300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChicagoDream82 View Post
    What does the list was updated down to 295 to be exact mean.
    He means that they have taken 295 for background investigations. So the top 295 from the exam list are being reviewed. They will rule out people who don't pass the background investigation and then begin bringing in people for the interviews.
    Interesting that clevelend6 says that they have now pushed it back to December. Seems like we will be on a long wait just like the last class with no real positive idea about when the class will actually go through. I am glad that I currently have a secure job and have the ability to wait for the process to work through all the kinks.

Comment

Not sure if they will go past 295 for this class, it all depends on the applicants. They are not getting the greatest applicants, if you will, that is why they have gone so far down. If you have 1 misdemeanor conviction, you are basically out. But if you don't get into this class, you will have a chance for the next one for sure.

Comment

Met with my BI today, she did state that the next class will be 50 recruits, did not say when it was going to start or if they were doing another class after this one. She did confirm they are doing more backgrounds then what they started out with, when asked if it was down to 295 she stated yes. She also stated that the backgrounds would eliminate alot of people, its a point system with anyone over 10 points is disqualified. Physical fitness will be in August according to her. Good luck everyone!

Comment

Won't eliminate me! I'm squeaky clean! However, there was a guy in my intial exam review class back in August who said that he took the exam last time around, and got eliminated for one too many tickets. He did not elaborate, so I don't know if he had reckless ops or what not...but he did seem surprised that he didn't make it past the background check. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

You get 1 pt for any ticket, doesnt matter what it is and the points go up for more serious incidents.

Comment

Are the BI's at all involved in the selection process or do the just present the facts and as long as you are under the allotted number of points are you guaranteed a physical and oral board upon successful physical? Not sure if this is a stupid question just something I was thinking about. I am not worried about my personal record didn't know if they give negative points for not finishing a degree, family history, etc. I understand each person is different just wasn't sure how exactly the point system works. Got me thinking as cadetmills stated they aren't getting the best applicants. Well at that point backgrounds hadn't fully started so I wasn't sure.
              Best of luck to all.

Comment

Not sure... I do know that the background is on a point system. Depending on what it is and how long ago it is, the incident will be given a point/points. I am not sure why they feel they are not getting the best applicants. I was one from the first pool of applicants and just met with my BI yesterday. So they havent even started my background yet. I am sure I will have points deducted for things, but I dont think I have anything that will add up to the 10 point mark to be disqualified. I will keep you all posted as I find out things. Right now I know that everything is a pass or fail, so basically you get hired off your interview, but I could be wrong.

Has anyone had their background completed yet? If so what are they deducting points for and what happens after that?

Comment

I don't think anyone's background check has been completed yet. I met with my BI on March 28th and she told me it would probably be about a month before they contacted my current employer. So I think it is going to take several weeks for each person to get done. I don't think they are finishing one person and moving on to the next. I think they are working through them in groups or something. Also, they never made it clear to us what all you get points for. I think if you have been fired from several jobs you probably get points too....because they made a comment about how work history matters as well. They physical exam doesn't happen until after the interviews. They complete interviews and then select a group for the class plus alternates. Then you have the physical, medical, and physcological exams and if you pass them then you start the academy.

Comment

The BI's have nothing to do with the hiring or assessing points. They gather the information and send everything to Civil Service Commission, who assesses points and picks candidates for interviews all the way to being hired. The BI's are simply just BI's.

Comment

After you pass the background, IT goes interview (offers of employment and alternate positions are determined after the interview) next is the medical, and psychological(written and verbal), the last step is the physical test which you will be given a practice test by the training officers so you know what to expect. It is a very long process and they only tell you what you needto know, they may call you on Monday and tell you to be somewhere for a test on Tuesday. If you do not show your out!!!

Comment

Has any one heard if alot of people are failing the background check or not, trying to find out if they are going to add more people to the mix or not.

Comment

No sure... they still have not contacted my employer or references yet and its been a month. I did hear that some people have dropped out on thier own due to personal reasons.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what shifts Toledo uses for their officers? I am from out of state and have not been able to find any information on this on their website.

Comment

Nothing has started coming back on the backgrounds yet. I met with my BI at 7am the very first day they started holding meetings and I have not heard anything. I think it will still probably be about another month before we hear anything. @TPD Hopeful, I know several people on the force, I can try to find out for you soon. If no one else responds.

Comment

http://toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2...versity-2.html

Anyone with friends on the force know if this is going to have an impact on the 2010 test. It sounds like the Chief really wants to make the civil service test every 6 months.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4377 users online. 255 members and 4122 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X