Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What number alternate did you start at, or how many spots did you move up? Of course it won't be the same, but I am just curious....since this is no longer in my hands to control!

Comment

• Does anyone know if being an alternate for this class actually helps you for the next class. Or are they going to add a bunch of new people to interview and the alternates just get thrown back into the mix again?

Comment

• When I spoke with the chief he said that the alternates are then the prime candidates for the next class. He said they will run your background again and as long as you haven't gotten into trouble you are in.

Comment

• I was the #2 alternate for the 2010 class when all testing was complete and was told if I got into the process agian I would have a good chance of getting in but it is not automatic. There will be others added to the process when it comes time for the next class, I am 371 on the list and when the time comes next year I will go through this process for the third time the first two times I passed all steps in the process. There are 4 other people who are in the boat as me. With a class of 50 I would not worry to much if you are an alternate. In 2008 I started as alternate 18 and finished as the first alternate, so 17 alternates would have made it into the class if the class would not have been cancelled. I wish you all good luck, you still have alot of testing left to do and I hope to see you all in the spring.

Comment

• Hey for all you guys going threw the process could you keep us informed so we know what to look forward to in the future? Would be much appreciated! Thanks

Comment

• Rwrobel,
              Just curious, in 2008 when you went from 18th alternate to the first alternate, was that supposed to be a class of 30? Also, did you have to retake all of your interviews?

Comment

• Hey all,
                I was just curious as to what attire we are supposed to wear to the pretest appointment. I as assuming workout clothes?

Comment

• Just wear something comfortable, you basically just get shuffled from room to room doin the different test
                  They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

• It was supposed to be a class of 33, I had to retake all the tests but did not hev to do another interview. I think this was just because the class never happened. I will have to reinterview in the spring if they hire another class.

Comment

• Thanks......I hope it works out for you.

Comment

• As far as i know you do not have to live in Toledo. I was told a supreme court judged it being unconstitutional to make people live some where.

Comment

• No, you do not have to live in toledo anymore to work for TPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by opiey77 View Post
                            Hey for all you guys going threw the process could you keep us informed so we know what to look forward to in the future? Would be much appreciated! Thanks
                            Do you mean when they start the academy? Because the alternates are going through all of the same stuff as the ones who are selected and I thought you were an alternate?

Comment

• Are any of you going to any of the upcoming physical training sessions?

Comment

• I went on Tuesday of this week, nothings changed its still the same as the sessions they held a month ago
                                They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14333 users online. 244 members and 14089 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X