300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer involved shooting in Bowling Green

BOWLING GREEN, OH -- A Bowling Green police officer was involved in a shooting just after noon today.

Lt. Ken Fortney says that police responded to a 'check the welfare' call at 1608 Clough St. Family members had called police to check on a man.

When police arrived at scene, they gained access to an apartment that was barricaded shut with a couch. Robert B. Blackwell, 46, pointed a gun at them. Officers told Blackwell to put the gun down.

Shots were fired, resulting in Blackwell being shot in the chest by the officer.

The subject was then transported to the Wood County Hospital where he later died. The criminal investigation will be handled by Bureau of Criminal Investigation.

Right down the street from our campus. I wonder when the last officer involved shooting happened in BG (with fatalities), but I imagine a while ago? Prayers to the officers involved and the other man's family.

Last shooting was around 2006, when a BG Officer shot a suspect at Wood County Hospital.

Comment

Its amazing that we can go on a welfare check and it turns into that. My prayers are with the officer involved.. God Speed to you on your recovery.

ASK EM< TELL EM> MAKE EM
      Lead ME, Follow ME, or get out of my way

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10700 users online. 507 members and 10193 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X