Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah my manager got a call today as well probably because i put my application i had a write up and my hr department got and sent in the packet saying i had nothing. I came across this so it looks like the physical fitness requirements are changing.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/g...ments-Cha.aspx

Comment

• Just spoke to my BI about the physcial test and if any changes were made. She stated that he is unaware of any changes to the PT and that she did know that the State made some changes but Toledo had not. She further stated that she only does backgrounds and gave me a number to call just to be on the safe side about the PT. I called and spoke to Danyelle, I think that was her name, and she stated that the information we have in our packet is what the PT is going to be. She also stated to me that if I signed up for a date for the preassessment that if I am unable to make it that I need to let them know a head of time, otherwise it will have a negative affect on the background. Just fyi for you all. This is what we recieved in the packet
      1.5 Mile Run 15:14
      300 Meter Run 64.7 Sec
      Sit-Ups (timed 1 Min.) 31
      Push-Ups (unlimited) 22
      1 Repetition Maximum Bench Press .61 Ratio
      So even though the state changed some standards, as for now Toledo PD is staying the same.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. Maybe it just depends when those new standards go into effect? It would have been nice if they did now so they would get people more physically inclined for the positions. I pretty much figured that as far as being "voluntary" that if a person decided not to go it would be negative on their part. Why wouldn't someone want to take advantage and better prepare themselves.

Comment

• Yea thanks good to know even though I plan on going. I figured the tpd fitness standards was the same, least if you can pass those standards you definitely should be able to pass the state one.

Comment

• Well unless somebody else does before me ill post how the assessment goes
            They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

• Just got home from the assessment and physical test are October 7,8 and 15,16; academy starts November 15, so if haven't been working out you might wanna start because the officers said its basically 6 months of he**, still no word on when interviews are but hopefully they'll be soon.
              Last edited by bigc18; 07-12-2011, 06:50 AM. Reason: wanted to add more
              They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

• Hi guys, I've been following this forum for a while. I received a call on Friday from HR asking me to come in to go over my background packet. Did anyone else receive a call?
                Last edited by MR Robinson; 07-11-2011, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Thanks bigc18 for the input. MR Robinson i have not received a call about the background.

Comment

• Thanks Bigc for the info. Did it seem like most people there were able to complete the physical requirements? Or at least close? Did they say we will get a choice of what day we want to take the actual physical portion? Or will they just assign us to a day/time?

Mr. Robinson-I have not gotten a call either, maybe you are right on the edge and they are allowing you time to review your packet because you can challenge certain things to have them removed.

Comment

• Thanks Bigc.

Mr. Robinson - I have not received a call. Please keep us updated on the HR meeting, as if anybody is like me, then the waiting is torture.

Comment

• The assessment went pretty well. It was very informative as far as what they will be looking for on the day of the test. The academy instructors were very thorough with details of the academy. They did say that you cannot pick your day for the actual PT test. They will assign a day and you are expected to be there and if you cannot make it basically thats to bad. They did record everyones times and scores so even though it was an assessment I wouldn't doubt if they take them into consideration at the oral boards since they will be conducted before the actual PT test but who knows. Most people seemed to do pretty well with all of the tests. Didn't get a call from HR either. It might depend on which BI is doing your background and which order they were completed.

Comment

• There was 12 of us so I would say 1/3 of us would have been fine to take the test yesterday the other 2/3 needed some work, you don't get to pick your day, yeah try your hardest because they record everything, you do get a second chance if you fail any part of the test

Comment

• Hey everyone I've been following the forum for awhile and you guys give good info for everyone. I did the assessment today and it wasn't that bad but even I need some work. Just a little heads up for those going the rest of the week, give it all u got! I'm a large man and I was keeping up with the smaller guys so don't be discouraged! My references have still not been contacted , but my Neighbors and Bosses have all been contacted! Everyone keep your heads up and make sure this is what you want to do because it is going to be tough! Good luck !

Comment

• Thanks for the information. So basically everything that we have in our packet is correct for the physical fitness test?

Comment

• I went for my assessment over the weekend, and I was really glad that I went. Yes, everything in the packet is correct. However, they greatly stressed that you should try to be above the minimum requirements by the time the academy starts. There will be days in the first week where you do 200 pushups in one day, or 300 situps in one day. During the academy you will be running outisde as long as the temperature is between 32-100 degrees. Also, if you get selected as an alternate, stay in shape! They said that one year they had 20 people picked, and 20 alternates, and the 19th alternate made it on to the force because so many of the others didn't make it through the physical, or psychological parts. They also said that there will be at least one more class next year off of this exam list, and that they expect to put a total of 3 classes through off of this list, so if you aren't at the top, there is still hope that you will make it through next year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6036 users online. 329 members and 5707 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X