Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't expect any changes, just wanted to get another one under my belt before the real thing!

Comment

• Did you notice if there were people who weren't completing the requirements? I just went on Saturday, and there were about 8 people who just didn't show up, and then there were a handful that couldn't finish one thing or another. They are really thinking that there will be a decent number who fail the phsyical. I am just curious since I am an alternate and need to bump people out of the way for my spot!

Comment

• Yea I did notice quite a few people failed one or more parts of the test, kind of bad when were this close and people are still not ready
        They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

• Hey webbie have you heard anything yet?
          They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

• Nope nothing new. Guessing that I passed the medical and psych since others had already heard if they needed to retake part of the psych. They did say that the 50 who were selected will be taken in alphabetical order for the fitness test, so if you are towards the beginning of the alphabet you will be on Saturday the 8th, and at the end you will be on Sunday. The alternates will be taken in number order on the following weekend.

Did you see that they are pushing 7 people through early? They are already OPOTA certified, so they will go through a shortened course. The article I read said that they will then put the other 43 through as normal starting in November. Hopefully, for my sake, they push that number back up to 50 so that there are 7 extra spots. Also, since the chief is retiring, I hope things don't change!

Comment

• I hope that's the case because I havent heard a thing and its getting real close, I hope they keep it at 50, one of the seven was at the last practice physical so I'm guessing they have been planning on pushing them through for some time now. I really don't things will change because Toledo really needs officers and maybe more then the 50 being hired now with senate bill 5 looming
              Last edited by bigc18; 09-17-2011, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• I just heard that the current negotiations in the city and the possible budget problems are delaying the process. There is no word yet on how or anything, but I imagine that we won't hear anything until they get close to ending these negotiations. So, just keep those 2 weekends open for the physical and wait...

Comment

• Well got the call to come in Monday to get my results. Im guessing things are still moving just as planned. From what I keep hearing is that the current negotiations won't affect police and fire fighters

Comment

• Get your results from what? I thought that they told us we wouldn't hear anything if we passed, and that they would contact us and tell us what we failed. Let me know what they tell you when you go in on Monday, if you can.

Comment

• She said the results for the medical and psych and that I would receive more info on the physical. Ill let you know as soon as I find out

Comment

• got the same call this morning. I am having them email it to me since I don't work in Toledo and can't get there during regular business hours. Hopefully it comes through soon!

Comment

• Well good luck to you, ill know something here in a few short hours

Comment

• Well found out I passed and got a date for my PT

Comment

• Yep, me too! Good luck at your physical!

Comment

• Congratulations and goodly luck to you too, what day do you go

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2644 users online. 153 members and 2491 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X