300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is your department handling SB5?

Hi everyone, I am new to the site. My department is in negotiations with our city to work on a contract prior to the SB5 law taking effect. Ideally, we can negotiate as we always have and be locked into a contact for three years before it ends and we are subject to SB5. What is your agencies doing? How much income per month do your officers stand to lose from the effects of SB5. What are officers doing to make up that income?

Thanks,
    Kevin

In my department, we already pay our 10% toward our pension, 6% of our health insurance if you pass a health wellness exam, and bid on 8 hr shifts by seniority.

We going to have to pay an additional 9% towards our insurance and were going to lose the management rights we have gained such as shift bidding and scheduling.

It won't be the end of the world for us but it definitely won't be good.

Comment

We probably stand to lose $100 plus a month in increased costs and longevity losses.

The scary part is going to be the loss of bargaining rights/arbitration. And having to rely on "merit raises" which if they are anything like is typically offered as step raises at contract negotiations they will be much smaller.

The quality of recruits will go down down down.

Hoping voters will agree that Kasich overstepped with this one. Can do money saving without crippling the unions.

OK, climbing off the soapbox.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5749 users online. 190 members and 5559 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X