300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lorain County Sheriff Office,Lakewood, Westlake, Parma

I have a degree in justice studies and wanted to get into more clerical/civilian type work such as records.... sending crime statistics to the UCR and such for police and sheriff's departments. I know some departments have records divisions and some don't. These jobs are few and far between. Don't want to get into dispatching but might have to consider it. Does anyone know the best way to get into one of these departments. I really want to get into LCSO but they never have postings for job openings. Your help is appreciated.

Originally posted by cyann View Post
    I have a degree in justice studies and wanted to get into more clerical/civilian type work such as records.... sending crime statistics to the UCR and such for police and sheriff's departments. I know some departments have records divisions and some don't. These jobs are few and far between. Don't want to get into dispatching but might have to consider it. Does anyone know the best way to get into one of these departments. I really want to get into LCSO but they never have postings for job openings. Your help is appreciated.
    I would check each of the websites. I do know that if you go up employment opportunites on LCSO website, they have a basic application to fill out and turn in for any position. I do know lorain county has tons of funding problems so opportunities are few and far between. I also know that Westlake has a position open for Police Officer for a while but have not ran a test so I don't think there are looking to hire either but I could be wrong.

I have been testing as a Police Officer for 4 years. Just keep checking the papers and apply as soon as they open. Other than that Good Luck

Comment

cyann- You might consider the Franklin County Sheriff's Office down in Columbus, as well as the Columbus Division of Police. Both departments have their own larger records divisions with positions that you're after. I'd inquire to each; couldn't hurt.
      Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5803 users online. 228 members and 5575 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X