300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbus PD, since I don't want to bog down the other thread

Anyway, figure I start a list for the new applicants coming through. Anyone know how many made it past the PT test this last week? I saw the name list when I checked in and it didn't seem very long considering how many people actually took the test. But, there may have been another list as well.

The budget comes out in another month right? still think they are holding to that 150 number?

Comment

The City of Columbus 2011 Public Safety Budget says there is appropriations for a class of 65 in June 2011 and a class of 35 in Dec 2011. According to the report, I believe the 150 total includes the 54 that started Dec 2010. The Sgt in charge of recruiting also said June for the next class at the physical test. You can see it for yourself here http://finance.columbus.gov/content....03&menu_id=572. Just click on the public safety link at the bottom and read the police section. I scored in the 90 Band and passed the physical. Just waiting to start the rest of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by lancerace98 View Post
        The City of Columbus 2011 Public Safety Budget says there is appropriations for a class of 65 in June 2011 and a class of 35 in Dec 2011. According to the report, I believe the 150 total includes the 54 that started Dec 2010. The Sgt in charge of recruiting also said June for the next class at the physical test. You can see it for yourself here http://finance.columbus.gov/content....03&menu_id=572. Just click on the public safety link at the bottom and read the police section. I scored in the 90 Band and passed the physical. Just waiting to start the rest of the process.
        I checked it out, that's some good info thanks!

I'm still curious as to how many people moved on from the PT

Comment

They need to have another Civil Service test ASAP

Comment

anyone else get the e-mail for the next phase?

Comment

Well there were about 250 at the info session right? Everyone from the 90 and 80 band were invited....so 250 + those from the 70 band that were not invited = how many passed the PT (and still are trying to hired)

Comment

Tested Oct. 2010 and still hanging around. Just finished Oral Board today. Things really moving fast with this particular class slated for June.
                Anyone else still in the mix?

Comment

LucyB123- I tested in Oct 10 as well and just completed the home interview today. I expect my Oral Boards to be in late March early April. How long did you have between the home interview and the Oral Board?

Comment

Lancerace98 - I had my home interview on Feb. 18th.....so just shy of 3 weeks.

Comment

I remember being told at the information session that 57% of applicants that made it to the stress test last time around failed. This makes me pretty nervous. I run 6 days a week 3-6 miles, but is this enough to safely pass this stress test. Anyone think I should start just training on a treadmill, maybe with my noise plugged up as is apparently done during the test?

Comment

Sounds like you are in good running shape so maybe just try making yourself uncomfortable while running. I have been encouraged by my BI, the folks in my Oral Board as well as someone who graduated from the academy last August to run with my nose plugged and if you are running on a treadmill, try adding incline to your workouts. Even propping your treadmill up to simulate at higher grade will help. It has even been suggested to try wearing a scuba mask, I laughed but then it makes sense...there is a mental battle dealing with how uncomfortable and awkward the cords straps etc are.

Comment

Thanks for the information! Sounds like I'll start some hill training straight out of my cross country days, but this time with a nose plug....hopefully I don't get judged too much on the trails haha.
                          On another note, passed my poly over the weekend and I'm waiting to hear about my home interview. I'm impressed how far on you are in your process. Did they tell you your background Investigation was complete? I am somewhat nervous my investigator (still have not heard who it is) might have a hard time contacting former employers and that may keep me out of the June class. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

I can only speak from my experience and they followed up with every past employer I put on the BHQ. The BI that I met with during the pre-interview/background meeting is the same one that did the home interview. I had my poly and home interview during the same week and as of the Oral Board the background was completed. Keep optimistic!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14519 users online. 465 members and 14054 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X