300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jobs in the buckeye

Anyone out there looking for a JOB in the buckeye state? ugh its brutal out there right now. just looking to chat about anyone making any progress.

lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!!!!
    Lead ME, Follow ME, or get out of my way

Jobs are opening up...

Dayton is testing next month, Columbus just had testing, Dublin, Hilliard, Toledo, franklin county, Highway patrol......

Most of these have been discussed on here. You just have to put yourself out there!

Comment

Just to second what Nick said, Columbus just got done with one round of testing and most likely will be doing another in the near future. A class of 54 will be starting December 6th, and they are talking about doing two classes next year with a total of 110+ recruits.

I applied in August of 2008 and am just now starting in December, but my buddy just tested in June of this year and he is probably getting in in December too, so they're moving people through much faster now.

If you're interested in Columbus, go to csc.columbus.gov and fill out a job interest card and they will e-mail you the next time they test.

Comment

unaick is right Dublin, and Hilliard are hiring. Most likely one or two guys at a time.
        Columbus, Toledo, Franklin County Sheriffs are also hiring at larger numbers. Highway patrol just started an Academy class and they are still processing people for a possible 2011 class, but they don't seem to sure about it.

Bigger agency's are the way to go if you want to make sure you get a job. You can apply to the smaller places, but you better be in the top 3. Columbus is a good way to go if you can stand doing Police work in that silly white shirt, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.
        A lot of County Sheriffs are taking applications, but who knows when they will actually hire. Buckeye Sheriffs association website has links to all 88 county Sheriffs websites.
        Oh, Defense Logistics in Columbus is also taking applications if your interested in being a Federal Police Officer. Also if you have a degree check out the Federal stuff like Special Agent. Only problem is there is no guarantee you will get stationed in Ohio. Federal Law Enforcement is a lot like signing up for active duty, they put you where they need you.

If you have a particular agency in mind you might want to consider joining the reserves from that agency. Then when they do hire they already know you and what you are all about. A lot of Cops start out as reserves especially when times are lean.

All my friends just applied everywhere. Just apply apply apply, but be sure you want to live in or near that agency you are applying to. For instances there are a lot of jobs to be had up by the Lake but I have no desire to live up there so I would focus on Central Ohio.
        The recession can't least forever. As long as we vote out all the Dems/Obama the economy will turn around.
        Good Luck Kawboy.

Semper Fi
        Last edited by Buckeyeknight; 10-31-2010, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Back about six to nine months ago it was even more rough on the job scene here in Ohio. So I went out of state looked around and applied for the Minnesota State Patrol. Best decision I have ever made, its a beautiful state and I love it up there, I got a final offer of employment and leave in less than a week. If you think it is that tough in Ohio look elsewhere bro, if you have to move out of Ohio just to get on somewhere and get experience and then come back then do that. Good luck to you man and if I get any openings on my job notification app (yes they have an app for that lol) I will PM it to you.

Comment

Have you received anything since the Oct. 4th psychological testing? Just wondered....still waiting here. thanks

Originally posted by Ofc_Redneck View Post
            Just to second what Nick said, Columbus just got done with one round of testing and most likely will be doing another in the near future. A class of 54 will be starting December 6th, and they are talking about doing two classes next year with a total of 110+ recruits.

I applied in August of 2008 and am just now starting in December, but my buddy just tested in June of this year and he is probably getting in in December too, so they're moving people through much faster now.

If you're interested in Columbus, go to csc.columbus.gov and fill out a job interest card and they will e-mail you the next time they test.

Comment

I had my psych October 4th too and have not heard anything. It's starting to drive me nuts!

Comment

I heard CPD threw out a group of tests that were done early 2010. Any truth to this?
                sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                Rocky Balboa
                Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

I understand...I am hoping that no news is good news. Please post if you hear anything. thanks and good luck!!

Originally posted by jenswaiting View Post
                  I had my psych October 4th too and have not heard anything. It's starting to drive me nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by mission314 View Post
                    Have you received anything since the Oct. 4th psychological testing? Just wondered....still waiting here. thanks
                    I have some ears on the inside that tell me that the letters should be going out in the next 10 days for the people who will be in the class. Hang in there!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12264 users online. 491 members and 11773 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X