300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State University Police

Was wondering about department size and daily duties, etc. Just to get an idea about the department....

PM me if you dont want to post here....

Thanks
    "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good" Romans 12:21

Pretty decent size dept with a good reputation and good pay. They deal with a lot of student as well as non-student issues and crime. A lot of alcohol, assaults, robberies, burgs, etc. That said, I talked to one of their command officers a few years ago and since they are a university PD they still have to deal with a lot of the crap that goes along with being a university officer. If you are looking for a job, there are a lot worse places in Ohio to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
      Pretty decent size dept with a good reputation and good pay. They deal with a lot of student as well as non-student issues and crime. A lot of alcohol, assaults, robberies, burgs, etc. That said, I talked to one of their command officers a few years ago and since they are a university PD they still have to deal with a lot of the crap that goes along with being a university officer. If you are looking for a job, there are a lot worse places in Ohio to be working.
      I know that Cleveland State University Police Officers either get a huge discount on tuition or might even get free tuition. If OSU has a similar deal, it wouldn't be a bad place to work at all...
      The only time you can have too much ammunition is when you're swimming or on fire

Comment

Sounds like a good gig. You will have the best seats in the house for the games. That is a major perk.

Go Bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeyeknight View Post
          Sounds like a good gig. You will have the best seats in the house for the games. That is a major perk.

Go Bucks!
          Sounds good in theory, but I bet they spend most of the game dealing with drunk idiot college kids
          Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
            Sounds good in theory, but I bet they spend most of the game dealing with drunk idiot college kids
            Naaa, as I remember they left the stands to the Troopers and mainly stayed down on the field. That kinda of duty is well suited to Troopers

Go Buckeyes!

Comment

I know some high ups in this department. It is a pretty good department. Like stated earlier, VERY good pay. They want an educated officer, and have been known to deny people quickly for things that most of us think are petty. Ex: Credit score below 700, Grades below 3.0, one traffic citation in past 7 years.....

That isnt written in stone, i just know they are all about "the golden child" rather than personality (as i have worked with some of their officers in the past of which arent very street smart, but they have a few good guys in the gang unit)

They deal with a lot of gang activity due to the thugs that live on the edges of campus area.

Good Luck! If you get in your looking at a good career with GREAT pay.
              sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
              Rocky Balboa
              Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Just wait till you get to the test and all of Ohio Stadium is filled with test takers.
                -Stay safe

Comment

Originally posted by Lawenforcer72 View Post
                  I know some high ups in this department. It is a pretty good department. Like stated earlier, VERY good pay. They want an educated officer, and have been known to deny people quickly for things that most of us think are petty. Ex: Credit score below 700, Grades below 3.0, one traffic citation in past 7 years.....

That isnt written in stone, i just know they are all about "the golden child" rather than personality (as i have worked with some of their officers in the past of which arent very street smart, but they have a few good guys in the gang unit)

They deal with a lot of gang activity due to the thugs that live on the edges of campus area.

Good Luck! If you get in your looking at a good career with GREAT pay.
                  Well dang they got me on credit score and grades. Lol Really they are going to pass up a qualified candidate for some silliness like that. geezz!

Comment

Originally posted by J_Mann View Post
                    Just wait till you get to the test and all of Ohio Stadium is filled with test takers.
                    yeah maybe I will be the top dog in 105,000 people! lol

Comment

I am curious on how many people will be taking the test... I know that they are setting aside three days for it... figure what... 100 per day or more?...
                      Buckeyeknight... I like that attitude too.... When I do get the job out of all the other people it is a sense of accomplishment....

Comment

You're probably looking at 5-600 a day
                        -Stay safe

Comment

By all means apply or take their test or whatever they do. Worst case scenario is you get the test experience.
                          sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                          Rocky Balboa
                          Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Originally posted by Lawenforcer72 View Post
                            By all means apply or take their test or whatever they do. Worst case scenario is you get the test experience.
                            I don't know if I can get away from work to take the test on the days they are offering sucks! They should give laterals a break or make the process easier. oh well maybe next time.

Comment

Well there was only about 125 that took the test as far as I can tell...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8495 users online. 378 members and 8117 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X