X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChicagoDream82
    replied
    Originally posted by opiey77 View Post
    Chicago Dream82 you are correct about failing part of the steps like psych and medical , but some applicants have been through background and oral interviews and did not make it to the next step for the reason they only took 44 people. If you made to oral interview and did not get selected doesnt mean your out of the next process, you are put on a alternate list in case some people drops out before or fails a test. So you could still move on during the next hiring process!

Yes opiey77 you are right about applicants that have been through background and oral interviews and did not make it to the the next step for the reason they only took 44 people. Those applicants would absolutley go ahead of anybody with a rank # between 299-587. Its just that I thought there were no applicants left between 1-298 who are still waiting for the psych and medical. I believe there is a recruit in the current academy with a rank # between 280-298, so that would mean the City probably went through the top 298 for the current academy class. Also if I am wrong, and there are still applicants with a rank # between 1-298 who went thorugh background and oral interviews and are still waiting for the next steps, then those applicants with a rank # between 500-587 might not even get processed and then the list would then expire. opiey77 do you know how far down the list the City went when they called the applicants today?

Leave a comment:

• opiey77
    replied
    Phone calls also have begun as of today, some applicants I know received calls today. They have not been through any of the processes yet! It takes awhile to do background process!

Leave a comment:

• opiey77
    replied
    Chicago Dream82 you are correct about failing part of the steps like psych and medical , but some applicants have been through background and oral interviews and did not make it to the next step for the reason they only took 44 people. If you made to oral interview and did not get selected doesnt mean your out of the next process, you are put on a alternate list in case some people drops out before or fails a test. So you could still move on during the next hiring process!

Leave a comment:

• ChicagoDream82
    replied
    Originally posted by opiey77 View Post
    I believe even if u have been through the process last time you are still in this process. They are going to start processing more applicants for the reason of people getting disqualified. So if u have been through dont worry to much. I was told that they always want to take the applicants with best test scores first. Good luck to all!

Umm, no opiey77 I think you might be wrong. When it comes to the hiring process for the Toledo Police Department or any other Police Department for that matter, a applicant needs to be successful in all steps of the hiring process. So those applicants with a rank # between 1-298 that were not sucessful in the hiring process are disqualified. Meaning if you failed the physical fitness, background, oral interview, psych or medical then those applicants are disqualifed.That means the only way those applicants can get hired is to wait for the next TPD written exam. The 40 recruits that start on September 1 2012 will have a rank # between 299-587. We have been waiting 18 months to get processed in the remaining steps of the hiring process. Has anyone with a rank # between 299-587 been contacted yet? Any updates Rwrobel? Have any phones calls gone out yet brother?
    Last edited by ChicagoDream82; 02-07-2012, 05:40 PM. Reason: spellling

Leave a comment:

• opiey77
    replied
    I believe even if u have been through the process last time you are still in this process. They are going to start processing more applicants for the reason of people getting disqualified. So if u have been through dont worry to much. I was told that they always want to take the applicants with best test scores first. Good luck to all!

Leave a comment:

• ChicagoDream82
    replied
    Originally posted by Rwrobel View Post
    I am pretty sure they will look at everyone, they will have to if they want to get 40 people. They went through 300 to get 30 last year and there are only 582 on the list. I learned that phone calls will be made to the people they are looking at starting next week. Does anyone know what the credit requirement are?
    Well I read about what is going on as far as crime in Toledo every day online. I was very excited when I read a few days ago the Toledo City Council approved the 2012 budget. So instead of a class of 30 recruits starting in December, City Council approved for a class of 40 recruits to start in September. Yes Rwrobel you are right all the remaining applicants that passed the written exam on August 22 2010 will get processed for the academy in September. It is very comforting to know that the list will not expire before we get processed. According to Human Resources the City processed the top 298 applicants and hired 44 recruits that started the academy November 15 2011. According to the Toledo Blade the class now has 40 recruits left in the academy. There is a total of 587 applicants that passed the test and are on the eligibility list. So applicants with rank of 1 through 298 were processed and 44 hired. Which means 14.8% of the applicants were hired. There are now 289 applicants left and the City will hire 40.

Leave a comment:

• Rwrobel
    replied
    I am pretty sure they will look at everyone, they will have to if they want to get 40 people. They went through 300 to get 30 last year and there are only 582 on the list. I learned that phone calls will be made to the people they are looking at starting next week. Does anyone know what the credit requirement are?

Leave a comment:

• cleveland6
    replied
    Thanks, I appreciate it. My only concern would be that I was already processed, went through everything all the way up to interview and was not selected. I have made myself more of a viable candidate since then. But I figure they will just start with the next band of candidates and skip over the people that weren't selected? who knows

Leave a comment:

• webbie1502
    replied
    Yes, they will be taking from the last test. I will try to keep you up to date if I hear any more info that doesn't make the news

Leave a comment:

• cleveland6
    replied
    I hope everyone in the current class is doing well in their training. For anyone else who is curious, Toledo city council approved the budget last night to include a police class of 40 cadets starting September 1 this fall. This is great news. Assumably they will use the recruits from the last police test correct? I wonder if they will have another test or not.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4830 users online. 217 members and 4613 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X