Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHall
    commented on 's reply
    I have a seat providing I passed this last step, I answered all questions truthfully and best of my knowledge, somestuff I answered I got in wrong order like job history,because he goes off the PHQ that we filled out. I can't remember stuff from 5 years ago let alone from my first job, I'm no spring chicken,I'm 39 years old and have had a few jobs
    Last edited by NHall; 07-03-2018, 02:27 AM.

• DetroitLite
    replied
    I scored in the 91st percentile on my ASVAB. I swore in today as an EOD recruit, I also will be getting a top secret clearance. Wish me luck, I ship out in August for basic. Save me a spot on TPD bomb squad! Also good luck to max and anyone else trying next round!

Leave a comment:

• Bauer
    replied
    I talked to my BI and she said the news story was wrong. The next class will start in May. Testing will take place from July 15th-September for those not using old NTN scores. You have to reapply on or after July 15th to get in the process. She also told me that the process will be almost exactly the same, except we will just have to do a background update. (I'm assuming that means just giving any info that occurred in 2018.

Just thought I would share.

Leave a comment:

• Bauer
    commented on 's reply
    He told me he turns over the info to TPD immediately. Sometimes it take a few days, sometimes it takes a couple weeks. We'll see I guess. Are you an alternate, or do you have a seat? (I'm an alternate)

• NHall
    commented on 's reply
    I had my oral physiological at 9 today and he did say he's finishing up tomorrow which is the 3rd, so I would think the city would let us know next week sometime. Those questions were straight forward with exception to a few towards the end, kinda odd but I understand they wanna see how u respond to stress. I feel like him not reviEwing the scantron part first, by doing the interview first hand, it gives him a baseline of who we are and then he can evaluate back and forth.
    Last edited by NHall; 07-02-2018, 12:51 PM.

• Bauer
    commented on 's reply
    Really not too bad at all to be honest. Didn't really pry for info on anything...just asked questions about different things from childhood to now. Nothing really uncomfortable (for me.) Some questions were pretty standard, some seemed a little silly...kind of a "I'm not sure why that's relevant" type of question. Some questions that test your thought process... nothing crazy.

He did tell me that he does not look at your scantron results before meeting with you though. Says he wants to go into your meeting unbiased. I like that, but at the same time, I wish he had seen my results so if there were any sort of red flags, he could just ask me about it. When you're answering true false, if you misunderstood a question or just had to choose one way or the other, it's not a great indication of your true feelings a lot of times. (in my opinion.)

• NHall
    commented on 's reply
    How was your physiological interview?

• Ssibbersen
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Bauer! Good luck to everyone!!!!!

• Bauer
    commented on 's reply
    Nah, I didn't get one either. Don't make bad assumptions on yourself.

• davidhale
    commented on 's reply
    I already filled out the interest card from the TPD website. Just another waiting game for me now.
    Still wish I got an email for my interview, I must have done pretty badly.

• Bauer
    replied
    Also, good luck Max! Would love to hear how the academy goes for you. Holding out hope for you too Sibberson. You're so close.

Leave a comment:

• Bauer
    replied
    Well, I've finally completed the last step of the process after meeting with the psychiatrist yesterday. From the little info I have, it doesn't seem likely I'll be getting in this go around. Doesn't sound like enough people are dropping.

Definitely tough to swallow after 8 months and knowing I'm gonna have to do it all over again, but it is what it is. I'll still hold out hope that I get a call saying I've moved up far enough to get into the class, but otherwise I'll be back at it again here soon.
    Anyone else planning on going through it again?

Leave a comment:

• Adam2015
    replied
    I think ima reapply and shoot for a higher score, should have just went to the pt test rather than drop out but it is what it is..

Leave a comment:

• Bauer
    commented on 's reply
    ....and the mind games continue..... lol

• MaxRex33
    commented on 's reply
    If that's correct how can 2 classes go at the same time? I thought the academy was 7 months?? I have a feeling what happens with this class is something that hasn't been done prior.. like condensing 7 months into 4....

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9513 users online. 479 members and 9034 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X