300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMV Investigators?

Anybody have any interaction or know anything about these folks? I understand they're non-sworn, unarmed and have very limited ability to file formal charges after completing an investigation. Their mission is somewhat interesting, and combined with the relatively independent duty days makes them seem like a decent position.
    Was contacted recently about interviewing for a position and want to make sure it would be a decent move.

Thanks,
    RKC

I knew a guy years ago who worked for them. He really liked his job. He did a lot of registration/title violation investigations. I knew they were unarmed, but I thought they were sworn, but I could be mistaken (It's been too many years since I talked to him). You need to be up on your people skills because you will be unarmed, by yourself and not making people happy.

Comment

Just Joe,
      Thanks for the quick response. The description is very detailed on the duties, but never really mentions what type of authority they possess (if any). Looking back through it, it does mention filing criminal charges based on the results of investigations; it also mentioned at the end dealing with "potentially hostile or angry individuals." Guess that's where interpersonal skills come in handy.

RKC

Comment

In would imagine these folks could also find themselves as part of multi-jurisdictional organized crime task forces that involves auto theft, VIN flipping, fictitious registrations, odometer rollbacks, etc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10202 users online. 474 members and 9728 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X