300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming OSHP Academy Class

Anybody know anything about the upcoming class? Training for the fitness exam!!

I've done some in-service classes there. They run a pretty tight ship. You better start doing your PT.

Comment

Is there a study guide for the entrance level written exam?

Comment

Is anybody else signed up for their written exam?

Comment

January 27th at 1400 hours for me. Met Colonel Paul Pride at the AG Conference in Columbus, and he said they're aiming for an April class. The current class graduates on February 14th.

Comment

Yea I was thinking April or May. If I take classes this semester at Ohio State I wouldn't finish in time. I guess I'll have to take this semester off. I've also heard their academy is going to have around 50-60 cadets. Should be interesting considering at least a thousand are applying.

Comment

I graduated from class 154 on April 5th, the most recent class to graduate.
              There is no study guide for the written exam. They just recently approved class 156, I have not heard of a start date.

Comment

I'll be there November 18th to take the test. From what I understand, the written and PFT are held the same day, can anyone confirm this? If so, PFT or written first, and what is the recommended attire? I took the test 11 years ago before I joined the military and never heard back after the written (PFT was supposed to be held at a later time). Figured I would give it another shot since I am on my way out after 10 years active duty.

Comment

Yes both tests will be administered on the same day, that's what I've been told. After sending in your application online, if it was approved you should have received an email that explained what to expect and what to wear. It said to wear slacks, dress shirt and tie (I will probably wear a jacket as well) and to bring a change of clothes for the physical aspect. It also mentioned that you need to bring all forms filled out correctly (hearing, vision, and physicians release forms).

Comment

I sent my app in already and received an email saying I was selected to move on. I have picked my test date and received and completed the forms to bring, but nothing about dress code or confirmation on the tests being the same day. I only inferred that based on the way that the email was put together. Thanks for the info though.

Comment

I wonder if they are going to wait until everyone has tested before moving people onto the next phase of the process. The test dates go all the way to January 31st.

Comment

I wondered the same thing. If they are going to have the academy in the spring, they are going to have to knock out the backgrounds with a sense of purpose. I'm not sure why they have the testing process over a period of almost three months, all I know is that mine is in a week and a half.

Comment

Yea I'm not really sure what their logic behind it is but to me it seems a like the test dates run a little long. I think it's better you're testing early. I heard that they are trying to speed up their process because they lose a lot of good candidates to other departments before they get them through the process. I just tested with Franklin county but my heart is really with the troopers. however, it would be hard to turn down a job and wait for the troopers and then get turned down.
                          I have a buddy testing on the 19th as well. I hope you both do well! The physical test seems easy but I don't know what to expect for the written. I get myself all worked up thinking about it! Yikes

Comment

I'm thinking about applying and making the trip to test. I'm in the process with several agencies in PA including the State Police, but I am looking to test out of state now. I like how Ohio's fitness standards are a little tougher than PA State Police. I'm sure it helps eliminate a lot of applicants compared to here. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Wondering if there is a typo. Confirmation email and website says that PT assessment consists of four areas, but only lists endurance test, push-ups, and sit-ups. Anyone know? Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10338 users online. 335 members and 10003 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X