Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ajreiter- I called the recruitment office and they said that this means I have successfully completed the process and that the board passed my background to clear me for the next academy. However, if they end up getting more people cleared for the academy than they have spots available (they don't know how many spots will be open) then there isn't a guarantee I'm in. But they did say it's very likely. They also said they are expecting an October academy start. I'm sure we will both be in the next class!

Jsmith- is that small local PD by any chance Upper Arlington? Congrats and I wish you best of luck!

Comment

• Awesome, thank you for your reply. I look forward to meeting you at some point hopefully October! If you don't mind me asking where abouts are you from?

Comment

• Originally posted by DRP416 View Post

Jsmith- is that small local PD by any chance Upper Arlington? Congrats and I wish you best of luck!
        Thank you, and no, it is Grove City. CPD has around 15 from surrounding agencies going through with their 35 recruits. Good luck to you and everyone else that is up for the fall academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajreiter View Post
          Awesome, thank you for your reply. I look forward to meeting you at some point hopefully October! If you don't mind me asking where abouts are you from?
          Im living in Columbus right now as I am finishing shool at Ohio State. I'm moving to Findlay Ohio this summer though as I am originally from there.

Comment

Im living in Columbus right now as I am finishing shool at Ohio State. I'm moving to Findlay Ohio this summer though as I am originally from there.
            Darn, you're about three hours away from me. Live in little town USA Marietta OH. I was hoping to find a good running partner for the summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajreiter View Post
              Darn, you're about three hours away from me. Live in little town USA Marietta OH. I was hoping to find a good running partner for the summer.
              Yea I have a friend in the academy right. They keeps telling me to train 2x as hard as you think you need to. Just gonna have to turn into a gym rat this summer and a marathon runner.

Comment

Ajreiter- I called the recruitment office and they said that this means I have successfully completed the process and that the board passed my background to clear me for the next academy. However, if they end up getting more people cleared for the academy than they have spots available (they don't know how many spots will be open) then there isn't a guarantee I'm in. But they did say it's very likely. They also said they are expecting an October academy start.
                I received the same letter a week ago, and called to ask them questions regarding this. I was told pretty much the same exact thing. Since it says we will be notified 4-6 weeks prior to the start of class definitely makes you think we are guaranteed to be in the next class. I would think that if they have more eligible for the academy than they have for current openings, they would send in the first 40 or so that were approved. I hope we all hear something back soon.

Comment

• Received a phone call stating that I will have a packet coming in by the end of July for the upcoming academy class this fall...

Comment

• Originally posted by Berry316 View Post
                    Received a phone call stating that I will have a packet coming in by the end of July for the upcoming academy class this fall...
                    Did they by any chance mention a start for the fall academy? I haven't gotten any phone calls since April.

Comment

• No, I was told all the information I will need would be in the packet sent including the start date.

Comment

• Interesting. It kind of worries me that I haven't gotten a phone call. I haven't heard anything since I received a letter stating I would be notified 4-6 weeks prior to the start date.

Comment

• They opened up the application process this week for what I assume is for academies next year. I also saw a story posted by OSHP on their facebook page a few weeks back about this. In the interview for this, they said that anyone that gets approved will get their chance to go through training. It also said that they plan to hire 120-150 troopers next year. I surely hope anyone that got the 4-6 weeks letter now, will get the chance to go through.

Comment

• I wouldn’t count on being notified 4-6 weeks before the academy starts, it will be more like a few days or a week before it starts. The academy blows just don’t quit, you only have to suffer for 6 months for a 25 year carrier.

Comment

• Hi Berry, I wanted to see if you received the packet yet, that you had previously mentioned. I too haven't received a phone call yet DRP, and I'm also starting to get slightly concerned.

Comment

• Does anybody have an update? I haven't heard any news in a while...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9452 users online. 474 members and 8978 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X