Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The city has probably only about 300 officers on the street, if that. There are many old timers at the end of their DROP. There will at least be 50 go this year and maybe more due to SB5. The 300 officers is not counting people on light duty and command. They just promoted 80 command officers. Case in point, they need officers. Their authorized strength is about 650, which they haven't had in about 10 yrs. Everyone on this list should have a chance to get on. Just my opinion, i guess. Things could change for better or worse. Hopefully for better.

Comment

For those who feel they have it bad because they scored low on the test you could be in my shoes, I went through the entire hiring process for the class that is graduating in a couple of weeks. I passed every part of the testing and was told they were hiring 33 people which is where I ended up at #33 on the list. Well as most of you know they only hired 31 so those of us left had to start all over and test again, this is after being put through to process 2 times. After the new test i am back down at #371 so now I have to wait until at least next year if they even hire a class next year!!!

Comment

They will have no choice with retirements, to hire more. But you never know what the cities gonna do. My advice is to take as many tests as you can and keep all options open. Sooner or later you will get your break.

Comment

AH! I can finally post! Guess I should have registered back in October when I first found this message board! I registered on the 12th, as soon as I found the results online and wanted to share with everyone. Too bad I didn't know I wouldn't be able to post immediately! OH well, glad I can now! I am in the top 50 on the list, and went for the initial background investigation meeting and interview. I also think that the physical requirements listed don't seem to be that bad. However, I am sure that there are people who will not be able to complete them. What I find interesting, is that they told us every step of the process is basically pass/fail. So I am no better off because I am in the top 50 than someone in the top 100 of test scores. Also, after the background check if I have nothing negative, I am no better off than someone who just barely squeaks through. So, it seems that they pick the class only based on the interview. It will be an interesting process and I will try to keep you updated as we go through the steps. The detective doing my background check did say that it would be about a month before they contact my current employer...so it seems this stage will take quite awhile.

Comment

I was just told they are down to 300 on the list. Getting closer to me!!!!! Good luck to you webbie, i am sure you will do fine. Like i said before in a post, by next year they will have gone right through this list. I guess there were several in the top ten that just decided to take themselves out of the process.

Comment

I e-mailed Chief Navarre and he told me he belives there will also be a class in 2012, but did not say how many!!

Comment

Finally, i can post! I am just wondering if anyone knows how many they are hiring. I heard they are doing two classes of 25 each.

Comment

They are doing 50 for the class in november and 25-50 in the class for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by CadetMills17 View Post
                    They are doing 50 for the class in november and 25-50 in the class for next year.
                    Where did you get this information from. If this is true that would be great news.

Comment

I currently work closely with Toledo Police and one of my good friends is up in backgrounds as we speak and he keeps me up to date with everything.

Comment

Any idea if they plan on going past 300 for this year's class???

Comment

I meet with my background detective on the 15 of April. Hopefully there will be a time to ask him questions. That would be great if they were hiring 50 for the Oct 1st class. I will keep you posted on what i find out!

Comment

They are hiring 50, for sure and the list was updated down to 295 to be exact.

Comment

Originally posted by CadetMills17 View Post
                              They are hiring 50, for sure and the list was updated down to 295 to be exact.
                              I really hope you are right and they are hiring 50. What does the list was updated down to 295 to be exact mean.
                              Last edited by ChicagoDream82; 04-13-2011, 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I met with my BI today. I asked out of curiosty how far down the list they anticipate going she said 300. Did not confirm 50, however did say the class will be in december not october. Backgrounds will go through august with PT to follow.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8726 users online. 422 members and 8304 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X