Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I remember they said the info for PT gear will be in all the paper work we get day one.

Comment

• I will let you know if I hear anything steve, got my boots at superior today hope they are ok! She sais all they care about is that the toes are stitchless and hold a shine.

Comment

• I got a pair of bates GX-8's at bass pro plain toe and not to bad of a price.

Comment

• I spoke with Officer Galvin from the police academy. He told me the guy who took our order for the PT clothing will email each of us individually with a total price of what everything will cost including tax and shipping. Officer Galvin also told me that he will send out an email to everyone in the class explaining this.

Beast,
          I was at Superior Uniform today. They told me the Bates GX-8 boots may not be acceptable for the Toledo Police Academy. Instead they recommended I buy a boot that does not look so aggressive on the front of the toe and heal area. I bought both the GX-8 and another boot that I don’t like quite as much. When I get to the academy I plan on asking if the GX-8 is acceptable, then returning whichever one I don’t need. I just thought I would give you a heads up.

Comment

• I received my email about the PT gear, this is it:

Dear trainee,

Do not bring money with you for the P.T. gear on the first day of the academy. The order has been placed for the P.T. gear. When the order comes into the academy you will be notified how much you owe which will include shipping and tax.

Toledo Police Department Academy Training Staff

Comment

• Thanks for the info Steve. That could've been bad considering the price tag. What boots did they recommend?

Comment

• Do our boots need to be shining on the first day, because I have never put a shine on boots before, any one got any tips for me. Thanks!

Comment

• From what I have heard its probably a good idea.

Comment

• Beast,
                    They recommended the 8 or 5” tactical sport boot. They said we should pay attention to the toe and heal. If it looks clean, plain, and is capable of shining we should be in good shape.

I have never shined boots either. I guess I will bring my boots as is.

Comment

• What brand??

Comment

• The Bates 8 or 5” tactical sport boot.

Comment

• Ok cool. Thanks man.

Comment

• Well spoke to some friends of mine that have been through the Academy recently and got some tips to pass on. They recommended that you do have your boots polished day one. Also make sure all your Irish Pennants (the little strings on the seams of your clothes) on your clothes and boots are trimmed up, don't wear your dress/uniform shirt on your way in, hang it in your car and put it on as well as your boots when you park before walking in to avoid wrinkling your shirt and scuffing your boots. I got some other advice like the class should partner up to get a little stock pile of things we may need in an emergency like Boot Polish, polish kit, Razors and shaving cream, etc. so just in case someone has an issue so we can get it resolved before we get nailed on it. Anyone that has been through it have anything they can or would like to add??

Comment

• The bates GX-8 are very similar to the boots that I wore the entire academy. As long as you shine them, you should be fine. The only other advice I can give is, You will do something wrong no matter how hard you try. Just remember that the academy is a test of your strength; mental, emotional, and physical. If you can keep that in the front of your brain, and focus on finishing, you will be fine.

Comment

• Where is the best place to get a polish kit and or polish at?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17574 users online. 468 members and 17106 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X