Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got an interview email today as well. I'm scheduled for Monday.

Comment

• The exercise that we are supposed to take the interview looks like it should be hand written? Thoughts?

Comment

• Future_OSHP
        Future_OSHP commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm planning on typing the exercise and writing it out. I didn't see anywhere in the email that said we had to hand write it out but it does say written exercise so I wasn't sure. I don't have the best handwriting and I want to make sure they can actually read what I put on the paper haha. If they want the handwritten version I'll have that with me too.

• Ssibbersen
        Ssibbersen commented
        Editing a comment
        There are 17 printes lines, so I am assuming they want it hand written within the allowed space provided.

• Future_OSHP
        Future_OSHP commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah you're right. After looking it over again, hand written seems to be implied.

• Bauer
        Bauer commented
        Editing a comment
        What's the exercise?

• Just got an appeal time for next Wednesday. I wonder if your appeal is granted right on the spot and if they slot you into an interview time right then and there. I may call to find out. I'd like to be prepared.
      The loudest one in the room is the weakest.

Comment

• davidhale
        davidhale commented
        Editing a comment
        My appeal date is Thursday morning. Best of luck to you.

• Ssibbersen
        Ssibbersen commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the letter said if you pass the appeal they will assign at interview at that time.

• Bauer
        Bauer commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks David.

I talked to the HR lady. She said you will get a letter while in waiting shortly after your appeal. It will tell you if anything has changed. At that time, if your appeal was successful, you will select an interview time slot (for another day.) Sounds like you are picking from what is left because she told me since I was the very first appeal, I would have 1st pick on times if I made it.

• davidhale
        davidhale commented
        Editing a comment
        Best of luck to you today, Bauer.

• Alright guys, the time is upon us. We have been waiting, and waiting... This next week will determine who's in, good luck to all at your interviews, and appeals..

Comment

• davidhale
        davidhale commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, good luck to everyone. There are many applying but I hope we all meet each other in July when the academy starts.

• Just wanted to give a last good luck to everyone as well. This is probably corny, but it's definitely sincere... I'm wishing you all the best. If that means we get in together, that would be great...if it means it's one of you that gets a spot over me, it's all good and I'm happy for you. Whatever happens will happen. I think it would be cool for people to continue to post if they get in so others can kind of follow along and hear what everything is like. I know I would be interested. I'll definitely try to if I get the call as well.

Time to break out the suits and go get my haircut... I'm definitely gonna try to at least look better than you! lol

Comment

• I had my interview this morning. Good luck everyone. Just remember to stay calm and don't stress over the questions. Now to wait for the call next week.

Comment

• Future_OSHP
          Future_OSHP commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah definitely, the wait is pretty tough. Although since I've been waiting to get into the highway patrol academy for over a year the TPD process feels like it's flying by comparatively. Good luck with the appeal man. You'll have to update us on how it goes..

• Bauer
          Bauer commented
          Editing a comment
          Wonder if they Re-Disqualify me if I run out of the office with my letter screaming "I'm going to Hollywood!" in the event of a successful appeal.

• Future_OSHP
          Future_OSHP commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha I bet that would be a first for them.

• Bauer
          Bauer commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't scream I'm going to Hollywood while running out of the office...... I know the suspense was probably getting to be pretty rough.

• Had my interview today. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Sat right in front of the chief of police. I made them laugh so hopefully that means I did good.

Comment

• The panel unanimously voted to remove all areas of rejection for me. I have my interview with the chief/board tomorrow AM. Living to fight another day. lol

Comment

• Ssibbersen
            Ssibbersen commented
            Editing a comment
            I am glad that you are still in Bauer. The interview was not that bad!

• MaxRex33
            MaxRex33 commented
            Editing a comment
            Bauer, did you receive an email from HR today after your appeal? I have a friend who had their appeal today and the woman who gave the paper with results stated that she is sending out an email with confirmation of interview time. Hasn't received one yet tho

• Bauer
            Bauer commented
            Editing a comment
            I just got on here to tell you all that I didn't receive an email until about 7:00 tonight and just happened to check it before getting ready for bed. I am currently at work doing the writing assignment (10pm) that has to be completely finished before my 8:30 interview tomorrow on the form they provided. (siiiiiiighhhhh...thank you for that one HR lady. lol)

• Adam2015
            Adam2015 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahaha hey, atleast you checked it!, good luck today let us know how it goes!

• Waiting to hear if my appeal passed is more nerve wracking than the actual hearing....

Comment

• davidhale
            davidhale commented
            Editing a comment
            Passed my appeal. They removed both areas of rejections and the 18 points I had. Interview is tomorrow.

• Bauer
            Bauer commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats man. Good to hear.

