Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven’t looked at the background paperwork, but yeah.. heard it’s a pain.
    The loudest one in the room is the weakest.

Comment

• Don't worry about the test or what # you are. They do anywhere from 200-250 and more as people drop out or are disqualified. When it comes to the BG check, of you are like me and are older start racking your brain and remember ALL jobs you have had. Also look yourself up on Toledo Municipal Court, Lucas County ( any city/ county) you have lived in, to make sure you don't leave out any traffic, criminal, civil issues that you may not know about, cause they will find it.

Comment

• Thanks Max, I appreciate that.

Comment

• Try not to stress about this too much. Just be truthful and honest with the questions asked. You will have an opportunity to explain everything on the BG check. In the end it's up to the commission on who gets in. Best of luck to all!

Comment

• Adam2015
            Adam2015 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same to you, and yeah I have pretty much have everything already done. When doing these, save your info so you don't have to keep scratching your heads. Makes it a lot easier.

• Man, I’m just wondering how I’m gonna get employment dates and stuff from jobs I worked at when I was 16. (I’m 30 now lol)

Comment

• Future_OSHP
            Future_OSHP commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm in the same boat as you. In backgrounds for other agencies I've applied for, they have all just wanted as much info as possible. There are a few jobs from when I was in highschool that I can only remember the year and a general timeframe and they have all been ok with that. Just make sure you let your BI know you don't know the exact dates. You might be able to hold off on putting the dates down for those jobs and ask what you should do during the orientation meeting after the physical fitness test.

• Thanks Future. I figured they’re probably not too worried about it and I doubt they’re going to call little caesars to see what my work history was like 14 years ago as a 16 year old. Lol Obviously I want to fill it out as best I can though.

i have a speeding ticket I have to try and get info on as well. Don’t remember the month/date or city it was in as I was on my way back to Toledo from Cedar point about 6 years ago and got pulled over. (Also have a couple of incidents as a juvenile that I have no idea what the dates where. (Not even 100% sure on the year honestly)

Comment

• Dont over think it bud lol. Mon. And year typically are good or worst case figure what year it happened and give them that, it narrows it down a little more. Work history isn' just about work ethic, it's also about your character and whether or not you have had disciplinary issues, accountability, all of that. But, like oshp stated above, if you'e unsure about something, leave it blank and ask at the orientation.

Comment

• I actually located my previous BG results and to be honest it was kinda comical.. granted it was well over 4 yrs ago but I did get a laugh out of it. It was amazing on how many points I was given (45) and they removed all but 12, and kept on in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxRex33 View Post
                I actually located my previous BG results and to be honest it was kinda comical.. granted it was well over 4 yrs ago but I did get a laugh out of it. It was amazing on how many points I was given (45) and they removed all but 12, and kept on in the process.
                Well thats good to hear because im mervous about this points situation lol. Looking forward to Feb. 9, I hear they'e trying to get 40 for a class this summer (junish) and done by dec. I guess they had a video up today some where about it.

Comment

• Anyone schedule their test yet? I'll be there for the 10am on Monday the 12th.

Comment

• I'm doing my test this Sunday at 10:30. I'm a bit eager to get it done, still chipping away at the paperwork though. Exact dates aren't going to happen and a few places I've worked are closed now.

Comment

• I scheduled for Feb. 9 at 4pm.

Comment

• I'm scheduled the 10th. It looks like none of us are going to run into each other haha.

Comment

• I have to wait til the 14th, unfortunately... I'd like to just get it done but I've have to work

Comment

• No Cool Runnings tripping incidents for us I guess. Lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6717 users online. 335 members and 6382 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X