Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question. How did you guys go about applying to the OSHP? I was talking to a field recruiter and he said that they won't be accepting apps til April 6th for the next cadet program but I should apply as soon as I can. My problem tho, is that I can't figure out how to apply until April 6th. I emailed him back to ask how so I'm waiting to hear back from him, but thought I would see what you guys thought
    Thanks in advance

Comment

• Keep checking on Ohio.gov search government jobs then choose Public Safety and you will see if and when they will be accepting applications. Should say OSHP Cadet. Hope that helps.
      Originally posted by FutureLEO21 View Post
      Quick question. How did you guys go about applying to the OSHP? I was talking to a field recruiter and he said that they won't be accepting apps til April 6th for the next cadet program but I should apply as soon as I can. My problem tho, is that I can't figure out how to apply until April 6th. I emailed him back to ask how so I'm waiting to hear back from him, but thought I would see what you guys thought
      Thanks in advance
      Last edited by KSlone; 03-03-2015, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• Hey guys, I finished background last week not sure if I'll make class 158 I'm probably looking at class 159, maybe by the grace of God I'll squeeze into 158. If not, good luck to those of you that made it into 158. Keep your eyes on the prize gentlemen.

Comment

• Keep us updated KSlone. Hopefully you are able to make it atleast onto the reserve roster. Best of luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by KSlone View Post
            Keep checking on Ohio.gov search government jobs then choose Public Safety and you will see if and when they will be accepting applications. Should say OSHP Cadet. Hope that helps.
            Alright thanks, I appreciate it. That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure since the field recruiter said to apply as soon as I could

Comment

• Make sure to follow them on facebook as well, they will post on there when they start taking applications again.

Comment

• The field recruiter got back in touch with me and clarified. He meant apply as soon as I can, once the position gets posted

Comment

• Hey all, where did everyone get their military oxfords and the dress belt? I got a belt, but after I got home and measured it, realized it's just over an inch wide and was going to return it and make sure I get one that's the required width. Thanks!
                  Last edited by ess03; 03-06-2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• I found the shoes at a local police supply store (D&G uniform in Akron) for $70. I'm still looking for the belt as well.
                    Originally posted by ess03 View Post
                    Hey all, where did everyone get their military oxfords and the dress belt? I got a belt, but after I got home and measured it, realized it's just over an inch wide and was going to return it and make sure I get one that's the required width. Thanks!
                    Last edited by Anthony8185; 03-06-2015, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Hey fellas, just an FYI, you should be able to find a belt at a Men's wear house. I haven't received any news as to if I'm going to make 158 or not. But out of curiosity, when is orientation for all of you?

Comment

• Friday the 13th
                        Originally posted by KSlone View Post
                        Hey fellas, just an FYI, you should be able to find a belt at a Men's wear house. I haven't received any news as to if I'm going to make 158 or not. But out of curiosity, when is orientation for all of you?

Comment

• Well, hopefully I hear something this week. Thanks for the update.
                          Originally posted by Anthony8185 View Post
                          Friday the 13th

Comment

• Hey KSlone, I was wondering if you got your completion letter yet. I received mine back in March and have been calling weekly to see if they have a date for 159 yet. Have you heard anything yet?

Comment

• Well guys I was just accepted to move onto the next phase of the application process for the state highway patrol cadet program! Mind you any decent human being would be accepted to move onto the assessment tests and filling out all the paperwork as well but this has seriously turned things around for me

Comment

• question for all you guys. How did you go about training for the physical assessment? I have been running to get my stamina up but didn't realize that the assessment in my area is just over a month away or 2 months away so I really need to get on it. I just tried running to make the 1.5 mile in 13:08 and I can't keep the pace. I have no problem running the 1.5 mile but can't keep the pace to make it in 13 min. same with the pushups and sit-ups, i have no problem at all doing the minimum but the time limit is what's got me. So what did you guys do to be able to meet the minimum requirements or exceed them (I prefer to exceed them). I am willing to do anything and train everyday (which I assume I will have to) to be able to be towards the top of the class
                                Thanks in advance!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3781 users online. 255 members and 3526 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X