Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming OSHP Academy Class

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No, I still haven't received the packet..

    Comment


    • Hello everyone, I made an account to let you guys know what I've heard. I called recruitment a few weeks back and the woman I spoke to said they have set the academy start date for October 22nd and a mandatory orientation on Friday October 3rd. However, when I had called they had not determined the roster yet. There is/was supposed to be a meeting in the middle of this month to determine it. Once the roster had been set she said everyone will be notified by mail. I've been checking the mail like it's my job and nothing yet! Good luck to all of you!

      Comment


      • Question to anyone who has done the academy, if accepted into the academy, do you get your own room or is it like military where it's a big room with everyone in it? And is everything paid for? Set my physical and written test for sept 18th at Owens... Just wondering

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dh48 View Post
          Hello everyone, I made an account to let you guys know what I've heard. I called recruitment a few weeks back and the woman I spoke to said they have set the academy start date for October 22nd and a mandatory orientation on Friday October 3rd. However, when I had called they had not determined the roster yet. There is/was supposed to be a meeting in the middle of this month to determine it. Once the roster had been set she said everyone will be notified by mail. I've been checking the mail like it's my job and nothing yet! Good luck to all of you!
          I spoke with recruitment a few weeks back as well and I was told the exact same story except they didn't have an academy start date yet. Nice to know that the ball is finally rolling. Hope we all make it on this Octobers academy roster!

          Comment


          • Anyone heard anything more?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dh48 View Post
              Anyone heard anything more?
              I haven't heard anything. Just siting around, playing the waiting game with it. We did recieve the letters stating we would be notified 4-6 weeks before the start date. If the start date really is 10/22 then we aren't within that 4-6 week range yet. Just gotta stay patient. Maybe give recruitment a call if you have any other questions. I've called a handful of times this summer and the lady has been very helpful.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dh48 View Post
                Anyone heard anything more?
                Nothing yet here either.

                Comment


                • Hey gents, I was down at the academy today for initial testing for next years tentative academies. Recruitment commander stated that she just received word to send out the acceptance letters for this upcoming October class, so you guys should be receiving something in the mail within he next week or so. Just thought I'd let you guys know. Good luck to everyone!

                  Comment


                  • Hello everyone I'm new to Officer.com and registered to hopefully get some info. about the newer 50? Written exam that OSP is giving now. A little introduction about myself, I graduated from Delaware JVS basic police academy in 2003, I was 21 yrs. old at the time, 2004 I was commissioned & worked PT for a village Pd until 2011, during that time I worked FT as an Corrections Officer in 2006 and in 2008 I accepted a job in the private Security sector working on a Federal contract for (DHS) and I am currently still employed with the company, but there is no future here so I decided to apply for the Big Dogs (OSP) and very enthusiastic about a possible career move into something I've always wanted to do. Anyways, I'm scheduled to take the written exam on 09/11/14 a week from now. There is no study guide and was hoping that someone on here has taken it and could give me a little insight of what to expect other than the information on OSP website. Any info. would be greatly appreciated thank you and ~God Bless~

                    Comment


                    • I have a quick update. I spoke with recruitment yesterday and they informed me that the letters for the October academy were sent out yesterday morning to those that are accepted or on the reserves list. So hopefully we get something in the mail today or tomorrow.

                      As for the written test, there is no study guide because the test is very straight forward. It really is fool proof, you shouldn't have any problems with it as long as you have basic policing knowledge and senses. You should be fine since you've been through an academy and have some working experience. The written is by far the easiest part of the LONG process so don get too caught up on it! Good luck next week!

                      Comment


                      • Received the packet today... Start date Oct 22nd orientation Oct 3rd. Waiting game finally over good luck everyone!

                        Comment


                        • Received my packet saying I'm on the reserve roster..wish they told you info in regards to how many people are in the class, how many alternates there are, and where exactly you fall in the reserve roster line (1st?, 3rd?..12th?). I would think there would be no use in keeping it all a secret since I've completed the hiring process. Or is this something they inform you of at orientation?

                          Comment


                          • Received my packet also. Good job, and good luck to everyone else!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Berry316 View Post
                              Received the packet today... Start date Oct 22nd orientation Oct 3rd. Waiting game finally over good luck everyone!
                              If you don't mind me asking, approximately what date did your BI send in your paperwork? Mine finished around March 20th, and I'm getting nervous because I haven't received a packet yet for the October Academy. I will check the mail today but I fear I'll be pushed back until the April class.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ajreiter View Post
                                If you don't mind me asking, approximately what date did your BI send in your paperwork? Mine finished around March 20th, and I'm getting nervous because I haven't received a packet yet for the October Academy. I will check the mail today but I fear I'll be pushed back until the April class.
                                I cleared my BI pretty much the exact same time as you. I still haven't recieved a packet either. I am hoping that it's because I don't live near Columbus and so it's taking an extra day toget here. I will be very disappointed if I don't recieve the packet...

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5301 users online. 222 members and 5079 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X