Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan614- I have taken the test and they start you out at 10% grade. You are also correct it goes up 2% every 3 mins and increases speed. I will tell you train hard as I did not think this test was easy of course you are basically running till failure so that always sucks.

Comment

• The test information can be found on the link that Ryan 614 provided. The test is a maximal effort test meaning that the time that you will have to run is based on you personally not what someone else ran earlier. What I mean by this is that if I ran a 11.24 that might be enough for me to pass, but not for someone else.
      The best way to train is to try and do the test at least once a week. Or do some combination of running at decent speed at a good incline. Don't run the test everyday, that is not going to help. Run at different inclines at different speeds several times a week.

Practice doing the test so you aren't unfamiliar the first time you take it.
      ----
      West Side is the best side or something like that

Comment

• Originally posted by emsrower View Post
        The test information can be found on the link that Ryan 614 provided. The test is a maximal effort test meaning that the time that you will have to run is based on you personally not what someone else ran earlier. What I mean by this is that if I ran a 11.24 that might be enough for me to pass, but not for someone else.
        The best way to train is to try and do the test at least once a week. Or do some combination of running at decent speed at a good incline. Don't run the test everyday, that is not going to help. Run at different inclines at different speeds several times a week.

Practice doing the test so you aren't unfamiliar the first time you take it.

Thanks for the info emsrower.

I'm definitely taking the advice. I know one thing that may take getting used to is the nose clip. I also found a calculation while searching under "Bruce Protocol" that gives the result of your maximal output based on the amount of time completed during the test. Is anyone familiar with the accuracy of this? I'm trying to set a max time goal I believe I need to hit in order to pass, of course with a cushion.

On a side note, I wonder if we shouldn't begin a new thread for the June/December 2012 classes...

mobes

Comment

• Happy new year! May it be filled with stress test passes academy invites and membership to ohios finest police fraternity!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5414 users online. 270 members and 5144 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X