Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought everyone would get them.

Comment

• I'm alternate #20....out of 20. lol BUT, one guy didn't even show for the psych eval this morning, so I'm #19 now!
      The loudest one in the room is the weakest.

Comment

• Did anyone receive an email regarding their interview score and such? I've gotten nothing. I'm going to reapply next round, so any help to improve is what I was hoping to get from it.

Comment

• Bauer
          Bauer commented
          Editing a comment
          No. Sibberson and I were just talking about how we haven't gotten anything. Next time I talk to Kelly, I'll ask her about it.

• 2 people didn't show to my fitness test and another guy failed. (sounded like he won't be trying the retake) I'm up to at least #16. (Higher if people are dropping in other sessions)
        Last edited by Bauer; 06-15-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• DetroitLite
          DetroitLite commented
          Editing a comment
          The dream is alive!

• Bauer
          Bauer commented
          Editing a comment
          That's all I can ask for, right? I'm just going to control the things I can control and see where I end up.

• Pre test, Physical and stress test in the books. Next week I have my meeting with the psychologist and I'll be done with this process finally. (and probably getting ready to start it all over again being that my odds of making the class aren't great. lol)

Comment

• http://www.wtol.com/story/38451466/t...angerously-low

A class in July and in November? ......

Comment

• davidhale
            davidhale commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting. Hopefully a new round will start up and I can reapply.

• MaxRex33
            MaxRex33 commented
            Editing a comment
            If that's correct how can 2 classes go at the same time? I thought the academy was 7 months?? I have a feeling what happens with this class is something that hasn't been done prior.. like condensing 7 months into 4....

• Bauer
            Bauer commented
            Editing a comment
            ....and the mind games continue..... lol

• I think ima reapply and shoot for a higher score, should have just went to the pt test rather than drop out but it is what it is..

Comment

• Well, I've finally completed the last step of the process after meeting with the psychiatrist yesterday. From the little info I have, it doesn't seem likely I'll be getting in this go around. Doesn't sound like enough people are dropping.

Definitely tough to swallow after 8 months and knowing I'm gonna have to do it all over again, but it is what it is. I'll still hold out hope that I get a call saying I've moved up far enough to get into the class, but otherwise I'll be back at it again here soon.
            Anyone else planning on going through it again?

Comment

• Bauer
              Bauer commented
              Editing a comment
              He told me he turns over the info to TPD immediately. Sometimes it take a few days, sometimes it takes a couple weeks. We'll see I guess. Are you an alternate, or do you have a seat? (I'm an alternate)

• NHall
              NHall commented
              Editing a comment
              I have a seat providing I passed this last step, I answered all questions truthfully and best of my knowledge, somestuff I answered I got in wrong order like job history,because he goes off the PHQ that we filled out. I can't remember stuff from 5 years ago let alone from my first job, I'm no spring chicken,I'm 39 years old and have had a few jobs
              Last edited by NHall; 07-03-2018, 01:27 AM.

• Bauer
              Bauer commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats on the seat! I'm 30 so I'm not too awful far behind. Will this be your first job in law enforcement? (Would be for me if I make it)

• NHall
              NHall commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes it would be, I have had other opportunities to work as a Police officer but I declined those to focus on TPD, I recently just finished a police academy so I'm aware of what's in store

• Also, good luck Max! Would love to hear how the academy goes for you. Holding out hope for you too Sibberson. You're so close.

Comment

• Ssibbersen
              Ssibbersen commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Bauer! Good luck to everyone!!!!!

• I talked to my BI and she said the news story was wrong. The next class will start in May. Testing will take place from July 15th-September for those not using old NTN scores. You have to reapply on or after July 15th to get in the process. She also told me that the process will be almost exactly the same, except we will just have to do a background update. (I'm assuming that means just giving any info that occurred in 2018.

Just thought I would share.

Comment

• I scored in the 91st percentile on my ASVAB. I swore in today as an EOD recruit, I also will be getting a top secret clearance. Wish me luck, I ship out in August for basic. Save me a spot on TPD bomb squad! Also good luck to max and anyone else trying next round!

Comment

• Bauer
                Bauer commented
                Editing a comment
                I've always been interested but with kids, I was never able to commit to being away from them for basic, deployments, etc... just couldn't mentally come to terms with it.

• Adam2015
                Adam2015 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here Bauer! But, should our great nation need it, I will do my part. Best of luck DL and thank you for your services!

• DetroitLite
                DetroitLite commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you! I'll see you guys in four years. Lol

• DetroitLite
                DetroitLite commented
                Editing a comment
                Basic training was fun lol

• Anyone receive the results of their psych yet?

Comment

• Ssibbersen
                Ssibbersen commented
                Editing a comment
                Nope, waiting also.

• Bauer
                Bauer commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven't either. The doctor told me it's usually anywhere from a week to 2 weeks of waiting...just depends on how quickly TPD gets through it all. He said he sends them in pretty quickly after his last appointment. (I believe his last appointment was July 3rd)

• NHall
                NHall commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven't heard anything back about the physiological results, I would guess by this Friday we should hear, gotta give people time to put their 2 weeks in at a current employer, lol

• MaxRex33
                MaxRex33 commented
                Editing a comment
                I emailed HR yesterday for a tentative time frame to get the results. My job needs a definite answer whether or not I am accepted in order to post my job, and was told she "hopes" to send the results today.... I sincerely hope we get the answers today.

• Hopefully everyone has been doing push ups, the first month will be pushups,leg lifts, sit ups. They are gunna crush everyone. The first week will be a blur, has anyone ever thought about why they start the academy on a friday? I think they set up ride alongs over the weekend.

Comment

• MaxRex33
                MaxRex33 commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe the first day consists of lots of paperwork. Probably going over rules, academic procedures, guidelines... That's just want I think, I could be completely wrong.

• Yeah ur probably spot on MaxRex, don't forget getting yelled at, doing pushups lots and lots of pushups.

Comment

• MaxRex33
                MaxRex33 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm ready! Bring it on.... Hahahaha

• I went to get fitted today. Superior gave me the TPD hat, and tie even though I am an alternate. Not sure if I am in, or not.

Comment

• Bauer
                Bauer commented
                Editing a comment
                I went today and didn't get anything.

• MaxRex33
                MaxRex33 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok, now I'm really confused. I thought they gave all a hat and tie.

• Bauer
                Bauer commented
                Editing a comment
                To me, it sounds like they gave the alternates who slid up into academy spots the hat and tie. I must not have made it up high enough yet.

• Bauer
                Bauer commented
                Editing a comment
                Sibberson started a lot higher on the list than I did.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8422 users online. 454 members and 7968 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X