300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DRP416 View Post
    I've tried calling a couple times and nobody has answered a single time.. I have no idea what's going on as I haven't recieved an acceptance or rejection notice.. I have a feeling that we are going to be pushed back to the spring '15 class
    I haven't recieved anything either. I would take anything at this point, a call telling me I've been pushed back until the tentative April class, a call saying to pack my bags I'm leaving tomorrow, or even a confirmation that my application is still in circulation for either this October or next Spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajreiter View Post
      I haven't recieved anything either. I would take anything at this point, a call telling me I've been pushed back until the tentative April class, a call saying to pack my bags I'm leaving tomorrow, or even a confirmation that my application is still in circulation for either this October or next Spring.
      Sounds like there's a few of us in the same situation here. I've been waiting to hear something too. I spoke with a trooper a while back about the process. He told me that everyone that is eligible gets their chance to go through. I hope that still works out that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMOF84 View Post
        Sounds like there's a few of us in the same situation here. I've been waiting to hear something too. I spoke with a trooper a while back about the process. He told me that everyone that is eligible gets their chance to go through. I hope that still works out that way.
        I was actually wondering about this. Lets say I make it through background and poly, does that mean my info along with yours goes in front of the board and they chose who they want? When I asked the question after the written, they told me that is how it goes is it all depends on the board but that makes no sense because that would mean you could be trapped in the process a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopefulAcct View Post
          I was actually wondering about this. Lets say I make it through background and poly, does that mean my info along with yours goes in front of the board and they chose who they want? When I asked the question after the written, they told me that is how it goes is it all depends on the board but that makes no sense because that would mean you could be trapped in the process a long time.
          I'm honestly not sure how the process works.. I've completed the process and I'm more confused now than I was before I started. It seems like after you pass the review board, you're cleared to enter an academy. Then when they are selecting who is admitted for the academy everyone that has been cleared is considered. So people that cleared two years ago are considered with those that just finished two days ago.. I sure hope I'm wrong. Otherwise, you're correct, you could be waitin for a long time.

You would think that those who cleared the process first would be first in the academy. But I know of a fellow coworker that just finished his background a month ago and is in this October class.. I finished nearly 6 months ago. Not sure what the reasoning is. I don't mean to sound bad here but... Maybe being a minority gives you a big boost seeing as he is a minority... Hope I'm wrong

Comment

• Not to get to long winded here but from my experience which started with taking the exam in Jan and going through the process is this. The polygraph took exactly the two weeks they told me it would and from there it went down hill. I waited 5 weeks compared to the 4 they said it would take to get a BI assigned to me. Luckily I called one morning around 9 and inquired about not hearing anything to recruitment. She told me that I had passed the polygraph and my package was sent to a BI and I should be called. Well it's funny because 3 hours later my BI contacted me. So either it was coincidence or maybe I slipped through the cracks. I tend to think I slipped somewhere in that process. This I would assume caused me to miss the potential April class. And then my BI was doing 3 other peoples backgrounds at the same time as mine. He also confused me during the home interview with the others so I then realized his workload was on overload. I called the recruitment office again to check up and they told me it was in front of the review board but they were backed up. But after this I waited and received the "congratulations you cleared the application process and you'll be notified 4-6 weeks from the start of the next academy date" letter. I figure my package was cleared a little late for the party since when I received the academy letter it stated I was placed on the alternate roster. Which like I expressed on here, I'm thankful I received a letter and I at least have a chance, pending some people found work elsewhere or have a change of mind. So if there's one take away from this to pass on it would be to call. I first thought it would look negatively if I continued to call but then said screw it and luckily I was able to start getting some answers. If the lady has decided to take vacation then she chose a good time seeing how her inbox is full, and its just another roadblock for me trying to figure out how many alternates there are, and where exactly do I fall within that placement. But hopefully I'll hear something come orientation. Good luck to you all though in trying to get the answers your needing.

