Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am really hoping that more information comes with the official letter that we are supposed to be getting. I am the type of person that likes to be as prepared as possible, so I feel like I have lots of questions. I know that PT is every morning, do we show up in our workout gear? or do we show up for roll in our "uniform" and then get to change? When will we know when we will get out PT gear? We are allowed to use our normal tennis shoes right, or do we have to workout in the black shoes (ha!)? They told us to bring the stuff we need for school. What does that mean? Pens and paper enough for the first day? Do I need a lock for my locker? Just like BigC said, I don't want to be "that guy" who does something stupid the first day. This is all very important to all of us, so I am thankful that we have this message board to share info and help keep each other sane!

I am trying to find the happy medium between being the person who wants to show up with a suitcase the first day so I have everything I need, and showing up without something I should have. I also don't want to be that person that calls and asks a million and one questions, but it seems like that is somewhat what they are looking for. It doesn't seem like they are going to go out of their way to make sure everyone is all prepared and they seem helpful when you call to ask.

Comment

• I was told by one of the officers there that we should wear a clean pressed white longsleve collar shirt, black dress slacks, a black belt, our clip-on tie, and the high gloss black dress shoes with no stitches on the toe. I was also told that we have to report at 7:00am sharp so it would be best to be there by 6:45am at the latest. I was also told that there can be no electronic devices of any kind in the classroom so leave your phone in the car. I will bring my gym bag with a lock just in case but I will leave it in the trunk since I was not told to have it on the first day. I wish I had more info as well, but I will just roll with the punches until we get all of our questions answered. I'm still floating on cloud 9 for making it this far. I can deal with a little chaos now lol.

Comment

• Just got the letter in my email! Can't wait to meet you guys on the 15th, hope you are ready! I am pumped

Comment

• Yep just got mine too!!! I'm so excited, can't wait to meet you guys either.
          They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

• What letter did you get? i just talked to Danielle and she said to go a week before to get the ID form Owens. and that on the frst day show up in our dress clothes...then well be insructed on how to dress from there on out.

Comment

• I got an official letter signed by Chief Diggs saying the selection process has been completed and that i have successfully completed all phases and will will be a member of the 2011 police class. It gives a little bit more info about showing up on the 15th and what to bring with you. The email said that the hard copy will also be mailed to our homes.

Comment

• They said to those that havent gotten a letter yet dont worry about it. unless you get something saying youre not in...youre still in the class. they said you may or may not get a lettr.

Comment

• Yea, I wouldn't be worried, I bet your's is in the mail. The only reason the HR woman had my email address was because I had her email some other things to me throughout the process.

Comment

• Finally just got my official letter. I knew i was in, but its just nice to have it and know fo sure. See you all November 15th. I cant wait!

Comment

• PT email

Hey guys what did the PT email say and about when did it come because i can't find one. I hope the 100 isnt really due tmr!

Comment

• She sent them all out (I think) on Monday the 17th. The email just had your purchase order in it, with the total that you owe, and it says that the money si due by the 1st. She did put in the email to respond to her if you received it, so she knew, but I hadn't received mine and called last week. She had my email address wrong, so she resent it right away. I would call her today and ask about it. Also, the guy will take a credit card, so you can do it over the phone if you need to.

Comment

• I was wondering if any of you are hearing anything about next years class?? Any info you can get for the rest of us that are still waiting would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Comment

• We haven't really heard much, other than they keep telling us they are planning another class of about 50 to start right after us. BUT, see the bottom of this article. They are worried about potential budget issues. http://www.wtol.com/story/15960959/t...x-new-officers

Just remember, they started the background process with us in the end of March, and we didn't take our physicals until the middle of Oct. I am sure that some parts could have gone a bit quicker, but they will probably have to start the process close to 6 months out, to get prepared for the next class.

Comment

• I have heard different things from alot of people, but if they can afford to take a class the process wont take as long. They will just check your background from the point when they took the last class. They are going to pull off the list that they already have. Goodluck to all the new recruits, and for the rest of us keep our fingers crossed!

Comment

• opiey, I think they are all people who did not even get called in for backgrounds the first time around, or they got called in for the backgrounds, but weren't selected. So they will still have to go through all of the medical, psych, etc. stuff that we all went trhough. You were an alternate, right? Did you get a spot?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8772 users online. 275 members and 8497 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X