SIG226 (approx 10lbs pull) numerous times in both strong and weak hand. I don't see that specified in my email, but I think that is probably what the mysterious 4th area is. I have tested for several departments in OH lately and most are using the 30% as the standards for the PFT. One that I am taking on the 16th is using the 40%. I expect a few more people to fail out with the higher standard. On a side note, after emailing my alternate recruiter, I finally got confirmation of my test on the 18th.

Comment

I scheduled for Dec 30 in the morning, since I'm off work for that entire week for Christmas. Should I be receiving confirmation of that from the website or just show up?

Comment

I never received a confirmation. I thought I would based on what DRP said, but I didn't. I had to change my date a couple of times due to some scheduling conflicts at work, so I was worried that it might have not taken for some reason even though my application status showed I was scheduled for the 18th. The recruiter checked and confirmed that I am scheduled as planned and stated to show up in business attire and to bring a change of PT gear, both for outside and inside testing depending on the weather. He also reminded me to bring all of the required documentation or I would be denied testing.

Quote from his email "You need to arrive in business attire with your operator's license. You will bring your physical fitness gear with you (I'd bring gear for both indoor and outdoor because of unpredictable weather). You need to have your Physicians Release, Applicant Release, Hearing Report, Vision Report, Civil Service Application (The application you filled out online), Personal History Questionnaire." He didn't mention it, but I'm sure you need the measurement sheet as well. Hope this helps and good luck to you!

Comment

I only received the confirmation email after submitting my application. I signed up for November 25th testing and it seemed odd that I never got any confirmation email for that.

Jsmith- Good luck on the 18th! Be sure to let us know how you did

Comment

First stage complete. Only the standard three items on the PFT. Everything else was standard just have your stuff ready to go as they are a little more stringent on having everything needed and ready to go than some others.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith336 View Post
              First stage complete. Only the standard three items on the PFT. Everything else was standard just have your stuff ready to go as they are a little more stringent on having everything needed and ready to go than some others.
              Congrats on making it passed another step. Did they give you a time-frame as to when you would get written results, and polygraph set up?

Comment

Written results immediately. Got them before heading out to take the PFT. A dozen or so people testing with me, 2 failed the written, no failures on the PFT. No timeline on poly, have to send a packet back first. From their comment about making sure to get it back in a timely manner led me to believe that they are going to start working on those who have already tested before everyone is done testing. I felt old as I was the only 30+ guy there! everyone else was 25 or younger.

Comment

Hey jsmith,

Did they already call you to schedule a date for the poly examination? Seems like they are getting people through that VERY quickly!!

Comment

Nothing for me. I sent the packet in the next day they should have received it on Wednesday. I'm out of state, and it's about an 18 hour round trip for me since I'm still stationed in NC. I hope they will work with me a little when trying to get some stuff scheduled close together.

Comment

Interesting.. I know someone that tested and got a call back the next day to schedule a polygraph and made a conditional offer of employment. I thought they were doing that for everyone that passed the testing.

Comment

I've got the conditional, but there is a packet they give you after testing that you have to complete and mail back. It's not much and I'm not sure why they just don't have you do it before testing but they said to get it back quickly in order to get scheduled for the poly.

Comment

Got my poly scheduled for the middle of December!

Comment

Nice! Glad to see they are scheduling quickly. Do they call and schedule the poly as soon as they receive the packet? I'm gonna be mailing mine out tomorrow. Hopefully I can get scheduled by the end if the week.

Comment

I would say it took them around a week or so to call after receiving the packet. They called and told me that I had it scheduled for the 4th originally, but since I'm still active duty, I could not get back to OH that quick. The lady was able to work with me and reschedule it for the the 13th.

Comment

Passed written and PFT, polygraph scheduled for Dec. 20th. Anyone have any insight into when the academy will start? My recruiter (Cottam) said we will not know any time soon. I have to send in a tuition check for next semester by January 2nd if I want to remain in school. Sounds like I may have to take the semester off. Anyone know what these polys are like?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8009 users online. 372 members and 7637 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X