Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last full day of waiting.... nervous it could be over after all this waiting, anxious I could be headed to a new career and changing jobs for the first time. (not to mention getting the job I've always wanted to do)

I just wanna leave work, take a nap and wake up to Tuesday.
    The loudest one in the room is the weakest.

Comment

• davidhale
      davidhale commented
      Editing a comment
      Same. I've been meandering through life, going from job to job feeling incomplete. It has been quite some time since I've felt this way about a career path.

• MaxRex33
      MaxRex33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just wait til tomorrow, when your stomach drops with every call/ ding/ sound/ email you get on your phone...

• Here we go...it'll be a short day for some. And a long one for others. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• You too man. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything.

Comment

• 1:00

Nothing this way, call or email.

Comment

• davidhale
          davidhale commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. Quite the day.

• Bauer
          Bauer commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe we can take comfort in the fact no one has reported anything. (even if there's only 4-5 of us) and that we haven't gotten an email yet. I was told everyone gets an email with their interview score or something. So if we get that and no call sometime soon after, maybe then it's time to worry.

• Me either.........

Comment

• Maybe final decision's are still being made? They did say dates are subject to change...

Comment

• Bauer
            Bauer commented
            Editing a comment
            Could be. I talked to someone who used to be involved in the selection of candidates and he said sometimes the chief and the committee or panel (whatever word he used) would be at ends on some candidates. I wouldn't think the date would change for calls, but it could definitely delay the calls if they still do it the same way.

• Looking back at the posts from other times, calls came in later in the day. So I'm not sweating too much. Maybe around 4 I'll get anxious .

Comment

• Radio silence over here too.

Comment

• I received a call, I'm an alternate.

Comment

• DetroitLite
                DetroitLite commented
                Editing a comment
                Okay, now I'm concerned.

• Bauer
                Bauer commented
                Editing a comment
                Wonder if that means the end for the rest of us. I know I said never to assume, but I can't help but feel like the alternates would be the last to get the call.

• Ssibbersen
                Ssibbersen commented
                Editing a comment
                She said I will get an email by the end of the day, was not sure what alternate number I was.

• I emailed HR to ask if all calls have been made. I'll let you know if I get a response.

Comment

• All calls have been made. Good luck Sibberson.

Comment

• davidhale
                  davidhale commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, good luck Sibberson.

• Ssibbersen
                  Ssibbersen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you guys. I so sorry to those of you who didn't get a call, I know this has been a long draining process.

• DetroitLite
                  DetroitLite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good luck, hope for the best for you!

• I'm thinking about just joining the military at this point. Any thoughts?

Comment

• davidhale
                  davidhale commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hell, I don't even know what to do with myself. Do what feels right for you.

• Bauer
                  Bauer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My best advice is to not do anything right away. Let it sit and process it. The LAST thing you want to do is commit 4-5 years of your life to something that isn't right for you, just because you're upset/lost after this. Take some time to yourself...no one knows what's right for you, but you. If that's what interests you, maybe go talk to some friends or family who have recently been in the military. Recruiters can be dangerous..remember...it's their job to get you to sign up. lol

If that's thre route you go, maybe you become military police and then transition into a police job on the outside when you get out.

Good luck in your searching. I wish all of you the best. I'll probably monitor this page off and on to see if Sibberson gets in and to see if you guys are still around.

As for me, I'll just continue on at the job I've had basically my entire adult life. It's not what I want to do forever, but I won't leave it for the first thing that pops up. Not to mention, for a guy with no education, it'll be hard to find another job that will compensate me the same way. The police officer position was just more of a dream job I guess. Wasn't about salary. I REALLY wanted it.
                  Last edited by Bauer; 06-13-2018, 07:34 AM.

• DetroitLite
                  DetroitLite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Bauer, I can see where I phrased it wrong. I am slightly upset but I knew this was the mostlikly outcome so I mentally prepared myself. I've always wanted to join the Army but I've always found a way to talk myself out of it. Just about year and half ago I was talking to recruiters about being a MP. I think it's one of those things where I got to say F it and just do it. I'm also only 21 so I'll have plenty of time to start a career as a police officer after serving. I'm definitely go to give it some time because I saw that you just got offered an alternate.

• I know how you guys are feeling right now. I know it all too well, being thru this twice before. One single piece of advice, Don't give up! If this is truly your dream and what you want to do as a career, then try again! The waiting sucks, yes.. but this one time should not break you. Next time you'll know what to expect.

Comment

• So they ended up offering me a spot as an alternate. Not sure how or why, but I'm thankful. Still alive.

Comment

• Ssibbersen
                    Ssibbersen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maxx,are you an alternate?

• MaxRex33
                    MaxRex33 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, I'm not an alternate. I received my offer yesterday around 2:30, was not expecting to get a call at all. But am excited, this was my third and final attempt and got it.

• Ssibbersen
                    Ssibbersen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow, way to go Maxx!!!!!

• Bauer
                    Bauer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good job, Max. Had a feeling you might have just been a little tough on yourself for that interview. It's hard not to pick apart everything when you get no feedback.

• I'm still curious about getting the interview results, they are supposed to email them.

Comment

• Bauer
                    Bauer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I thought everyone was going to get them on Tuesday. I felt good about not receiving mine at the time because I figured that meant calling was still going on. I'm confused on whether we get them or not, and when if we do.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10999 users online. 517 members and 10482 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X