Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theirs actually quite a bit of departments that make you go the full minute. It' no biggy just breath and pace yourself, my biggest hurdle was always the situps. Good job to those who have passed up to this point. I'll be there Friday at 4pm to get it done.

Comment

• I watched the video and then did a practice run making sure I complied with the way that was shown. I didn't have a problem with the situps, but admittedly I was feeling fatigued about 40 seconds into the pushups. I can do the number required no problem, but doing them the full minute was a challenge. I guess if they allow you to rest in the up position, I could "bleed some clock" once I hit my number. lol
      The loudest one in the room is the weakest.

Comment

• At least you're practicing and know what to expect .When the officers asked us if we knew what numbers we needed to achieve, one guy actually said no.
        Just pace yourself and ignore what the others do.

Comment

• Bauer
          Bauer commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I'm prepared for the background checks to take a while because I THINK they wait until they're all complete before notifying anyone. Although I'd love for this thing to go week by week, I think that down time might put me at ease a little bit. My record is pretty squeaky clean aside from a couple of minor incidents as a juvenile (16 years ago) and a speeding ticket 7 years ago. So even if I DQ for some reason, I'm confident my appeal would go through. Interviews don't bother me either. The only thing I'd get a little on edge for after that is the psych test maybe because I don't know what it really entails. I'm hopeful that getting through the background and fitness tests are the biggest hurdles left for me though honestly. I'd imagine as long as I don't make a complete *** out of myself, my test score should have me in fairly good standing, but who knows. Would be pretty cool if all of us here made it though. lol

• davidhale
          davidhale commented
          Editing a comment
          It would be cool if the few of us here did make it.

My background officer said the appeals court is very liberal and as long as you have a reasonable explanation, they'll give you a pass.

• Bauer
          Bauer commented
          Editing a comment
          Bet you're feeling like a weight is gone just being through another step.

I meant to ask you, are there visible timers for any of the 3 exercises or do you just go till they say stop on the situps and pushups, and then go till you finish your run and hope you made it?
          Last edited by Bauer; 02-05-2018, 02:37 PM.

• davidhale
          davidhale commented
          Editing a comment
          There were no visual timers for any step. An officer would count for you or tell you a rep was no good and another would tell you 30 sec and then 10 sec as the minute passed. For the run, an officer would call out your time and lap number as you ran.

• Well I had to reschedule my test a day earlier so, the 8th at 4pm. If any of you are there then I'll see you guys then. 2 hr. Drive there for me too lol.

Comment

• No matter what, try not to stress about this whole process. Ultimately in the end it's up to them on who they take. Be yourself, be honest, give it your all... If not chosen this time you have another opportunity with the next round.

Comment

• I agree 100%. Also make sure you guys are applying tonother places, don' just settle for one place.

Comment

• Anybody coming up to the test tomorrow should probably plan on adding some time to your commute. We're supposed to be getting some pretty heavy snow in the Toledo area tonight and tomorrow. Just thought I would give those who weren't aware a heads up.

Comment

• Well I dropped out of the process, had some things come up and my vehicle is pooping out on me, one of those things. Just take it for what it is and try again another time. I'm still in Columbus and Franklin process so if any of you are in that let me know where you'e at and I will also keep following along to see who all makes it in Toledo. Good luck to you all!

Comment

• davidhale
                  davidhale commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you.

• Adam2015
                  Adam2015 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks buddy, it is what it is man, wasnt meant to be yet. Best of luck to you as well and keep me in the loop!

• MaxRex33
                  MaxRex33 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Best of luck in Cbus and Franklin..

• Good luck man.

Comment

• Hey future_oshp, you posted you had your test on the 10th. How did it go?

Comment

• Future_OSHP
                    Future_OSHP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It went good. I passed everything and signed up for background. I was surprised only a little over half of the people who signed up for the time slot I was in showed up.

• davidhale
                    davidhale commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good job on passing. I'm surprised to hear that that many people didn't show.

• Future_OSHP
                    Future_OSHP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks. Yeah I definitely didn't expect that amount of no shows.

• So far from the sounds of a couple experiences, this field could be pretty narrow by the time we get to interviews.

Comment

• I didn't mention that during my test that some didn't show as well. If that's a trend, it's giving us a bigger chance.

Comment

• Lol id say its great news for all of you, i hope you guys get it.

Comment

• Just got back from my PT. (Passed) 6 of our 10 moved onto backgrounds.

Comment

• Don't forget your follow up to-do list! I let getting fingerprinted slip! I still have time, just forgot.
                          I've got my follow-up background meeting this Friday. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Bauer
                            Bauer commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah, I decided just to go downtown right after my test and get finger printed. Then yesterday I went and got a birth certificate because I couldn't find mine and also stopped by my high school to get my transcripts.

Some words of wisdom to those who may need it.

1- Bring change with you when you go downtown. You're likely going to have to use a parking meter and don't want a ticket just before your background check gets underway. lol

2-Getting your finger prints done takes all of about 10 minutes. You walk into the building, sign in, take the elevator up, show ID and get them scanned. Simple as that.

3- If you need a birth certificate, it's like $25 ($28ish if you use a debit card) You only need an ID and it take about 10 minutes to get, if that. The place is on N.Erie right down the way from the police station. I think it's the department of health building. (Free parking there btw)

4- If you physically get your HS transcripts, make SURE they put them in an envelope and stamp it over the seal once shut. Your BI will not accept them if it isn't presented that way. They don't want you to have an opportunity to tamper.

Good luck everyone!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8257 users online. 409 members and 7848 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X