Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My boss walked up to me yesterday and shook his fist at me, he said he received a packet from TPD. I used to work for my brother in law and he too said he received a packet.
    I all of a sudden, feel pretty good about everything.

Comment

• Bauer
      Bauer commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not looking forward to the conversation I will inevitably be having with my boss when he finds out.

• davidhale
      davidhale commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't want to tell my boss because my work seems like the type of place that would just let me go if I told them about this. He seemed okay about it, I'm good at what I do and he knows he'll lose a good worker if I'm accepted into the academy.

• Bauer
      Bauer commented
      Editing a comment
      That's kind of where I'm at with it. I'm in management at the World Headquarters of a company. I don't think one of the execs I work under cares for me all that much because we're very different both personally and in the way we do things.. he was pretty unfair and kind of a jerk during my last negotiation when I was promoted. I think he'd be pretty ****ed, but I'm confident in the work I've done and my track record should help me avoid serious backlash. I've been here for 11 years. (since I was 19)

• I can tell you guys that I myself have not told my boss, on the other hand our HR rep does know.. She will be the one to receive and complete the paperwork. I was hesitant to tell my previous boss of 15 year's that I was an applicant for the academy but I'm was glad I did, she provided an excellent letter of recommendation for me. (This was for my 1st time round )It's a catch 22 no matter what you do..

Comment

• My boss gave me a raise today...

Comment

• MaxRex33
        MaxRex33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow!! Congrats,it's always nice to receive a raise!! .... Did your boss say why? I say that with the utmost respect, but didn't he just receive your TPD paperwork? I'm taking it as he values you as an employee and doesn't want you to leave...

• davidhale
        davidhale commented
        Editing a comment
        I was confused by it. When I was paged to go to his office, I was certain it was regarding the police stuff and that he might let me go. This job isn't hard (factory work) and it's essentially a revolving door for employees. I've been here since July and have seen so many people come and go and people return then leave! It's why I assumed they'd just fire me, I'm really just cog in the work machine.

• Bauer
        Bauer commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats! I just got one as well but it's a little different here. We get yearly increases. I did get 3% more than what's typical though. As far as I know, no one has been contacted yet though. Bosses..references.. no one has told me about anything.

• Another month down! Another month to wait (hopefully not tho). This should be the time where they start wrapping up the BG checks, and start calling references, family, etc.

Comment

• Bauer
        Bauer commented
        Editing a comment
        I told my wife, I must have a trusting face since they haven't called any of my references yet. lol

• MaxRex33
        MaxRex33 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's just the calm before the storm Bauer.... It's crunch time, and people will be contacted soon enough...

• Another week..no references contacted yet. Anyone else hear anything from theirs?
      The loudest one in the room is the weakest.

Comment

• davidhale
        davidhale commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing yet...

• MaxRex33
        MaxRex33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing on my end... I wouldn't be surprised if they waited til after Memorial Day to make contact. Class isn't set to start til the end of July. But that is subject to change of course.

• Future_OSHP
        Future_OSHP commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing here either.

• Looks like I can finally post on here!!!

Comment

• Im also in the waiting process. The only thing that I have heard is that my work was contacted about a month ago. My BI said we probably would not hear anything back until the end of May/beginning of June. Backgrounds have to be complete by May 31st.

Comment

• MaxRex33
          MaxRex33 commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to the waiting club! Is this your first time in this process?

• I took the written test like 7 years ago, and did not do well. Other than that, yes.

Comment

• MaxRex33
          MaxRex33 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wish you the best of luck, I know we all are waiting patiently for the BI results, and ultimately the next phase...

• Ssibbersen
          Ssibbersen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

• I emailed my BI, he said the checks are done and that HR will assess everything and we should keep an eye for their email after Memorial Day.

Comment

• MaxRex33
          MaxRex33 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder if references will be called after the interview or appeals... Or not at all.... This time around is completely different than my last time doing this...

• Ssibbersen
          Ssibbersen commented
          Editing a comment
          That is possible, although during my background interview my bi said do these references know that I will be calling them? He said to make sure they had a heads up, so he is able to contact them. It makes me wonder if I received to many points, although I do not have any criminal, or traffic record.

• Bauer
          Bauer commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't sweat it Sibberson. I don't have any traffic violations in the last 7 years or anything on my criminal record as an adult outside of a speeding ticket 8 years ago and none of my references were contacted either. (as of today)

• Ssibbersen
          Ssibbersen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Bauer, that makes me feel a little better!

• Try to stay away from assuming and drawing conclusions to things on your own. 99% of the time they'll be negative thoughts. Just assume no news is no news. Stay the course everyone! Almost there!

Comment

• Ssibbersen
          Ssibbersen commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, trying!

• I'm glad I found this forum, I was starting to worry. As of now none of my references have been contacted either.

Comment

• Originally posted by DetroitLite View Post
          I'm glad I found this forum, I was starting to worry. As of now none of my references have been contacted either.
          Pretty strange. But, like Rex said, they must be doing things differently. I know when I talked to my BI, she told me class is the first to see all of these changes in the process and that they aren't entirely sure how things were going to go. At this point, I'm just checking my email a couple times a day to make sure I don't miss anything. From the sounds of things we should be hearing something in the next 17 days or less. (hopefully for our sanity it's closer to 10. lol)

Comment

• Bauer
            Bauer commented
            Editing a comment
            Didn't think they'd catch you spitting out that gum on the sidewalk in 3rd grade?

• MaxRex33
            MaxRex33 commented
            Editing a comment
            4th grade Bauer!!! The 1989 gum incident was highly publicize, and I was under much scrutiny for said incident... But in my defense we all know Fruit Stripe gum flavor lasts about 30 seconds... If I knew this would follow me all these years I would of just swallowed the gum..... Lol....

• Bauer
            Bauer commented
            Editing a comment
            haha...I don't know... being a frequent gum swallower sounds like a worse offense than a 1 time spit out on the cement. I'd be questioning who you are as a person for sure.

• MaxRex33
            MaxRex33 commented
            Editing a comment
            Swallowing gum is definitely a worse offense in my book. It was a huge epidemic back then, I believe Geraldo Rivera had a big 5 part series covering this problem... Lol

• I just got an email with my background results. Im still in!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ssibbersen View Post
            I just got an email with my background results. Im still in!!!!
            So did I! I got two points for a speeding ticket that's it!!

Comment

• I only had 2 things on mine from when I was 14 years old (16 years ago) but it was an automatic rejection for failing to present them to the background investigator. I'll have to appeal it looks like. I would imagine it won't be too hard. I honestly just didn't even think of it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9275 users online. 397 members and 8878 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X