Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way that the BI that I interviewed with explained to me was that unless a person has automatic disqualifiers they get an opportunity to "explain" themselves to the appeals people prior to sitting for an oral board. As he stated the BI's don't assess the points, the civil service commission does. So my understanding from him is say a person was assessed 15 points which would be over the limit. The candidate comes in to appeal certain points in order to lower your points. This was verified by an officer on TPD that stated they had received 6 points on one issue from a job 15 years prior to their employment with TPD. They told me they did their appeal and had the points reduced and continued on. Maybe this helps some people or maybe someone else can explain better than I have. However, this is how it was explained to me from a couple officers within the department. Best of luck to all.

Comment

Well, I heard over the weekend that the backgrounds should be done and people will start getting called in for interviews at the end of July, early August. They are still working under the plan of having 50 start the academy in November. Just thought I would share what info I have!

Comment

Things are still rolling along. One of my neighbors showed me a letter that was on his door from a detective stating your neighbor is being considered for employment, and to contact them so they are for sure out in our neighborhoods inquiring about us. The waiting is the hardest part!

Comment

Oh boy, neighbors?! My neighbors don't know too much about me! Hopefully that isn't a bad thing! Also- I got a letter today about physical training sessions. They are offering 10 different times to go and learn more about the physical assessment and participate in a practice test! Glad that they are offering this!

Comment

As far as the neighbor contacts go, I haven't heard anything yet. But I did get a letter about the practice physicals. I wonder if everybody got one, or if that is some indication that one has passed the background. Either way - I just want to know!

Comment

When are they doing the practice physical assessments? I didn't receive a letterr about that today but the BI did go to my neighbors today..maybe ill receive a letter in the coming days! At least I hope so

Comment

7/11 1 and 6 pm
                7/13 8 am and 12 pm
                7/16 8 am and 11 pm (this might be 11 am, seems like a typo)
                7/18 8 am and 12 pm
                7/20 1 and 6 pm

Each will last about 3 hours and they will give a practice test as well.

Comment

That's fantastic that they have that available to the candidates. I would assume that the physical would be before the interviews then so maybe that will slim down the pool of candidates.

Comment

It doesn't sound like it. When I spoke to an officer over the weekend she still said that the physicals are after the interviews. And that they are planning on reviewing the info and picking for the interviews at the end of July. I think they are just doing this physical thing now so that people have a couple months to be sure they can hit all of the requirements.

Comment

• Well this stinks, I haven't received the letter that you guys are talking about for the practice physicals. Hopefully it just means the investigator doin my background hasn't sent them out yet. I guess I will just keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

• Yeah I recieved the letter for the practice physcial, the date of the letter was June 10 but it wasnt mailed out til June 21. But as far as I know, my employer still has not been contacted or my references. Was told the physcial will be done in august. Good luck everyone! I been wanting this career for a very long time!

Comment

• I also heard that backgrounds will be finished mid July. I also heard that this year the physicals are being done before interviews. I guess we will see.

Comment

• Just talked to my BI this morning... backgrounds are not completed yet and the physcial preassessement is not required. This test is just to show you what they are looking for during the physcial testing, "should you make it that far." So from my understanding if you got a letter it does not mean you passed your background. I heard that interviews will be in July and PT in august. Either way the academy starts in Nov so they have to get moving on it!

Comment

• Ha can finally post, my BI came by and talked to my wife and neighbors today, we've been told the same interviews in July and PT in August just wish time would go a little faster been waiting along time, what days are any of you going to the practice physical, good luck to all
                              They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

• Not sure what day I am going to the physical. I still havent done my work schedule but I am planning on going to one of the early afternoon sessions. I am not a morning person. According to the timeline the physical is after the interviews, so that would be my guess also. But who really knows, things seemed to be a little different this time around.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4762 users online. 303 members and 4459 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X