300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cleveland6 View Post
    well ladies and gentlemen... HR said today that our results will be sent by Thanksgiving. That sure would be nice news if it holds true. I also saw Mayor Mike Bell's proposed budget asks for a class of 25 recruits next year. That is comforting news to know that a class is a priority on the budget.
    That is fantastic news, the City of Toledo , and Mayor Mike Bell 's proposed budget asking for class of 25 recruits next year.

Comment

Hey ChicagoDream, I figured you would appreciate this article I found. I am not able to copy and paste it because my blackberry won't allow me. If you go to google and type Toledo Police the subject is toledo police academy underway. It is from wtol news. It is a nice article, however, even better is the last sentence of the article. Check out what it says and tell me if I read it right!? If so that's great. That sure will give a better shot to more of us all vying for a small amount of spots.

Comment

http://www.wtol.com/Global/story.asp?S=13514899

Well toledo won't be recruiting for a new class for awhile. Read that article.

Comment

Hey ChicagoDream, I figured you would appreciate this article I found. I am not able to copy and paste it because my blackberry won't allow me. If you go to google and type Toledo Police the subject is toledo police academy underway. It is from wtol news. It is a nice article, however, even better is the last sentence of the article. Check out what it says and tell me if I read it right!? If so that's great. That sure will give a better shot to more of us all vying for a small amount of spots.
          Thats awesome news cleveland6. Im looking foward to starting the process and yes your eyes read it right lol.

Comment

Are we going to find out our scores ever?

Comment

It has been quite a while just for the score. I actually called HR once again out of curiosity and was told an estimate would be another four weeks. Man, I just need to know if I will be considered so I can plan accordingly.

Comment

It has been quite a while just for the score. I actually called HR once again out of curiosity and was told an estimate would be another four weeks. Man, I just need to know if I will be considered so I can plan accordingly.
                Thanks for the update cleveland6. Just be patient is all we can do right now.

Comment

June 09, 2010
                  TOLEDO POLICE DEPARTMENT
                  PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING PROCESS
                  1. Complete a Police Officer Interest Card (optional)
                  2. Make application in person at Civil Service to take the test when notified
                  (3 weeks)
                  3. Take Civil Service Test (1 day)
                  4. Analysis of exam and notification (5 weeks)
                  5. Upon notification, appear for processing (fingerprinting, photograph,
                  completion of background questionnaire)
                  6. Background Investigation Begins (12 weeks)
                  7. Background points assessed & candidate reviews background (5 weeks)
                  8. Appeal points to Civil Service (1 day)
                  9. Candidates with background points between 0-12 are given an oral
                  interview ( 1 week)
                  10. Police Chief’s review of candidates oral interview, selection of class; offer
                  of employment contingent upon successful completion of medical,
                  psychological and physical ability test (1 week)
                  11. Administer written psychological test and psychological interview
                  12. Administer medical exam (3 weeks)
                  13. Administer physical ability (10 days)
                  14. If successful with all examinations the candidate will enter the academy
                  (24 weeks)
                  Timelines are estimates, subject to change; estimated time is 59 weeks

Well I think its safe to day that this schedule was just wishful thinking. According to the Toledo Police Department we were supposed to get our results in 5 weeks, and we were told the day of the test 4-6 weeks, and it has now been 111 days = 16 weeks and we are still waiting.

Comment

Since there is a academy class already present. When are they looking to recruit the people that took the test.

Comment

There was some vague talk about another class this fall or even maybe earlier - if you do some digging through back stories on Toledoblade.com you might find the references. The current class isn't even bringing enough recruits on board to replace retirements and the department needs to keep manpower above a certain level to meet requirements of a COPS grant they got last year. The current class is barely keeping them in compliance to the best of my knowledge - maybe somebody with more knowledge will weigh in on the topic.
                      Last edited by Mr. Clean; 12-14-2010, 09:54 PM. Reason: hyperlink
                      "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Any new News?

Comment

there is a current academy going on right now. They will wait till the last possible minute to certify the test because as soon as they certify that test, thats when the time starts for the 2 years the results will be valid. Don't look to hear anything until june or july 2011.

Comment

I didnt know the exam results are valid for 2 years in Toledo. I thought the list in Toledo is good for longer then 2 years. The current Toledo Police Academy class applied in 2004 to become Toledo Police Officers. They received their results 8 months after taking the exam and were hired 6 years later. So the current Toledo Police Academy class applied in 2004 and they were hired in 2010. It took 6 years to get hired.

Comment

tpd class

Your correct. Technically the list can only last for 2 yrs. The only reason they used that test was because of the budget and they had to get people hired so they wouldn't lose there COPS grant. They can always extend the results but ideally the test is only good for 2 years. I have heard from a reliable source that they will not hire again for another 4 yrs. Its best to look somewhere else. Out of this state.

Comment

Originally posted by CadetMills17 View Post
                                Your correct. Technically the list can only last for 2 yrs. The only reason they used that test was because of the budget and they had to get people hired so they wouldn't lose there COPS grant. They can always extend the results but ideally the test is only good for 2 years. I have heard from a reliable source that they will not hire again for another 4 yrs. Its best to look somewhere else. Out of this state.
                                So if your saying the list technically can only last for 2 yrs, and the City of Toledo according to a reliable source of yours, will not hire again for anothr 4 years, then basically what you are saying is we will not get our results until 2013. So from day of test until we get our results for the test itsgonna take a total of 3 years just to receive our results. Wow thats hard to believe. I would think we would get our results in the next few months, but thats just a guess.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2640 users online. 153 members and 2487 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X