Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPD works 4 on 2 off. 1st shift: 7a-2p 2nd shift: 2p-10p and 3rd shift: 10p-6a. They also have noon-8p and 8p-4a and midnight-8am.

Comment

thanks for the information

Comment

Anyone have any new details or news to share? I heard from my BI that he is down to about 30 people after starting with 50. Keep in mind there are I believe 6 different investigators. So quick math would give that 300 number that they stated they were taking. However, either they are weeding out people very fast simply by applications or people are dropping out of the process once they realize they can't hide certain blemishes they thought they could.

Comment

You heard from him? Or you contacted him? They have not contacted any of my references, family, or employers, so I don't think that they are getting rid of people yet. Either that or I got pushed to the bottom of the pile because there wasn't very much on my paperwork...

Comment

Not sure whats going on. I had my meeting with the BI back in early April. Since that time nobody has been contacted wether it be work, references or what not. I do know that a background check was done at my office and returned back to Toledo Police Investiagtions but other then that nothing. My BI informed me that she was going to call me ahead of time before calling to speak with my employer so I can advise them of the sitatuation. I was told it would be atleast a month before she would call and its been almost a month now. If I hear anything I will keep you guys posted but just seams like its a waiting game.

Comment

He contacted me with a quick question in regards to a previous employer. He also stated he was contacting my two current employers that day. That was true because one of my employers talked to me about being contacted. Sounds like they are moving right along.

Comment

Just stopped in to a place I used to work today and they said that they received a call on Friday. Looks like things are finally moving along!

Comment

Post deleted
                  Last edited by cleveland6; 04-29-2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I would imagine that he just took the exam a second time, if it is not another person with the same name. They had been told for years that they were going to go through the academy and it kept getting pushed back, so he was probably just making sure nothing was going to go awry. It didn't cost him anything to take the exam a second time, so why not? Either that or he just took it with some friends to get them to take it. I don't think there is any way the city could have gotten through all of the paperwork and all of his exams and everything in 2 months to get him into that class off of our exam. They already had alternates picked out from that original exam, so if someone was no longer interested they had other people to go take.

Comment

They did not know for sure if the were in the class when the test was given. So everyone in the class that just graduated most likely took the test again!!

Comment

Yeah you guys are obviously right haha. I am just getting to darn excited to get through this process and hopefully find out good news. Anuways, best of luck to all.

Comment

Any news on the front? I still haven't heard anything from my BI and none of my employers or references have been contacted. I was wondering if that was the case for anybody else.
                          Last edited by PSO Witt; 05-26-2011, 09:05 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

I know that 2 of my previous employers were contacted last week. None of my personal contacts or family have been contacted yet however. It has been 2 months since my meeting with my BI so I hope that I hear something soon, but I am not really expecting to hear anything until the mid to end of June.

Comment

From what I have heard though, it seems as if more backgrounds are being done on more people as many applicants have been disqualified. I hope that is not the case since nobody knows for sure what the actual "points" system is.

Comment

I hope that isn't the case! I thought the whole point of this process was to narrow the field down to a reasonable number to interview. I guess they never gave any indication of how many they would interview, but if they did backgrounds on 200-300 people and half didn't pass, then they still have a very big number to interview and pick from. And, if that many people are being disqualified, why don't they just give a general idea of the parameters in the future. If they just said, you can't have more than 5 tickets, or been arrested twice, or some sort of guidlines like that then many of these people wouldn't even have taken the exam and gone through the proceess.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12444 users online. 456 members and 11988 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X