• Future_OSHP
            Future_OSHP commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice job. Good luck with the interview.

• Had my interview today. I wouldn't say it's brutal, but it's pretty tough. Not your typical interview. (which I'm sure no one thought it would be) They have very clear and concise instructions and rules on how you answer things and there's a fair amount of pressure for sure. All in all, not too bad, but if you aren't so good at thinking on your toes and then articulating answers quickly, it may be a tough challenge.

Good luck to anyone who's got one ahead of them. I'll be waiting for Tuesday! Whatever happens, I feel like I did all I could and have no regrets on answers or how I handled myself through this long process and that's really all I can ask for. I'm at peace with it either way.

Comment

• Adam2015
            Adam2015 commented
            Editing a comment
            Only thing you can do buddy, I am sure you knocked it out the park

• Bauer
            Bauer commented
            Editing a comment
            I did later realize one obvious mistake I made, but I'm hoping it's not really a big deal. lol

• MaxRex33
            MaxRex33 commented
            Editing a comment
            I can say that without a doubt I let my nerves get the best of me in the interview.I didn't give my best performance, and fully expect not to receive a call. I've been through this before and knew what I needed to do, but it did not happen. I truly hope you all make the cut and show Toledo what you guys are made of!! Make us proud guys!!

• Bauer
            Bauer commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, hopefully you're being a little hard on yourself or the panel will see through the nerves and grade your answers accordingly. Still wishing you good luck, don't count yourself out until it's over.

• Interview wasn't too bad. I gave the best answers I could to the formal questions and explained and answered the personal questions the Chief had for me. Now to stew over it all for the weekend!

Comment

• So now that the interviews are done, anyone feel up to chatting about it?
            They said everyone gets asked the same questions. Which ones were easy for you? The hardest?
            The traffic stop with the man filming was the easiest to answer for me. In hindsight, the one with the neighbor who had a shovel wasn't my best.

Comment

• MaxRex33
              MaxRex33 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm down to chat about my horrific display of an interview .. to me I felt like the partner wanting McDonald's before heading to the 911 call was a catch 22 question. No matter how I would answer I'm either not doing my job or if I contact supervisor I'm a rat... Double edge sword to me

• davidhale
              davidhale commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't believe in "the rat" idea, to a degree. No one likes a tattle tail, but policing is different. Accountability is a huge focus now, so reporting to your supervisor regarding something unethical or questionable isn't an issue to me.
              That question wasn't too hard for me, I just hope my answer was aligned with what they wanted to hear.

• MaxRex33
              MaxRex33 commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with you davidhale, accountability is a huge part of the job. In some way I wished we had a better opportunity to show the board who we are, to me it's difficult to open up and be me, when my nerves are taking over. Or maybe more personal questions, give a better insight... But what's done is done

• Bauer
              Bauer commented
              Editing a comment
              The McDonald’s one, I didn’t think about telling a supervisor until after. I basically said I would tell then a dangerous situation is always our priority and there would be time to eat later and that I wouldn’t accept anything other than us responding to that call first.

The mudhens one I felt like was my best answer. I said that I assumed as a cadet I had no authority over anyone anywhere being that I am not a sworn in police officer.. I also said that even if I were an officer, that man doesn’t sound like he’s breaking the law, but maybe more so the rules of the facility. If I felt he was getting out of line, I would contact stadium security and then eventually tell my friend that it’s inappropriate for him to ever use my stature that way in public whether I’m a cadet or police officer.

The one about the guy filming me I think I answered well, but I thought of some good things I could have added.

The shovel one was probably my worst one. I think I pretty much said I would assess the situation quickly.. deciding whether or not the man was intending on using the shovel as a weapon or if he just happened to have a shovel because he was using it in his yard.. I would deescalate the arguing, separate them and tell the shovel guy to please set the shovel down, stand in an area that isn’t near the man I’m talking to, and that I would be with him to get his story momentarily.

Who knows what all they’re looking for. I was happy with some of my answers and unsure of others. I can’t stop thinking about it, that’s for sure.

• The last question really threw me off, the mudhens one. I'm not fully sure what response they were looking for.

Comment

• DetroitLite
              DetroitLite commented
              Editing a comment
              That's the only question I would slightly change my answer if given a do over.

• Adam2015
              Adam2015 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am curious, what exactly was the question?

• Bauer
              Bauer commented
              Editing a comment
              (paraphrasing obviously)

"You're at a Mud hens game. A man is yelling profanities at players and appears to be intoxicated. Your friend taps him on the shoulder and tells him he needs to stop and that you are a cadet for TPD. What do you do?"

• I am so curious to know how many people were left in the process to pick from.

Comment

• Looks like you all are heading in the right direction, happy to see positivity, good luck with the rest of the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5088 users online. 227 members and 4861 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X