300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DRP416 View Post
    I cleared my BI pretty much the exact same time as you. I still haven't recieved a packet either. I am hoping that it's because I don't live near Columbus and so it's taking an extra day toget here. I will be very disappointed if I don't recieve the packet...
    I live about 2 hours southeast of Columbus so I'm hoping the delay is from that as well. I guess we'll find out very soon. Best of luck to you!

Comment

• Originally posted by ajreiter View Post
      I live about 2 hours southeast of Columbus so I'm hoping the delay is from that as well. I guess we'll find out very soon. Best of luck to you!
      Thanks, but unfortunately no luck here. Did you get anything? I called recruitment today and they informed me that there were still letters to be sent. When I asked if there were still acceptance letters being sent out she just said she didn't know which letter I would get. I didn't really get a straight forward answer. I have a feeling the letters that they have left to send out are the "sorry but not at this time" letters. I certainly hope I'm wrong!! Maybe you can get more information out of em than what I got, I'm clueless as to whats going on right now..

Comment

Thanks, but unfortunately no luck here. Did you get anything? I called recruitment today and they informed me that there were still letters to be sent. When I asked if there were still acceptance letters being sent out she just said she didn't know which letter I would get. I didn't really get a straight forward answer. I have a feeling the letters that they have left to send out are the "sorry but not at this time" letters. I certainly hope I'm wrong!! Maybe you can get more information out of em than what I got, I'm clueless as to whats going on right now..
        I haven't heard anything yet either. I haven't called them in a while. The one and only time I did call, I didn't get the straight answers I was looking for either. The more days that go by, the more nervous I get. Does anyone know what happens if you end up being an alternate for this next class, and then not needed? What happens if you don't even get to be an alternate? Do you stay eligible and move on to the next class?

Comment

• I called yesterday and left a message. Tried calling twice at different times today and the person didn't answer. It's weird to think that there's only one person that handles the "status of application" option and they would not be available the few days after sending packets out for calls of question. The alternate letter states the same ole "If your not contacted within 5 days of the start of class, you will be considered for the next class." The kicker is they've already opened up examinations and hiring for next spring. They take on so many and clear them through the process, only to give them the answer of "you'll be considered" over and over. Considered? Why can't they make certain your in the next since I would assume there's some sort of priority there, rather than play the game over and over. I mean, I completed your application process so I would think I'm a viable candidate to be in the next class. Maybe someone knows but I obviously do not. Anyways, I am appreciative I received a letter even as a alternate, though it's generic with no specifics.

Comment

Unfortunately I didn't recieve anything, yesterday or today. I did try and call them yesterday afternoon, and I left a voicemail asking for information on whether or not I'm on the roster for the October Academy, but still haven't recieved a call back. It's unfortunate to receive such a letter as we did 6 months ago stating we would be notified 4-6 weeks in advance of the next academy date, and when that time came, we're only left with questions being half answered. However we are still within that 4-6 week time frame and without this thread, unless someone has personal contact with an individual who recieved a letter, we would have no knowledge of the letters being sent out. So let's just hope that good information is still on its way.

Comment

• Thanks for the information I really appreciate it. Good luck to you as well!

Comment

• Can anyone give me info on the poly exam? I submitted my paperwork for the poly and I'm nervous as to what's gonna be asked.

Comment

• Originally posted by usafdex View Post
                  Can anyone give me info on the poly exam? I submitted my paperwork for the poly and I'm nervous as to what's gonna be asked.
                  Can't really narrow down specific questions, but I can tell you what the day will be like for you. Before they hook you up to the polygraph they start off going through your application with you. They will ask you about previous employment and schooling, and after that if you have and tickets or prior criminal records they will talk about that with you. During the background conversation is the time you want to be completely honest, the idea of the polygraph is to find out about your ability to be truthful not necessarily about all the things you've done wrong since birth. Most people have made mistakes in life especially during the years before maturity, so just be truthful with them. After the background talk they will begin to hook you up to the machine and basically go over what you just told them. My experience with it, was made as relaxing as it could be, with a good experienced trooper behind the machine. Take a couple deep breaths and stay as relaxed as you can, tell the truth and you will be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajreiter View Post
                    Can't really narrow down specific questions, but I can tell you what the day will be like for you. Before they hook you up to the polygraph they start off going through your application with you. They will ask you about previous employment and schooling, and after that if you have and tickets or prior criminal records they will talk about that with you. During the background conversation is the time you want to be completely honest, the idea of the polygraph is to find out about your ability to be truthful not necessarily about all the things you've done wrong since birth. Most people have made mistakes in life especially during the years before maturity, so just be truthful with them. After the background talk they will begin to hook you up to the machine and basically go over what you just told them. My experience with it, was made as relaxing as it could be, with a good experienced trooper behind the machine. Take a couple deep breaths and stay as relaxed as you can, tell the truth and you will be fine.
                    Awesome! Thank you so much that's very very helpful!

Comment

• I took the written & PT on 09/11/14, could you give me any info as to how long it took them to contact you about the poly, and do they send you a packet to fill out for it?? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by KSlone View Post
                        I took the written & PT on 09/11/14, could you give me any info as to how long it took them to contact you about the poly, and do they send you a packet to fill out for it?? Thanks
                        I took the initial exams on 8/29/14 and it took them about three weeks to contact me for my polygraph, after sending in the paperwork they required we send back to them. My polygraph is scheduled for the end of October, it seemed like they were busy with scheduling a lot of them (not sure how many).

I'm sure you guys in the October class are getting excited! Academy is approaching very quickly for you guys. Best of luck!

Comment

• From what the recruiter said, roughly 2500 will apply and 1/2 will show for the test. From there, they will be scheduled for polygraph where it seems most are cut. I took my test on 9/16 and I was told November/December timeframe for the polygraph and I sent my paperwork back already. I am glad for the time to get together all the medical records as it has been a little bit of a task getting it all.

In my group 2 failed the written and 3 failed the agility.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopefulAcct View Post
                            From what the recruiter said, roughly 2500 will apply and 1/2 will show for the test. From there, they will be scheduled for polygraph where it seems most are cut. I took my test on 9/16 and I was told November/December timeframe for the polygraph and I sent my paperwork back already. I am glad for the time to get together all the medical records as it has been a little bit of a task getting it all.

In my group 2 failed the written and 3 failed the agility.
                            Yeah I was told pretty much the same thing after the initial exam/PT. November for the polygraph, but I have heard that we get a pre-polygraph packet to fill out before we go, Im not 100% on that information considering it seems like the hiring process for OSP is a little different for every class. I'm hoping if all goes well for us we will get in sometime in April.

Comment

• Has anyone tried calling recruitment since they sent out the packets for the 157th class upcoming? Just wondering, because I tried again yesterday and now the ladies inbox is full so you can't even leave a message.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeS13 View Post
                                Has anyone tried calling recruitment since they sent out the packets for the 157th class upcoming? Just wondering, because I tried again yesterday and now the ladies inbox is full so you can't even leave a message.
                                I've tried calling a couple times and nobody has answered a single time.. I have no idea what's going on as I haven't recieved an acceptance or rejection notice.. I have a feeling that we are going to be pushed back to the spring '15 class

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10323 users online. 491 members and 9832 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X