If there's anyone else on here that is an alternate or has been and can share information I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeS13 View Post
              Not to get to long winded here but from my experience which started with taking the exam in Jan and going through the process is this. The polygraph took exactly the two weeks they told me it would and from there it went down hill. I waited 5 weeks compared to the 4 they said it would take to get a BI assigned to me. Luckily I called one morning around 9 and inquired about not hearing anything to recruitment. She told me that I had passed the polygraph and my package was sent to a BI and I should be called. Well it's funny because 3 hours later my BI contacted me. So either it was coincidence or maybe I slipped through the cracks. I tend to think I slipped somewhere in that process. This I would assume caused me to miss the potential April class. And then my BI was doing 3 other peoples backgrounds at the same time as mine. He also confused me during the home interview with the others so I then realized his workload was on overload. I called the recruitment office again to check up and they told me it was in front of the review board but they were backed up. But after this I waited and received the "congratulations you cleared the application process and you'll be notified 4-6 weeks from the start of the next academy date" letter. I figure my package was cleared a little late for the party since when I received the academy letter it stated I was placed on the alternate roster. Which like I expressed on here, I'm thankful I received a letter and I at least have a chance, pending some people found work elsewhere or have a change of mind. So if there's one take away from this to pass on it would be to call. I first thought it would look negatively if I continued to call but then said screw it and luckily I was able to start getting some answers. If the lady has decided to take vacation then she chose a good time seeing how her inbox is full, and its just another roadblock for me trying to figure out how many alternates there are, and where exactly do I fall within that placement. But hopefully I'll hear something come orientation. Good luck to you all though in trying to get the answers your needing.

If there's anyone else on here that is an alternate or has been and can share information I would greatly appreciate it.

I started the testing in mid December, and had the polygraph soon after the start of the year. Early to mid January I'd say. After the polygraph it was about two months before I heard from a background investigator. Once my investigation was complete towards the end of March, I got my 4-6 weeks letter in the mail in mid May. Since then I have not gotten anything. I was only able to speak with someone on the phone once since then. I was told the same thing everyone else has so far. I have also emailed the recruiter for my area for some info. I was asking then if my letter meant I was in the next class or not. I was basically told that was not a guarantee and would be notified by mail for the next steps.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMOF84 View Post
                I started the testing in mid December, and had the polygraph soon after the start of the year. Early to mid January I'd say. After the polygraph it was about two months before I heard from a background investigator. Once my investigation was complete towards the end of March, I got my 4-6 weeks letter in the mail in mid May. Since then I have not gotten anything. I was only able to speak with someone on the phone once since then. I was told the same thing everyone else has so far. I have also emailed the recruiter for my area for some info. I was asking then if my letter meant I was in the next class or not. I was basically told that was not a guarantee and would be notified by mail for the next steps.
                My process has been very similar to yours. I tested very early and all the phases were moving by very quickly.. I finished my poly in early December but then didn't hear from my BI till mid February!!! Almost 3 months. Because of this, I didn't finish the process in time for the April class and now I'm missing out on this class (that's what I'm assuming) so I'm gonna watch two classes go by. The interesting thing is that my friend didn't even test till late December and somehow she leap frogged in front of me and started her BI first. When I asked about how she finished first even though I started months before, I was told that BI's are assigned by county. So depending on what county you're in, the number of applicants could be higher or lower and so the BI would have a bigger work load.. I was in franklin county at the time so I'm assuming that county had a larger pool of applicants.. I don't know. I just wanna hear something soon.

I was a senior at OSU and didn't sign up for classes this past semester because I knew the academy was starting in October and I didn't wanna pay 5k for classes and then drop them when I left for the academy and now if I'm not in this class, I could have finished my degree! I also changed my living situation for this job.. It would be very helpful to know what my situation is so I can decide on what to do with housing and school.

Comment

• MikeS13 I also received a letter like you stating that I am on the reserve roster for 157. So at least there are two of us.

I count myself very fortunate that I received a letter as it seems a lot of people are still stuck in no mans land about when they will get their shot at the academy.

DRP, AJ, DTMO I will say one thing (mind you some of this is speculation) and this might make you all feel better or worse depending on how you view it but in regards to the letter a lot of us received stating we had successfully completed the background process and that our applications are on hold pending a future academy class. Notice the letter does not say "the" next academy class rather it says "a" future academy class. I take that to mean we are in a pool of people who have been cleared by the Patrol to be eligible for training. They (the Patrol) can't say when we will get our chance to go through because of things like budgets, expected class size, and I'm sure a litany of other reason that we can only speculate about. I know it is difficult not having definite answers but that's the hand we have been dealt for now.

All I can say is just stay in shape and keep your eyes on the prize.

D

Comment

• Originally posted by dsoutham35 View Post
                    MikeS13 I also received a letter like you stating that I am on the reserve roster for 157. So at least there are two of us.

