300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeS13 View Post
    I was at the orientation yesterday, and like I mentioned previously I was also one of those that received a alternate letter. There was roughly 57-60 people there, once we started the LT asked who all received a alternate letter and then she said, well thats going to change. Sure enough it did. I ended being picked up along with I believe there was between 10-12 alternates and by the end of the class all but 3 had been picked up for the 157th class. At the end before they cut us loose, she said she had already called 5 people to be put on the alternate, which obviously one of them is you DRP416, but the ones in the class would get priority before those 5 that were called.

I would assume that your chances are extremely high to get called. They said its not abnormal to lose 10 people on the first day, and I believe it. It was asked how do they rank us as far as placement and to who gets called first, and they said it all comes down to when you were entered in the system. So for some of us that have missed a class or haven't received news, it all goes back to being contacted in the process and how soon your BI got your paperwork together and sent in.
    Congrats on getting bumped into 157! I am glad to at least be on the reserve list as I at least have a chance to squeeze into this class. I have heard that they usually go through the whole reserve list so I am preparing myself as if I am 100% going. Just not sure what to do with my current employer as I would be in trouble if I put in my two week and then didn't get that call. This career is totally worth that risk though! Thanks for the I for MikeS13 and congrats again! Finish this academy and hopefully we will both be on the roads in 6 short months!!

Comment

• Hey everyone, I also received a phone call yesterday stating that I've been placed on the reserve roster. Orientation and another Physical Fitness Assessment are on Tuesday at 9 am.

Comment

• Any alternates that got chosen during orientation Friday get your acceptance letter in your email yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMOF84 View Post
          Any alternates that got chosen during orientation Friday get your acceptance letter in your email yet?
          I haven't heard anything so far. Thinking of calling. Do you know what time and where we meet at on 22nd? Just looking to confirm what I've heard.

Comment

• No I don't. I asked that question Friday, and that's when they said a letter would be emailed.

Comment

• Has anyone bought their black shoes yet? And if so which ones did you end up buying? I'm looking at Bates and they are pretty pricey. I would hate to spend money on the wrong pair

Comment

• I haven't bought mine yet. I'm going to check some out at a uniform store tomorrow.

Still waiting on the email from them about what time to show up and everything too.

Comment

I haven't bought mine yet. I'm going to check some out at a uniform store tomorrow.

Still waiting on the email from them about what time to show up and everything too.
                  Aren't we supossed to show up at 7am? I believe that's what time was mentioned at orientation, but Pleaae do correct me if I'm wrong on that. I also think they advised us to park in the main front lot and then we would gain access to the back lot that is monitored.

They also mentioned that we need to have our vehicles inspection ready. So make sure you have your tags, insurance an registration up to date. And be sure that the actual vehicle is legal. I'm guessing that means no illegal front window tint, no missing front plate, make sure all lights work including rear plate lights ect.

We all need to make sure that we enter the academy as prepared as we can possibly be. I am 100% sure all of us are going to get yelled at on the first day but that's normal.

How is everyone doing with studying the material they provided in the packet? It's a little overwhelming right now for me. I made flash cards for everything so hopefully that helps.. Good luck everyone!!

Comment

• I've been writing out the signals to try and memorize them. Is that what you're talking about? It seems to help me to write them out over and over again to get them stuck in my head.

Comment

I've been writing out the signals to try and memorize them. Is that what you're talking about? It seems to help me to write them out over and over again to get them stuck in my head.
                      I believe we are supossed to memorize the signals, all 88 counties and the county seats and posts, the academy staff list and their unit numbers, and the phonetic alphabet.

Comment

• Check out any army and navy surplus store. I bought mine from "Columbus Cousins Army Navy Surplus" for $60+tax.

Comment

• Man, I just bought some Bates at David's uniforms today for twice that...

Comment

• I received the acceptance letter in my email today. I knew the time and parking, just didn't know if we go into the doors there in the corner like we did for orientation or the ones in front. Reason I ask is because during my process I've met in both. Guess I'll see come that morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeS13 View Post
                              I received the acceptance letter in my email today. I knew the time and parking, just didn't know if we go into the doors there in the corner like we did for orientation or the ones in front. Reason I ask is because during my process I've met in both. Guess I'll see come that morning.
                              Received mine today too. I was going to call and check in today too if I didn't.

The first time I went there for the tests it was at the main entrance. I expected to go there last Friday. Then saw everyone at the recruitment entrance. Get there early.

Comment

• Originally posted by DRP416 View Post
                                I believe we are supossed to memorize the signals, all 88 counties and the county seats and posts, the academy staff list and their unit numbers, and the phonetic alphabet.
                                Does anyone know for sure what we need to have memorized from the folder? I don't recall hearing anything specific at orientation but I might have missed something.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8977 users online. 434 members and 8543 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X