Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor has it that 29 people failed either their medical or psych test.

So out of the original 110, there are only 81 people left.

I know of at least 5 that failed their PT and most likely more than that. There are still 20 left to go and they will lose people within the first few weeks of the academy.

Chances are that all the alternates get used. If not, the bright side is that they are at the top of the list for the next class of 50.

Comment

• where did you hear that 29 failed the med/psych? If your info is correct then it looks like we have a pretty good shot at getting in. I still have to do my pt test on Tuesday but I know that I'm going to pass. Good luck Dall.

Comment

• A guy in my PT test group knew somebody in the department involved with the hiring process.

Tuesday is the last official day of PT and then Thursday is apparently a make up day. The instructors told us that they know for sure that there are at least 3 openings that need to be filled in the class as of now. But thats before the final groups do their PT, medical appeals are in, and before people drop out of the class.

My guess is that there will be at least 5 openings in the class before Friday and not a lot of alternates left to fill them. They said they hope everyone knows by Friday, but thats not a guarantee. Keep your phone by you because they can call you at any point between now and November to fill a spot.
        Last edited by Dallcow; 09-29-2013, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Also, those 3 openings are AFTER they've already been calling alternates to fill spots.

My bet is that by October 15th there are no more than 5-10 alternates left and the rest will probably be called after people drop out of the academy.

Comment

• Does anyone know if this goverment shut down will affect the academy class?

Comment

• Does anyone know how difficult the physical part of the academy will be? Like highschool football practice hard? Basic training hard?

Comment

• Worse than basic training as far as the physical parts and harder than freshman year of college as far as the academics go.

If you're already worried about it then I suggest you give the spot to someone else whose not

Comment

• I'm good. Thanks for the info though.

Comment

• I got selected. See you guys on the 15th.

Comment

• How is everyone doing in academy? Any drop yet or any other news?

Comment

• Well I was one point shy of passing after appeals...my BI called this morning to set up a refresher for backgrounds for a December academy date!!

Comment

• I also received a phone call last week. Will go in to sign appropriate paperwork to have an updated BI done.

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything regarding the new class or when backgrounds will be completed?

Comment

• Haven't heard much here. Will be awhile since the class is going to be in December. I'm guessing I won't hear anything until July. Thats just what I believe.

Comment

• background have to be done by mid july. They said to watch your email late july early aug

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5404 users online. 210 members and 5194 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X