Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You actually go down there and they give you the sheet and it will give you your points and any rejections. The paper will show you what you got points for and any area of rejections. You also get a packet explaining all what they give points for and rejections. You are then given the opportunity to set up an appeal and you also get the chance to review your untire banground packet/investigation.

Comment

• So you get all the details about the investigation? (What everyone said, who said it, what they found, etc.)

Also, if information is found but can't be verified, do they count that against you?

I have a specific incident that someone said occurred, then retracted it. Nothing ever happened but I was just wondering if they count that against you if it's false information.
      Last edited by cam_barnes; 12-11-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Yes you get a chance to see all of the details. As far as your situation its hard to say cause if you sont mention it, and they find it even tho its false will not look good. But even when you mention it they may hold it against you and let you handle it in appeals.

Comment

• Thanks. I would absolutely mention it. That's not even a question. I just wish this situation would have never come up but I guess now that I know about it all I can do is disclose it.

I wasn't sure if they'd let you see all the details of who said what since it could cause some people to get pretty upset about what others might have said about them.

So, for the information they give you with all the points marked, does it have the complete report attached? Or do you have to separately request to review the entire packet?
          Last edited by cam_barnes; 12-11-2012, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• You get a summary sheet that has what you got points for and rejections. Then they ask you if you would like to veiw your background, and that's when you see everything. There is not really a typed summary other than your points and rejections sheet. Your background investigator does just that they don't give a recommendation or anything. My last BIexplained it all to me and even he disagreed with that. He explained that as ones BI we know more about you then what the interviewers do so they should be able to make a recommendation but.... they don't.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I just hate that anyone can say whatever they want and they can use that against you. No one's perfect but I guess most things are explainable when you go to appeal it.

Comment

• Same thing just happened to me with BI for FCSO my current employer said I dont always tell the truth! Funny they had just given me a significant raise a week before. The BI said it didnt hold to much weight

Comment

• Mine is a little more serious than that. I think I know all the details but something always comes up. I guess all I can do is try my best to explain that it's untrue and it's up to them whether they believe a lie or the truth.

Comment

• Another question - only with regards to how they will be choosing people for the backgrounds/next step after testing. Do they already have an eligibility list of candidates to use for the next academy? Or will it be solely based on who took the most recent test?

Comment

• The people that took this most recent test will be lined up in order of passing score. Then they will take for example the first 150 for backgrounds if they are not looking good they will pull in more of the list and so on. Then after that they hold appeals then interviews. Then the phone call to say yes you are selected or no call and that sucks I have had that twice now.

Comment

• Thanks. I've never really been that far into it due to some complications but I'm sure it can suck pretty bad. It really sucks that you pretty much have a 14 year window to become a police officer and it takes around a year to even get hired anywhere. You could be on one of the last steps and find out the whole year was a "waste". I have about 10 years left but I'm starting to get discouraged due to things some people are saying, lies, etc. Just seems like no one will give you a chance if someone says something bad about you..even if it's proven to not be true.

Comment

• Hey at least you have 10 years left. I'm 32 and I would say I have 3 at the most left to get in. But I know what you mean it sucks for me to because I was hired by virginia beach police and I really wanted to work for toledo and I was unable to make the move with my family so I decided to wait for toledo and was not selected!

Comment

• Also being from michigan there are slim to none jobs for police. And if you want to be sponsored forget about it lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by brismo View Post
                              Hey at least you have 10 years left. I'm 32 and I would say I have 3 at the most left to get in. But I know what you mean it sucks for me to because I was hired by virginia beach police and I really wanted to work for toledo and I was unable to make the move with my family so I decided to wait for toledo and was not selected!
                              Wow, that would really be bad. I think everyone wants to be a police officer right now so it's pretty hard to get in anywhere. I just don't wanna be stuck at a job where I don't really feel like I'm making any kind of an impact or difference. It'd also be nice to actually like my job. lol

And yeah, Michigan is a pretty bad place to be finding any job right now. Hopefully things get better there though.

I know if they put me through the BI I'm pretty much set from there (as long as everyone likes me, I guess). I don't really have any worries other than that one thing.

Comment

• Can anyone give me somewhat of a list of things that are automatic disqualifiers on the background?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18886 users online. 502 members and 18384 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X