Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbus PD June/December 2011 classes.

Interested in who's in process for the June or December classes. What step are you currenty in and how are you feeling about your progress to this point?

Just took the poly and passed, now waiting for the home interview. I tested OCT 2010 and am in the 90 band. I'm really hoping everything keeps going this smooth. I am in multiple other LE hiring processes on the federal level and I have to say I am blown away by how much faster CDP is moving than the Federal jobs. Needless to say I'm very thankful and impressed. Really hoping everything comes together as Columbus is a great young city with cheap housing to boot!

Comment

I also am from the Oct 2010 test in the 90 band. I spoke to my BI this morning and looks like my oral board will be at the end of March. I have no set date yet that was a guess on the BI's part. Thanks for the advice on the stress test Lucy as I also run 3-5 miles 3-4 times a week but I think I will start doing the incline when I use the treadmill.

Comment

I tested in March of 2010 and got all the way to the stress test and failed by one point. I had the option to retest that week to make the December class. I elected to wait for the next class due to the fact if you fail your second time you are out of the process. I took the stress test the second time and got a 48 and passed, so now I am waiting for my psychological exam. If I can give you any advice I would say to run on an incline as much as possible. I was running 5k a couple times a week prior to my first test and I failed. To prepare for my second test I would just run as much as i could on a 15% incline. It seems to me if you can avoid your legs burning out the test is so much easier. It’s also a big mental game with yourself if you can push yourself an extra 30-60 seconds when you feel like quitting you will pass. The biggest chunk of your points comes at the very end when you are maxed out and feel like you can’t go any longer. So push yourself a little more and you won’t have any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by nessley View Post
          I tested in March of 2010 and got all the way to the stress test and failed by one point. I had the option to retest that week to make the December class. I elected to wait for the next class due to the fact if you fail your second time you are out of the process. I took the stress test the second time and got a 48 and passed, so now I am waiting for my psychological exam. If I can give you any advice I would say to run on an incline as much as possible. I was running 5k a couple times a week prior to my first test and I failed. To prepare for my second test I would just run as much as i could on a 15% incline. It seems to me if you can avoid your legs burning out the test is so much easier. It’s also a big mental game with yourself if you can push yourself an extra 30-60 seconds when you feel like quitting you will pass. The biggest chunk of your points comes at the very end when you are maxed out and feel like you can’t go any longer. So push yourself a little more and you won’t have any problems.
          Congrats on passing the stress test! If I may ask, how long did you last on the treadmill each time?

Comment

The first time i went 11:30, second time i went 12:38.

Comment

I also got a call for my psychological exam its scheduled for tomorrow. That should be the final step in the process for me hopefully it goes smooth and I can be there in June.

Comment

Received the letter today informing me that my physical and stress test are scheduled for March 24. They are not messing around. Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by nessley View Post
                  I also got a call for my psychological exam its scheduled for tomorrow. That should be the final step in the process for me hopefully it goes smooth and I can be there in June.
                  Nessley ~ So how did the psych exam go for you?

Comment

It went well takes about 4 to 5 hours by the time you take all 3 test and meet with psychologist. Between all 3 test I would say you have to answer roughly 800 questions. Some of the questions are totally off the wall crazy, but nothing to be nervous about. Im still waiting on my results and praying that my process is finally complete.

How was the stress test?

Comment

Yay for you, process completed! I am sure you did just fine. The stress test was not too bad - I went 11:45. I was able to walk all of stage 3 so I had plenty of legs for stage 4. Not a fan of the plastic head piece but eveything else was as expected. The two guys administering the test were very encouraging and had a good sense of humor which I appreciated.

Comment

Advise concerning the stress test. Find out the test schedule ( example every 3min your grade goes up 3 degrees) you can get this from civil service. Once you get that do that and only that to prepare for the test. When I did it I was 214 and went 14:28 total. The test is crazy hard but if you train that way it will help. Getting into to the academy is really just a small step in the process. CPD academy is the best and you will learn a ton from them. SGT Stewart will be missed

Comment

Go Lancaster!

Comment

Does the stress test come before the psychological test normally? I'm still waiting for the panel interview, so I'm guessing if I pass that then these last two steps will happen pretty quickly.
                            Last edited by CvilleBucknut; 03-25-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

If by phsiological you mean the medical the stress comes after but on the same day. You go and they do all your medical tests, take blood and then you go directly to your stress test at OSU. Once you get past the panel interview you do the medical, stress test, psych eval. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6637 users online. 361 members and 6276 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X