Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OhTpr419
    replied
    Hey guys, the ride along went very well. It was good to experience what actually happens in a day opposed to hearing about it. Although I didn’t get to see every aspect of the job obviously, it did give me a positive outlook or being able to do the job. I highly recommend a ride along if you’ve never been on one.

Unfortunately, I didn’t get much info about the next Class. They did say they may be intentionally making the classes smaller, so that cadets can get more direct supervision, I’m guessing because they had to “coach” some people who weren’t really ready or something like that idk. They also estimate a summer class maybe June or July so it won’t be long now hopefully !

Leave a comment:

• Peterjohn5439
    replied
    I'm new here. Has anyone heard anything?

Leave a comment:

• Adam2015
    commented on 's reply
    Roger that, thank you.

• SuperTrooper!
    commented on 's reply
    The higher ups do not want them, therefore we will not get them. Once the current higher ups leave, you may have a chance to fight that battle. Any time, I am here to help.

• Adam2015
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, the new contract agreement. Do you know why? I don't see why troopers don't voice an opinion. Well, thank you though I hope someday they throw that out, keep like the obvious places a no go, like face, hands, neck but arms.. if it's not offensive their shouldnt be an issue. But, yeah I'll stop I don't want to thread jack and rant lol, thank you for your reply.

• SuperTrooper!
    commented on 's reply
    Supposedly, bigger.

• SuperTrooper!
    commented on 's reply
    The contract negotiations? I hate to bring bad news, but they are definitely not changing that policy.

• rwilson1099
    commented on 's reply
    Any more information on this?

• Adam2015
    replied
    SuperTrooper!, is the osp bargaining agreement up for renewal in July? And if so are you able to find out if they're going to revise the tattoo policy? I hope and pray that they do..

Leave a comment:

• Harwell44
    commented on 's reply
    Hey super trooper is it gonna be another small class or a little bit bigger?

• OhTpr419
    replied
    I appreciate the responses Future and Adam! It’s this Saturday so I’ll be sure to update you guys on how it went !

Leave a comment:

• Cleveland44
    commented on 's reply
    Now this is the teaser I've been waiting for!

• SuperTrooper!
    replied
    There will be another class coming up soon. Stay focused.

Leave a comment:

• rwilson1099
    replied
    You'll have to let us know how the ride along goes.

Leave a comment:

• Future_OSHP
    commented on 's reply
    I did a ride along last year with highway patrol and am planning to request doing another one soon. It was a good experience. It let me see what an actual shift is like. Things may be different now but they didn't really let me do anything other than observe and listen to stops through the mounted laptop in the car which was fine by me. I did take notes as there was a form I needed to send back to recruitment after the ride along. Just listen to the trooper you're with, don't touch anything you're not supposed to and don't talk while they're on the radio. Other than that it was pretty lax and I enjoyed it a lot. The trooper I was with also gave me a lot of insight into what the job is like and answered every question I asked.
    Last edited by Future_OSHP; 04-04-2018, 10:29 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5344 users online. 288 members and 5056 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X