300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oshp

Does anyone with some inside knowledge (current trooper) know if they are going to doing another class in the fall? Im through my background and just waiting. They told us we would know something after April but Im just curious if anyone has heard anything at all around the posts. Im assuming probably not since whole SB5 thing is going on.

How long did it take you to get through. I just applied in Jan. and was just curious how long I am going to have to wait for the test and rest of the process?

Comment

Originally posted by MOFF52 View Post
      How long did it take you to get through. I just applied in Jan. and was just curious how long I am going to have to wait for the test and rest of the process?
      I applied in Feb or March of 2009. Didnt get to test until over a year later. Not a fast process. I honestly figured I wouldnt hear from them because it took so long. One thing though is stay in shape. That letter could arrive any time scheduling you for testing.

Comment

yeah im def keeping myself in the gym and hopefully i hear something within a year. So now that your through the background investigation, was the process as bad as everyone leads on?

Comment

Originally posted by MOFF52 View Post
          yeah im def keeping myself in the gym and hopefully i hear something within a year. So now that your through the background investigation, was the process as bad as everyone leads on?
          not too bad. im not done yet though. got a few more tests (another physical and psych) and they arent any easier than what I have done so far (thats what I hear). waiting it out is the toughest part. I dont expect a class for 2011 though because of the budget. hope so but ill keep doing what im doing until then.

Comment

What was the written test like? How hard was it? What should I do to prepare myself?

Comment

i dont remember it being too hard. i was just happy to be done with the physical part. theres really no way to study. most were common sense questions from what i remember.

Comment

I just received my letter scheduling me for my medical test. The wheels are starting to turn again.

Comment

me too. do you know what all we have to do? bench press, leg press, VO2 (run on treadmill)? do we have to run the 1 1/2 mile and do push ups and sit up again. just curious.

Comment

I'm sure a VO2 will definately be a part because the letter mentions running on a treadmill and calls it a stress test....I know they talked about the other things(bench, squat) at the test so I wouldn't be suprised. Time to get in great shape because I bet the academy is not far down the road.

Comment

If you guys haven't heard this yet the OSP budget includes money for three more classes. This fall then next spring/fall.

Comment

There's a class slated for Sept 1 with 75 slots as of now. We all know that nothing is never certain with these classes.

Comment

ive been trying to look up what we have to do on the VO2 test. one test i found is where they gradually increase the speed and incline every 3 minutes. the other one i found is where they set the speed at 7 mph and increase the incline every minute. which one do we have to do?

Comment

every three minutes...you start out walking basically for the first 9 minutes, but after that it gets pretty hard

Comment

wasnt too bad.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10564 users online. 496 members and 10068 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X