Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have two areas of rejection but I admitted to them. I guess I'll see what the appeal process does.

Comment

• I'm in as well.

Good luck with the appeals. From what it looks like in the past, as long as it's nothing major, most people seem to make it through appeals.

Comment

• I hope the appeals process goes well. ALL my points are from one previous employer and the HR woman there did NOT like me. I'm thinking of contacting my supervisor there and having him write a letter showing he was aware and could clear me of all these "infractions" against me. The appeals court criteria said they'll overturn points if I can show the assessment team didn't have all the information when determining points.

Comment

• Future_OSHP
          Future_OSHP commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang that's too bad. Hopefully the letter clears things up.

• Sorry to hear about some of the situations. I received 5 points total, I was given 4 points for a writeup at my job. I accdently scratched a work vehicle, resulting in a written reprimand. I was surprised that 4 points were issued for that.

Comment

• Future_OSHP
          Future_OSHP commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah my only points were from a verbal reprimand at a previous job. I was surprised they gave so many points for that as well. Luckily that's all I had but I can see how people get to 12 points so easily.

• Being in this process before, I also have needed the appeal process in order to continue. So what do expect when you go, it will go very fast! Be prepared to plead your case, work out what you are going to say, and be honest. There will be 3 members of the board and several members of TPD in the room when you go in. They may ask a question or two so be ready for anything! Once done they will take you to another room while you wait to see if points or rejections are removed. You will receive a paper stating if they were removed or not.

Comment

• Future_OSHP
          Future_OSHP commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you happen to know how they rate everyone from here on out on the eligiblity list for the academy? The email today made it sound like everyone will be on even ground after appeals.

• MaxRex33
          MaxRex33 commented
          Editing a comment
          Everyone that has 12 or less points with no rejections is in the running. Your # according to the test used to be taken into consideration but not anymore. Truly it's the interview that is the deciding factor as far as who moves on. They need a decent size to continue because some will not pass the medial, psych test, or the 2nd PT test.

• I think I may have looked at mine wrong, if I have a star next to something, that' means it's an automatic exclusion? I have a star next to a civil suit that was resolved, got one point for it.

Comment

• MaxRex33
          MaxRex33 commented
          Editing a comment
          You can a "rejection" for just about anything... Appeal it! Just tell them what happened, and that it is resolved. Nobody is perfect! We have all made mistakes...

• Should there be a star in the rejection column? Mine actually has two stars next to the civil suit. Right above my total points of has a * Automatic exclusion from the process.

Comment

• MaxRex33
          MaxRex33 commented
          Editing a comment
          I honestly have no idea yours has 2 stars, you can always email your BI and ask, but they will probably say just do the appeal....

• Mine has a Star next to it in the rejection column. From what I gather that means we are DQ’d unless we appeal.
        The loudest one in the room is the weakest.

Comment

• It says I have no rejections, and I don't have a star in that column. I just have 2 stars next to that debt, and above my points it says *automatic exclusion. I will just call Tuesday.

Comment

• Are we supposed to set a date for an oral board interview, or are we getting assigned dates?

Comment

• MaxRex33
              MaxRex33 commented
              Editing a comment
              Since this round is completely different than the others I'm not totally sure. Last time we received emails giving the date and times of interviews and appeals if needed. Keep an eye out for the email

• Ssibbersen
              Ssibbersen commented
              Editing a comment
              From my understanding, they will email us a date/time.

• I clarified that I did pass the background, I do not need to appeal. I am releaved.

Comment

• DetroitLite
              DetroitLite commented
              Editing a comment
              That's great news!

• Ssibbersen
              Ssibbersen commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you! Good luck everybody, I hope the best for each of you!

• Bauer
              Bauer commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats! Happy to hear that.

• Ssibbersen
              Ssibbersen commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Bauer!

• I sent in my appeal letter, requesting an in person hearing. Haven't heard anything back yet. Hoping to hear something in the next day or so.

Comment

• davidhale
              davidhale commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here. They should be figuring out the dates and times. I first sent in my form on Friday and I forgot to sign it! Sent it in again and got a confirmation; that happened yesterday.

• Bauer
              Bauer commented
              Editing a comment
              I never got a confirmation.... hmm

• Bauer
              Bauer commented
              Editing a comment
              I just sent another email asking for confirmation.

• I sent another email asking for confirmation and got a response. Sounds like he may have just forgotten to confirm. He did let me know that once the appeals schedule is set, I will be receiving a date and time via email. So as usual, monitor your email and wait for instruction.

Comment

• MaxRex33
              MaxRex33 commented
              Editing a comment
              Most likely the emails will go out Friday for appeals and interview times.

• I received an email just before noon, interview Tuesday 415 pm.

Comment

• I got an email with my interview time. Monday at 3:15pm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6630 users online. 278 members and 6352 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X