Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your guess is as good as mine

Comment

I talked to the chief and he told me there will be a class this year as well as at least 2 more off the new list. The class looks like it will begin in Oct, but through my experience it will probably be pushed back till the end of the year.

Comment

The Toledo exam results are in. Click on Human Resources and you will find the eligibility list, you can view a copy of it on the website. Thanks CadetMills17 for letting us know the results are in.
        Last edited by ChicagoDream82; 03-14-2011, 02:27 PM.

Comment

A total of 587 applicants passed the civil service entrance exam with a 70% and made the eligibility list. Applicant must pass a written civil service examination
          - Applicant must pass an extensive background investigation
          - Applicant must submit to an oral interview
          - Applicant must pass a complete medical and
          psychological examination/evaluation
          - Successful candidates will be required to pass a physical fitness test.

Does anyone know what the physical fitness test requirements are for the Toledo Police Dept? Does anyone know if the City of Toledo uses this list until exhausted? Does everyone who passed the civi servicel entrance exam get processed eventually? How many years is the eligibility list good for? Does this list expire?

Comment

The PT test is your basic OPOTA Standards...Just look on the website. They are taking the first 125 to do backgrounds, but don'd be discouraged, a lot of people will be bumped out due to backgrounds and PT Test. Just be patient. All that counts is that you are on the list. The list is good for 2 years. They can also extend the list, just like the current academy took their test in 2005. You can do the math there. Good Luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by CadetMills17 View Post
              The PT test is your basic OPOTA Standards...Just look on the website. They are taking the first 125 to do backgrounds, but don'd be discouraged, a lot of people will be bumped out due to backgrounds and PT Test. Just be patient. All that counts is that you are on the list. The list is good for 2 years. They can also extend the list, just like the current academy took their test in 2005. You can do the math there. Good Luck to everyone.

Males (<-29) Females (<-29)

Sit-ups (1 min) 40 35

Push-ups (1 min) 33 18

1.5 Mile Run 11:58 14:15

Males (30-39) Females (30-39)

Sit-ups (1 min) 36 27

Push-ups (1 min) 27 14

1.5 Mile Run 12:25 15:14

Is this the basic OPOTA Standards. Is this the PT you have to pass to continue in the process and get hired. Or are these the standards you have to pass when coming out of the Academy? Because if these are standards to just continue in the process then 75% of the applicants will fail this test. I think its wishful thinking on my part to believe that is the actual test you have to pass prior to being hired. I really hope the PT is that hard, because that would mean a lot of eliminations on the PT, and the better chance the City goes through the whole list.

Comment

Decent enough to move forward
                Last edited by cleveland6; 04-29-2012, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cleveland6 View Post
                  Got mine today, wish it was a little higher however am listed as number 145. So I am close to the cutoff what does this mean for my chances of getting a call in the future? How are the rest of you stacking up?
                  Well, in Illinios every Department requires a applicant to pass a State POWER test before entering the academy. For age 20-29 males, must run 1.5 mile in 13:46, sit ups 37/min, and bench press 98% of weight. I dont know what the POWER test requirments are in the State of Ohio. I can tell you with certainty if the Ohio requirments are

Males (<-29) Females (<-29)

Sit-ups (1 min) 40 35

Push-ups (1 min) 33 18

1.5 Mile Run 11:58 14:15

Males (30-39) Females (30-39)

Sit-ups (1 min) 36 27

Push-ups (1 min) 27 14

1.5 Mile Run 12:25 15:14

then 75% will fail the POWER test, and you will definiatly get your shot for the 1st academy class of this list. But I have a feeling these are requirments for recruits to graduate the Academy, which they would take it the end when they are in the best shape of their life. But if I am wrong and it is pre academy then 75% will fail. I just want to know what the pre academy POWER test is, as I have a feeling there isnt one, just a post academy POWER test.

Comment

The requirements are on the Toledo website. If SB5 goes through there will be a mass exodus of retirements and they will probably hire in the 100's. They will ultimately go through the whole list. Right now they are planning for an academy of 25 in October and in January of next. BE PATIENT and apply to other places as well. I know from experience, take as many tests as you can so you have options.

Comment

Good news to all, The City of Toledo is outsourcing its trash and has now balanced to budget. The Mayor decided to add 25 more recruits to the next academy. That means that the top 250 will be called in for backgrounds...Good Luck!

Comment

Good news to all, The City of Toledo is outsourcing its trash and has now balanced to budget. The Mayor decided to add 25 more recruits to the next academy. That means that the top 250 will be called in for backgrounds...Good Luck!
                        I recently saw this on the local news as well. This is fantastic news as far as having the budget balanced. For many of us the next step is going to be to sit back and let them do our backgrounds and hope for the best.

Comment

At the end of this year, the retirements will possibly be up in the hundreds. I wouldn't be surprised if they go right through this whole list.

Comment

At the end of this year, the retirements will possibly be up in the hundreds. I wouldn't be surprised if they go right through this whole list.
                            I hope you are right but the Toledo Police Department, has only about 600 Officers. The Chicago Police Department has 13,000 and they have about 400 retirements a year, so I dont know how Toledo with only 600 on the force, can have retirements in the hundreds. Also CadetMills17, can you please copy and paste the power test for the Toledo Police Department, in the forum or tell me exactly where to find it. I tried looking all over for this man and I cant find it. Your info has been great, as you have been the driving force behind this thread.

Comment

Provided in brochure at background orientation.

1.5 Mile Run 15:14
                              300 Meter Run 64.7 Sec
                              Sit-Ups (timed 1 Min.) 31
                              Push-Ups (unlimited) 22
                              1 Repetition Maximum Bench Press .61 Ratio

Comment

Originally posted by cleveland6 View Post
                                Provided in brochure at background orientation.

1.5 Mile Run 15:14
                                300 Meter Run 64.7 Sec
                                Sit-Ups (timed 1 Min.) 31
                                Push-Ups (unlimited) 22
                                1 Repetition Maximum Bench Press .61 Ratio
                                What a joke of a power test, this will not eliminate many people. Thank You cleveland6, for answering the question.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6519 users online. 367 members and 6152 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X