I count myself very fortunate that I received a letter as it seems a lot of people are still stuck in no mans land about when they will get their shot at the academy.

DRP, AJ, DTMO I will say one thing (mind you some of this is speculation) and this might make you all feel better or worse depending on how you view it but in regards to the letter a lot of us received stating we had successfully completed the background process and that our applications are on hold pending a future academy class. Notice the letter does not say "the" next academy class rather it says "a" future academy class. I take that to mean we are in a pool of people who have been cleared by the Patrol to be eligible for training. They (the Patrol) can't say when we will get our chance to go through because of things like budgets, expected class size, and I'm sure a litany of other reason that we can only speculate about. I know it is difficult not having definite answers but that's the hand we have been dealt for now.

All I can say is just stay in shape and keep your eyes on the prize.

D
                    I look at it as we'll be in a future class at some point too. Just have to be ready to go whenever they say you're up. I've had my current employer ask me if I've heard anything quite a bit lately. I was upfront with them once I received the letter this past spring, so they knew what to expect with me hopefully leaving to go to the academy. I've always been hopeful for this fall class. But never once told them I was in it yet. When they opened up the application process again this summer, I saw a news clip online that the patrol posted about it. In that video, the trooper they interviewed made a statement to the effect that everyone that passes the process will get their opportunity to train in the academy. I also remember my background investigator telling me that it took him almost 2 years from the start of his application until the day he got it. We have to look at this all in the positive. If we wait until the spring, then we have 6 more months to keep running, and preparing for whats in the future for us.

Comment

• Can anyone remember how you were contacted for the Polygraph, by mail, phone call, ect. ?? And approximately how long it took to hear something after the initial exam/pt? Any info. would be great. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by KSlone View Post
                        Can anyone remember how you were contacted for the Polygraph, by mail, phone call, ect. ?? And approximately how long it took to hear something after the initial exam/pt? Any info. would be great. Thanks
                        I was contacted by phone (Not mail like originally said, they only gave me one day as a option of take it or leave it) at exactly the two week mark, they said it would take after the exams. I remember them also mentioning if you don't hear anything by two weeks then definitely call.
                        Last edited by MikeS13; 09-30-2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KSlone View Post
                          Can anyone remember how you were contacted for the Polygraph, by mail, phone call, ect. ?? And approximately how long it took to hear something after the initial exam/pt? Any info. would be great. Thanks
                          I received a phone call, oddly enough on a Sunday. The first time they called, I didn't answer and they never left a voicemail, so be sure to pick up "unknown" or "restricted" calls just in case. If it's been more than a month since initial testing I would maybe call.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeS13 View Post
                            I was contacted by mail at exactly the two week mark, they said it would take after the exams. I remember them also mentioning if you don't hear anything by two weeks then definitely call.
                            Cool Thanks, this week will be the 3rd week without hearing anything. I'll definitely call the end of this week if I do not hear from them.

Comment

• After some unexpected turn of events I've somehow been placed on this fall academies reserve list after not being on the roster at all. Jut got the call yesterday and was told to report to orientation on Tuesday. Anyone happen to know what the chances of getting in from the reserve list are? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

• Originally posted by DRP416 View Post
                                After some unexpected turn of events I've somehow been placed on this fall academies reserve list after not being on the roster at all. Jut got the call yesterday and was told to report to orientation on Tuesday. Anyone happen to know what the chances of getting in from the reserve list are? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
                                I was at the orientation yesterday, and like I mentioned previously I was also one of those that received a alternate letter. There was roughly 57-60 people there, once we started the LT asked who all received a alternate letter and then she said, well thats going to change. Sure enough it did. I ended being picked up along with I believe there was between 10-12 alternates and by the end of the class all but 3 had been picked up for the 157th class. At the end before they cut us loose, she said she had already called 5 people to be put on the alternate, which obviously one of them is you DRP416, but the ones in the class would get priority before those 5 that were called.

I would assume that your chances are extremely high to get called. They said its not abnormal to lose 10 people on the first day, and I believe it. It was asked how do they rank us as far as placement and to who gets called first, and they said it all comes down to when you were entered in the system. So for some of us that have missed a class or haven't received news, it all goes back to being contacted in the process and how soon your BI got your paperwork together and sent in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8837 users online. 430 members and 8407 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X