Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody know for sure if somebody with an "other than honorable" discharge can still be able become a police officer for Ohio. I spoke with one of the HR guys over the phone and he said to take test it doesnt matter if I have the "OTH discharge". He also said it would be upto the background agent to decide. I have no criminal background and driving record is perfect, the only thing that is bothering me is the discharge. It was for AWOL backnin August of 2001, while i was still in bootcamp.

Comment

• SamS1979 - I would think that would be something they may count points for during the BI. From what I've read and heard, you are allotted a certain # of "points" for your BI and if you go over the allotted amount, you can appeal it. If you have a good explanation for it, they might not be so harsh. Also, since it was over 10 years ago that might help.

Comment

• Well I'm glad the test is over.... Again! 2 interviews so hopefully 3rd time is a charm. Felt good about the test. Has anyone heard any news as of late? How many they want in the next class or anything?

Comment

• That test sucked! It is by no means any measurement of what my capabilities are as an officer. All it was is a memorization test. Memorize this, watch this and remember what happened there. Nothing by way of critical thinking or decision making or the like.

If all Toledo PD wants is a buncha cops who can memorize everything then idk if thats what I want to do. Memory doesn't make a cop....

Comment

• Feeling good about that test. Yes, it is all about memorization but I think that's a quality a cop needs (among thousands of other qualities).

I read on here that the next step is the BI (after notification of test results). Can anyone verify this?

Comment

• Originally posted by cam_barnes View Post
              Feeling good about that test. Yes, it is all about memorization but I think that's a quality a cop needs (among thousands of other qualities).

I read on here that the next step is the BI (after notification of test results). Can anyone verify this?
              Yes memorization is a very good quality for a police officer but thats not all you need. And just a memorization test does not seem to be a good representation of ones skills as an officer for hiring purposes in my opinion.

Comment

• Yes cam barnes, that is the next step. They make a list of the people that passed then select a certain number to come in for backgrounds. So the bigger the class they plan to hire the more will make it through to backgrounds. I'm just looking for an official number they want in their next academy class.

Comment

• Originally posted by brismo View Post
                  Yes cam barnes, that is the next step. They make a list of the people that passed then select a certain number to come in for backgrounds. So the bigger the class they plan to hire the more will make it through to backgrounds. I'm just looking for an official number they want in their next academy class.
                  I read somewhere (I think the Toledo Blade) that they're looking to have 75 in their next class in September 2013.

Comment

• I just read that the mayor is looking to hire at least 45 for the next class. The union was upset that they scales it back from 75. That's going to make it even harder to land a spot in the next class!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by brismo View Post
                      I just read that the mayor is looking to hire at least 45 for the next class. The union was upset that they scales it back from 75. That's going to make it even harder to land a spot in the next class!!!
                      Not the best news but isn't the eligibility list good for 2 years? They've been having a class at least once a year lately so hopefully that continues...and hopefully we all did VERY well on the test!

Comment

• I know its good for awhile but not really sure on an exact timeline. Well now for the waiting game the worst part of this whole process waiting for everything!!

Comment

• I think the only waiting that bothers me is with the background investigation - because it's really up to other people to determine if you pass or not. Just depends on what everyone says about you.

Comment

• I also felt like the test went well. Any chance the number gets bumped back up the 75?

Comment

• Hopefully the number go back up to 75 ... I heard they were going to interview the first 500 is this true?

Comment

• For those that have been through Toledo's background investigation, could you answer a question for me?

I was wondering what information is in the letter after they've reviewed it. I know you get a letter explaining what you got points for, but I wasn't sure how much info it has. Does it have your entire background investigation? Or does it just have a little paragraph for each thing?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11350 users online. 374 members and 10976 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X