Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joeyboy
    replied
    Happy new year! May it be filled with stress test passes academy invites and membership to ohios finest police fraternity!

Leave a comment:

• mobes
    replied
    Originally posted by emsrower View Post
    The test information can be found on the link that Ryan 614 provided. The test is a maximal effort test meaning that the time that you will have to run is based on you personally not what someone else ran earlier. What I mean by this is that if I ran a 11.24 that might be enough for me to pass, but not for someone else.
    The best way to train is to try and do the test at least once a week. Or do some combination of running at decent speed at a good incline. Don't run the test everyday, that is not going to help. Run at different inclines at different speeds several times a week.

Practice doing the test so you aren't unfamiliar the first time you take it.

Thanks for the info emsrower.

I'm definitely taking the advice. I know one thing that may take getting used to is the nose clip. I also found a calculation while searching under "Bruce Protocol" that gives the result of your maximal output based on the amount of time completed during the test. Is anyone familiar with the accuracy of this? I'm trying to set a max time goal I believe I need to hit in order to pass, of course with a cushion.

On a side note, I wonder if we shouldn't begin a new thread for the June/December 2012 classes...

mobes

Leave a comment:

• emsrower
    replied
    The test information can be found on the link that Ryan 614 provided. The test is a maximal effort test meaning that the time that you will have to run is based on you personally not what someone else ran earlier. What I mean by this is that if I ran a 11.24 that might be enough for me to pass, but not for someone else.
    The best way to train is to try and do the test at least once a week. Or do some combination of running at decent speed at a good incline. Don't run the test everyday, that is not going to help. Run at different inclines at different speeds several times a week.

Practice doing the test so you aren't unfamiliar the first time you take it.

Leave a comment:

• Tpr2Be
    replied
    Ryan614- I have taken the test and they start you out at 10% grade. You are also correct it goes up 2% every 3 mins and increases speed. I will tell you train hard as I did not think this test was easy of course you are basically running till failure so that always sucks.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan614
    replied
    Anyone out there that has taken the stress test still reading this? I'm seeing some conflicting numbers as to how this test is done. There have been a few posts on here that say the test starts out at a 12% incline and increases 2% every three minutes. However, if you go to https://csc.columbus.gov/pages/unifo...nformation.pdf
    its says that the test starts out at a 10% incline. Also, all of the information I can find online says the Bruce Protocol calls for the test to start at 10% as well. Any input?

Leave a comment:

• Ryan614
    replied
    I believe my home interview was only a few weeks after the poly. Not 100% positive though, I was spending alot of time out of state for work, so time flew by!

Leave a comment:

• joeyboy
    replied
    How long after the poly did it take for the home interview? My references have been contacted so I assume they are still moving pretty fast through the list... I'm an 80 bander so I guess the 90 banders are all done?

Leave a comment:

• mobes
    replied
    Thanks again Ryan614. Sounds like you'll be ready come the end of January.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan614
    replied
    No problem at all, I found a TON of info on here to help me out with the process. Regarding your time, if you google the, "Bruce Protocol" for the VO2 max test, it will give you an equation you can use to give you an estimate of your VO2 max value. Of course, I don't BELIEVE, that it is based solely on time. I think they take values achieved from the mask they place on your face and correlate that to your time. It was suggested on here to run on an incline as much as possible at 15% incline with your nose plugged. That's what i've been doing. In addition to taking the test daily on my own. I'm at about 13 minutes before I fall out. Then I run over to the stationary bike and go 30 minutes on that, keeping my heartrate at 125% of my max. That's worked out very well for me. As always, gooooood luck in the whole process.

Leave a comment:

• mobes
    replied
    Thanks Ryan614!

I hope to get some good news in the next couple weeks. I'm preparing for the Physical Test and even working incline on the treadmill. BTW, I'm 50 yrs old. Yeh an old guy!

I know the VO2 for me is 35.2. Any idea how long I would have to go? I know it's a ways off and still have to go through several steps. But, I figure I'm getting started NOW! I'm already successfully completing stage 3 after being on the treadmill for about 1/2hr.

This forum has been very helpful in providing info. on the process.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan614
    replied
    Good luck man! From what I've read, pretty much everyone that applies, waits about a year to get selected. Just remember throughout the process, HONESTY HONESTY HONESTY!

Leave a comment:

• mobes
    replied
    Good luck to you guys! I am at the beginning of the process! I'm sure you remember when....

Hopefully, I'll score high enough to have a chance for June.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan614
    replied
    Yeah, the steps after the Poly are the Home Interview, Oral Boards, and then Meds. Things FLY after the home interview.

Leave a comment:

• TARHEEL
    replied
    u had home interview already?

Leave a comment:

• joeyboy
    replied
    Passed the poly last week. Waiting on an oral board as well...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4136 users online. 238 members and 3898 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X