Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, they may not, but if i heard right today the house has a 59-40 Republican lead in the house.
    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Originally posted by Lawenforcer72 View Post
      Even though i kind of split on the union thing, the thing i dont understand is where are the Protestors are.

Wisconsin has TONS of people protesting, and senate bill 5 effects twice as many people in ohio as the wisconsin bill effects. AND the wisonsin bill DOES NOT effect law enforcement/firefighters.

So why are numbers so weak at the protest line?
      There were over 8,000 people at Columbus City Hall on Tuesday.

"COLUMBUS -- More than 8,000 protetstors -- police, firefighters, teachers and government workers -- rallied at the Statehouse again Tuesday to show opposition to Senate Bill 5.

The committee reviewing Senate Bill 5 met for an hour and then adjourned until 10 a.m. Wednesday.

Senate Bill 5 as proposed

The committee meeting to discuss the bill began at 1 p.m. and adjourned after about an hour to give lawmakers more time to review amendments, which include 98 pages of changes to the bill.

The committee hearing began with State Sen. Shannon Jones' presentation of an Omnibus Amendment to Senate Bill 5. The Republican state senator was the sponsor behind the bill, which aims to reform Ohio's current 27-year-old collective bargaining law.

The amendment reflects several key changes announced last week by Ohio Senate President Tom Niehaus, including the restoration of limited collective bargaining rights for state employees, a prohibition on striking for all public employees and a procedure for resolving contract disputes.

Republicans hoped to vote it out of committee this week. Some see the lack of a vote as evidence the bill does not have needed support within the committee."

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/177...-Senate-Bill-5
      Last edited by Danny216; 03-03-2011, 04:14 PM.
      The only time you can have too much ammunition is when you're swimming or on fire

Comment

Senate Bill 5 has passed committee, bringing it closer to law. It's been slightly tweaked, but still puts bargaining unit employees at a terrible disadvantage.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...n.html?sid=101

I never thought Ohio would elect a Republican who would turn out to be so anti-safety forces. Moron..........

Leave the sorry, sinking ship "U.S.S. Ohio" if you can, brothers and sisters!
        Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

This is not good news for LEO's along with others.......may I ask why this was passed? What is the benefit? I have minimal knowledge on this intriguing topic and wish to learn more. Thank you!

Nevermind I have just read above. Apologies for posting this!
          Last edited by Carter2rucker46; 03-30-2011, 12:25 AM. Reason: Further looked into.

Comment

Well get ready for referendum time. I think the state FOP stated they are looking to get around 240,000 signatures. With all gov't workers and private union members, I think that's more than reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by QuietPro View Post
              Senate Bill 5 has passed committee, bringing it closer to law. It's been slightly tweaked, but still puts bargaining unit employees at a terrible disadvantage.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...n.html?sid=101

I never thought Ohio would elect a Republican who would turn out to be so anti-safety forces. Moron..........

Leave the sorry, sinking ship "U.S.S. Ohio" if you can, brothers and sisters!

Eh i feel that Ohio is just the beginning. Once one state passes a law it makes it easier for a bunch of others to follow suit.

Dont jump ship just yet, its going to happen everywhere.
              sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
              Rocky Balboa
              Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

This is just the beginning of the fight, they don't have us down and out just yet. This was just one knock out in this boxing match.
                "In valor there is hope"

Comment

If you haven't already, get ahold of your local FOP office. The referendum is going to be starting soon and we need to get as many signatures as possible.

Comment

I'm not in Ohio, but have been closely watching what is happening there and in Wisconsin. I'm one of those Republicans who is growing disgruntled with my political party. I could never be a Democrat, but joining the growing ranks of independents is looking better and better every day. Pretty interesting article on the subject from Politico.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/52359.html

Comment

Being a union guy this doesn't look good. It will be interesting to see what happens. They cut my pay last year and the road ahead looks rough. Is it bad that I don't have a lot of optimism for my career choices.

Looks like we are going to end up more like southern departments; less pay, benefits, etc.

Cut out the fat cats!

Comment

Originally posted by waleye262 View Post
                        Being a union guy this doesn't look good. It will be interesting to see what happens. They cut my pay last year and the road ahead looks rough. Is it bad that I don't have a lot of optimism for my career choices.

Looks like we are going to end up more like southern departments; less pay, benefits, etc.

Cut out the fat cats!
                        I am pro fiscal responsibility, and in my opinion they need to quit cutting police officers, and start cutting the 7 lieutenants and each of their personal secretaries. lol

I love our records clerks, and i love our administrative staff, but when it comes to protection, when it comes to keeping the roads safe, i look up the records on my own!

Those are ways to save A LOT of money without cutting police or fire.

Will it be an inconvenience? definitely, but atleast the important jobs are saved.
                        sigpic

Rocky Balboa
                        Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

Sorry to see this happen to you guys. As a former Republican (Walker Voter) and a Deputy in the county that Scott Walker came from I will not be voting Republican Tuesday. Our collective bargaining abilities were not taken away but they surely will be affected negatively because of the Wisconsin Legislation. For the last 15 of my 17 years I have not been very active in the union but that may have to change. I realize we are next, it is all part of the divide and conquer strategy of the GOP. Good Luck guys you have my support and sympathies. We are no longer the good guys. We are looked at as some welfare collecting state supported scum. We won't be appreciated until the "S*** HITS THE FAN".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10994 users online. 508 members and 10486 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X