Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard anything about test results?

Comment

• Originally posted by brismo View Post
      Has anyone heard anything about test results?
      I talked to HR a couple days ago and they said that we wont get our results back until March 1 due to people needing special accomodations after we took the test Dec. 1. However, I talked to a LT. this weekend after doing a ride along and he advised that the scores should be out Feb. 1. So, there might be conflicting information.

Comment

• there is NO residency requirement any longer

Comment

• Originally posted by EvanM07 View Post
          Does Toledo accept people who have already completed the academy but has not yet been hired as a police officer yet or is currently in a self sponsored academy?

I am currently in a self sponsored academy and have filled out an application online. I will be completing my academy by May. I know their academy will be in September as others have said but will i have to go through their academy and do this all over again if they decide to hire me? Or can/will they hire me with the training I am already receiving?

I received an email telling me to go take the test on December 1st at 9:30am. Is the academy I am already in going to be a waste of time if I do get hired?
          It depends. We have done laterals in the past, where they go through a shortened, approx. 6 week academy. However, if you have not actually been an officer somewhere, they may require you to go through the full academy.

Comment

I also don't see why Toledo PD (a department that will pretty much hire anyone with a pulse)
            Why would you want to work for TPD if this is how you feel about us? Sorry I have taken some offense to this. We DO NOT hire anyone with a pulse. We do cut people out in every step of the process....I have seen it first hand

Comment

That test sucked! It is by no means any measurement of what my capabilities are as an officer. All it was is a memorization test. Memorize this, watch this and remember what happened there. Nothing by way of critical thinking or decision making or the like.

If all Toledo PD wants is a buncha cops who can memorize everything then idk if thats what I want to do. Memory doesn't make a cop....
              That is not all we are looking for. However, you have to narrow the field somehow. Some departments start with the physical test...then people would complain that they would be able to be in shape in the next several months before the academy even if they aren't now. Part of the point of a memorization test is a test of dedication. It is not impossible to memorize 18 wanted posters, plenty of people have done it. The rest of the process searches for the rest of the qualities we need in officers. You cannot teach someone memorization. They either want to do it or they don't. You can teach problem solving, and those other things to an extent in the academy. And if the people don't want to learn, they wont make it through the academy. They do not hire simply off the test. That is why there is a background review, and an interview among other things.

As of right now they are saying somewhere around 60-70 and they are planning on the class starting in the fall. The list should be out soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainD View Post
                Hopefully the number go back up to 75 ... I heard they were going to interview the first 500 is this true?
                They will not interview 500. They might do backgrounds on about 400 to get a group that is eligible for interviews.

Comment

• the list is out!

Comment

• Thanks for the info! Do you know what date the pt is scheduled for? I have to make travel plans and need to know as soon as possible.

Comment

• nope. You won't know the date until about a month to 6 weeks before, you will need to travel several times before then for other parts of the process as well

Comment

• What is the next step of the process? I am use to the pt being after the written test. What is the next step that I would have to travel for and will I have a month to 6 weeks notice before that as well?
                        Thanks for your help!

Comment

• Also, I've been a full time officer in Alabama for the past 2 1/2 years. Would I be eligible for the short academy?

Comment

• PT test is last, you have oral interview, medical, and psych before it. And no, probably not that much notice for those things. It is my understanding they may be a bit flexible with out of towners...but I'm not sure how much.

Probably not, it is for OPOTA certified....we had one go through my academy class who had 7 yrs on in Virginia.

Comment

• Anyone know if they usually get into the 500's for backgrounds? I know someone said they may take the first 400 initially but I was just wondering if they usually have to go farther.

Comment

• short answer, probably not. But it is possible, all depends on how many they hire off this list before it expires

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13783 users online. 395 members and 13388 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X