Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming OSHP Academy Class

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Berry316- Do they go over credit history (i.e. credit cards, etc) and all of the paperwork you turned in?

    Comment


    • Ya alternates go to orientation

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DRP416 View Post
        My BI just finished my investigation on Monday.. Took him almost an entire month so I didn't even have a chance to get into the April academy. I don't know why it took so long considering that my background is clean. He says that he expects me to be in the fall class so I just have to be patient and wait. I'm sure the rest of us will be there soon! Good luck guys!
        Don't feel bad. My BI told me he was going to turn in my packet a week or two before notifications went out and then called me a week and a half later asking for additional references since some of mine were deployed. Oh well, everything happens for a reason. I just got my conditional offer today from a local agency in the Columbus area. In the end, I think I will be be happier there. Good luck to everyone heading to the academy!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TRS0886 View Post
          I was picked for one of the 10 alternates for the class in April.
          Is there only ten on the reserve roster?

          Comment


          • that's what they told me. however at orientation there was 63 of us and the class has 49 in it. so it looked like there is 14 alts

            Comment


            • They expanded the class to 53 so I got switched from and alternate to being on the roster

              Comment


              • Originally posted by OSU_27 View Post
                They expanded the class to 53 so I got switched from and alternate to being on the roster
                Congrats! Was that recently?

                Comment


                • anyone know what the drop out percentage is for the first week?

                  Comment


                  • also do they choose by ranking? because I got picked as an alternate back around the 16th of march and being that they went from 45 to 49 then to 53 I figured I would have been called by now.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Josh.greer View Post
                      also do they choose by ranking? because I got picked as an alternate back around the 16th of march and being that they went from 45 to 49 then to 53 I figured I would have been called by now.
                      I thought we would have been called too.

                      Comment


                      • I Received a letter basically saying I was accepted and that I have successfully completed the application process.. And Once an academy class start date is established, I will be notified 4-6weeks prior to the start of the next class.

                        Comment


                        • Is the class still running 53? Any other reserves been called? You berry316? I still have not been called, we will see how the first five days go, good luck to everyone going in tomorrow and stick it out

                          Comment


                          • Berry- I recieved the same letter, saying congrats on successfully completing the application process and that I'm currently pending on the next open academy. It also said I would be notified 4-6 weeks prior to the start date of the academy. Does this letter mean that we are for sure accepted into the next academy or that we are on hold and we will be considered for the next academy? I may call the recruiting office and ask.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DRP416 View Post
                              Berry- I recieved the same letter, saying congrats on successfully completing the application process and that I'm currently pending on the next open academy. It also said I would be notified 4-6 weeks prior to the start date of the academy. Does this letter mean that we are for sure accepted into the next academy or that we are on hold and we will be considered for the next academy? I may call the recruiting office and ask.
                              Same here. However, I start the Columbus PD academy in June for a local central Ohio agency so I am out regardless.

                              Comment


                              • Hi DRP, I received that same letter yesterday. If you did call i'm curious as to what you found out about being in the next academy.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6248 users online. 327 members and 5921 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X