• MaxRex33
    commented on 's reply
    As am I. And then PT Fri morning

• Bauer
    commented on 's reply
    Yep. 8:30AM

• MaxRex33
    commented on 's reply
    Bauer, are you taking the psych test tomorrow?

• Bauer
    commented on 's reply
    I will. Thanks.

• DetroitLite
    commented on 's reply
    I'm glad for you! Keep us updated!

• DetroitLite
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Bauer, I can see where I phrased it wrong. I am slightly upset but I knew this was the mostlikly outcome so I mentally prepared myself. I've always wanted to join the Army but I've always found a way to talk myself out of it. Just about year and half ago I was talking to recruiters about being a MP. I think it's one of those things where I got to say F it and just do it. I'm also only 21 so I'll have plenty of time to start a career as a police officer after serving. I'm definitely go to give it some time because I saw that you just got offered an alternate.

• Bauer
    replied
    So they ended up offering me a spot as an alternate. Not sure how or why, but I'm thankful. Still alive.

Leave a comment:

• Bauer
    commented on 's reply
    My best advice is to not do anything right away. Let it sit and process it. The LAST thing you want to do is commit 4-5 years of your life to something that isn't right for you, just because you're upset/lost after this. Take some time to yourself...no one knows what's right for you, but you. If that's what interests you, maybe go talk to some friends or family who have recently been in the military. Recruiters can be dangerous..remember...it's their job to get you to sign up. lol

If that's thre route you go, maybe you become military police and then transition into a police job on the outside when you get out.

Good luck in your searching. I wish all of you the best. I'll probably monitor this page off and on to see if Sibberson gets in and to see if you guys are still around.

As for me, I'll just continue on at the job I've had basically my entire adult life. It's not what I want to do forever, but I won't leave it for the first thing that pops up. Not to mention, for a guy with no education, it'll be hard to find another job that will compensate me the same way. The police officer position was just more of a dream job I guess. Wasn't about salary. I REALLY wanted it.
    Last edited by Bauer; 06-13-2018, 07:34 AM.

• davidhale
    commented on 's reply
    Hell, I don't even know what to do with myself. Do what feels right for you.

• MaxRex33
    replied
    I know how you guys are feeling right now. I know it all too well, being thru this twice before. One single piece of advice, Don't give up! If this is truly your dream and what you want to do as a career, then try again! The waiting sucks, yes.. but this one time should not break you. Next time you'll know what to expect.

Leave a comment:

• DetroitLite
    replied
    I'm thinking about just joining the military at this point. Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• DetroitLite
    commented on 's reply
    Good luck, hope for the best for you!

• Ssibbersen
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you guys. I so sorry to those of you who didn't get a call, I know this has been a long draining process.

• davidhale
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, good luck Sibberson.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10063 users online. 495 members and 9568 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X