Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Bank and Trust posts no CCW

http://www.thebank-sbt.com/contact-us.htm

I went into a branch in Williams County today and noticed the posting, it was not there last week. Called them and got some guy named "Les" who insisted it was federal law, and then said it was state law that people could not carry guns in banks. I told him that was incorrect, and that whoever told him that was in error, or lying, he connected me to a women who's name I did not get. She told me it had been their corp policy for around 3 years, but they had neglected to post the 14 locations near me.

They no doubt also do not realize that the posting disarms off duty Police Officers carrying under LEOSA.

We are in an area near the IN and MI borders to that may be a factor for Officers from those states.

They are the only bank in Williams County that is posted.

My wife and I will be pulling our accounts within the next 2 weeks.

Bill
    Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Originally posted by willbird View Post
    http://www.thebank-sbt.com/contact-us.htm

I went into a branch in Williams County today and noticed the posting, it was not there last week. Called them and got some guy named "Les" who insisted it was federal law, and then said it was state law that people could not carry guns in banks. I told him that was incorrect, and that whoever told him that was in error, or lying, he connected me to a women who's name I did not get. She told me it had been their corp policy for around 3 years, but they had neglected to post the 14 locations near me.

They no doubt also do not realize that the posting disarms off duty Police Officers carrying under LEOSA.

We are in an area near the IN and MI borders to that may be a factor for Officers from those states.

They are the only bank in Williams County that is posted.

My wife and I will be pulling our accounts within the next 2 weeks.

Bill
    One of the few nice things about California is that businesses rarely post signs like that.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Very few postings in the state of IN as well, and generally few in my area of Ohio, the total on a list I looked up was under a dozen for the whole county.

Maybe in Cali it is because CC licenses are not so common ?

Comment

Originally posted by willbird View Post
        Maybe in Cali it is because CC licenses are not so common ?
        Basically, the only people legally carrying guns are cops. The ones who are not legally carrying don't care what signs are posted.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
          Basically, the only people legally carrying guns are cops. The ones who are not legally carrying don't care what signs are posted.
          There are a FEW civvie CCW holders in Cali aren't there ?

Bill

Comment

Great. Now the bank robbers know where to go. Anyways question, what would happen if someone were to get caught carrying in that bank? Would they be asked to leave? Arrested?

Comment

It would depend on WHO caught them doing so, but in Ohio the charge is based on trespass, and yes generally you would have refuse to leave if asked to. I say "WHO" caught them doing so because if a Police Officer noticed their armed state (printing, etc.) or they were required to notify said officer of their armed state due to being involved in Police business then the Officer could charge them.

And we call them "CPZ" for criminal protection zones...and yes the ONLY bank in the county that posts IS painting a bullseye on their forehead.

Bill

Comment

So basically if a bank employee caught it all they could do was ask them to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokie13 View Post
                  Great. Now the bank robbers know where to go. Anyways question, what would happen if someone were to get caught carrying in that bank? Would they be asked to leave? Arrested?
                  Very few in the urban areas, and I think most of those are judges or prosecutors, or peace officers who do not have statutory authority to carry off duty. In Los Angeles County, I think that the total is less than a thousand.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokie13 View Post
                    So basically if a bank employee caught it all they could do was ask them to leave.
                    For the most part yes, but most CCW holders are law abiding people, so they would not intentionally violate such a ban.

Comment

Those signs do not apply to LE. I carry everywhere but the airport.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7943 users online. 371 members and 7572 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X