Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resigned from OPOTA commission... Do I still have a certification for the next year?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resigned from OPOTA commission... Do I still have a certification for the next year?

I'm not sure why this information is so hard to find! I resigned from my commissioned OPOTA position in November 2010 after 2 years with the department. My former employer wasn't very forthcoming with info and I can't seem to find anything on the attorney general's site about it either.

Is my OPOTA certification valid for a year from the time of resignation?

Your cert is till good. The length of time you are uncertified determines what type of "refresher" training you need when you get sworn in again. After a certain amount of time you have to go through the whole academy again. Just call certifications and standards and ask them. You'll get the correct answer directly from the people who determine your fate.

Comment

Thank you! I believe it is after 2 years that you have to go through the whole academy again, but I will call and confirm.

Comment

One year refresher, two years entire academy.
        "In valor there is hope"

Comment

I thought they changed that last year? Isn't it 4 years now?

Comment

I know last year it was more than two years before you had to do the entire thing again.

Comment

Didn't know they changed it. Probably makes sense with the job market the way it is.
              "In valor there is hope"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10869 users online. 373 members and 10496 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X